EHU problem (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I am in Brixham Devon, on the site EHU which has a built in RCD my reversed polarity warning light was flashing very dimly, I plugged in my polarity checker into a socket and it indicated no problem. I then tried a different EHU post and it was ok. So I then did a check on what was coming out of the the original and I had 70 volts on the neutral and 170 volts on the live, hows that possible?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sounds as if the earth on the post is where the return should be !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I have reported it and they was supposed to be ringing a sparks, be interesting as the EHU is brand new.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I am in Brixham Devon, on the site EHU which has a built in RCD my reversed polarity warning light was flashing very dimly, I plugged in my polarity checker into a socket and it indicated no problem. I then tried a different EHU post and it was ok. So I then did a check on what was coming out of the the original and I had 70 volts on the neutral and 170 volts on the live, hows that possible?
The earth you're referencing to measure the voltage isn't a true earth, or you've got a bad connection to it. I presume you're using a multimeter?

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I'd guess it's a bad earth in the EHU post. The 'reverse polarity light' simply shows the voltage between the earth and neutral wires. It is normally zero, or at least less than half a dozen volts. If it's 70 volts, then that's why the light is on dimly.

If you'd just tried the one EHU post, you might think that the earth problem was in the hookup cable or plugs. But since you've tried a different EHU post and it's fine then that shows that your hookup cable is OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back