Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Following on from another thread about the charging of batteries.....

Since purchasing my motorhome in December I have had it connected to a EHU (I have a CL site) so that I can keep an oil filled electric heater running inside to keep out damp.

I imagined it was just the same as being hooked up on a site. Am I doing anything wrong that could damage my leisure batteries or charger ????

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Sorry , cant help with your question , no idea :blonde2: but im sure someone will. Cant ask Ralph as hes over in Hull at the mo.
But id just like to say what a lovely B+B you have.
The CL site looks great too.
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
I'm sorry I cant answer your question, but I will bear you in mind when we come down to sail at Portland in July in a National Competition. Your B&B looks lovely and will also pass this on to people that will be looking for accomodation.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
depends on your onboard charger.....a regular one may overcharge the battery and cause electrolyte loss....dry plates....if left on for any length of time.

a multi stage smart charger will be fine.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi

How far are you away from Portland? I ask because we are sailing this weekend and if I mention your B&B folk are bound to ask how far from the Sailing Academy you are.

Many thanks

Dale King

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I have my van connected to the mains whenever we are at home. During the colder months I have an oilfilled radiator, set quite low, permanently connected to keep the chill off and avoid damp.

The battery charger is normally switched off, about once a fortnight I switch the charger on for 24 kours to charge the Leisure battery and the following evening I switch over to charge the cab battery. This way ensures that both batteries are ready to go when I am.

Phil.

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
No - its a good idea to have some background heat.

OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Hi

How far are you away from Portland? I ask because we are sailing this weekend and if I mention your B&B folk are bound to ask how far from the Sailing Academy you are.

Many thanks

Dale King

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your interest.
We are about 15 miles from Osprey Quay. Takes about 30 mins through Weymouth or can go the back way through Portesham/Chickerell. About the same distance and also 30 mins but much quicker when the traffic is bad into Weymouth. (very often).

regards
Garry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back