Last Adventure

Free Member
Nov 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2017
I have a 2013 Best of 4 Chausson based on the Ford Transit Mk7. This will be the 1st winter that I am able to connect an EHU to maintain a healthy battery condition. With the EHU connected I have to select on via the control panel ( model PC 150 TR ). All is well and I can see that the batteries are charging, however as I have drained the water tank the water low warning LED on the panel is flashing, is this ok to be left continually flashing? Any idea's thank you.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I turn my control panel off. It doesn’t affect the EHU charging on my vehicle.

OP
OP
Last Adventure

Last Adventure

Free Member
Nov 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2017
Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately after turning of the control panel after about 3 minutes the voltage measure at the Leisure drops back to 12.2 volts. I notice this after hearing a relay click near the battery charger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thank you for your prompt reply. Unfortunately after turning of the control panel after about 3 minutes the voltage measure at the Leisure drops back to 12.2 volts. I notice this after hearing a relay click near the battery charger.
sounds like your battery has had it as well.

Reactions: DBK
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I have a 2013 Best of 4 Chausson based on the Ford Transit Mk7. This will be the 1st winter that I am able to connect an EHU to maintain a healthy battery condition. With the EHU connected I have to select on via the control panel ( model PC 150 TR ). All is well and I can see that the batteries are charging, however as I have drained the water tank the water low warning LED on the panel is flashing, is this ok to be left continually flashing? Any idea's thank you.

On our Best of 10 as you say you need the power on button pressed to power the relays which allow the EHU to charge leisure and cab batteries. This is not required to be on for the batteries to charge from the alternator.

The water level alarm led will just flash way happily and do no harm.

Over winter I take our MH out for a drive once every two to three weeks and connect up the EHU for one full day between those time. The batteries seem to be ok with this rota.

OP
OP
Last Adventure

Last Adventure

Free Member
Nov 22, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Sandancers. Thank you for the information on how you maintain your batteries during the winter period.
I have also contacted MMM motor home magazine Tech help. Like yourself they said yes you must have the panel switched on to connect the EHU to the leisure battery and the engine battery via the Van Bitz Battery master unit that is fitted and that leaving it in that condition will do no harm. This winter I plan to use a Maypole cover to protect the MH during the worst months of winter.
Thank you again.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Interesting post for me we have a best of 10 and this will be our first winter with hook up too. I would never have thought to switch the panel on!!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I would switch everything off and put a low current maintainer on it like the 800ma optimate 2. Then If anything goes wrong in the battery the charger simply can't deliver enough current to be dangerous or cause anything to heat up ?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I had thought about putting a low wattage heater in to combat the worst of the cold something like a greenhouse heater.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back