Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
l think our trauma heater has electric to it but l have never tried it may read the book tomorrow. Just remember seeing a dial on it l never use just the gas part....ummm only had CB going on 4 years do not expect me to know everything.
Dunno regards delongue it has a 1 too 6 dial on if you mean that and a thermostat

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yes, we were on the Minehead CC site in November a few years ago, it snowed and it was b freezing - warden had to unfreeze all the taps every morning - but when the people in the caravan next door went out in the car and left a radiant heater on in their awning, I have to say we called the warden over as he was walking past and asked him 'Have you seen that?' cos frankly we didn't think it was very safe.

Just on it they came back (they'd been out for hours) and he went to talk to them - I rather think they wished they hadn't left the fire on in there !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sites and Cls pay commercial rate for leccy. not sure what the rate is now, but it was about 15p per kwh

so a 3kw heater is using 45p per hour ..

that soon mounts up.. no one uses for 24 hours, do they ?
but in winter many will have it on all day until they go to bed.. say 16 hours = £7.20

Is it any wonder that sites are installing meters ?

Our friends who run a CL nearly went bankrupt after a bad winter and the leccy bill hit the floor..
they have since installed meters .........

Metering is the only fair way.. to both supplier and consumer.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I have been in van 5 nights a week over last month (working as I am too tight to pay for hotel)
Using a 500 watt oil filled heater it's ok for keeping chill of during day and at night when sleeping
But when sat around watching telly it not warm enough so been running blown air sytem for heat and hot water on about setting 6 for about 4 hours a day and I have have used 25 litres of gas over 4 weeks I don't think that's too bad at about 60 pence a litre

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
As sites begin to meter electrcity the cost comparisons between gas and electric heating will become more important.

Doesn't bother me as I don't need hook up and use a portable gas heater with the cannisters in it. They cost me about 80p each and last a day of my use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back