EGR recall (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Was that just the pipe @Mickey1? Doesn't seem long enough for the heat exchanger too.

OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Was that just the pipe @Mickey1? Doesn't seem long enough for the heat exchanger too.
I’m not sure, when I had it checked in December they said it was ok to drive, then they sent email about a second recall involving a clip, so I’m guessing it was just egr pipe and clip.

Mickey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

adamsale

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Low profile coach built
Exp
since 2006
Learning of other Motorhomers experience I seem to have been very fortunate indeed.

Received EGR recall notice just before Christmas but due to various circumstances one of them that we were not going to use the MH until March didn't book it in with Adams Morey Southampton for the 1 hour assessment until 1st February.

Following inspection they confirmed that I had the defect and said they would order in the parts but it would be about 2 weeks before they could book it in for the repair. In the intervening period the 2nd recall concerning the clip arose so I contacted Adams Morey and they said they had received stock of both the necessary parts and could do the work on 15th February.

I took the vehicle in at 0800 hrs on the 15th and received a text from them at midday saying "vehicle ready for collection". Talking to Adams Morey service team on collection of the vehicle they mentioned that Fiat would only pay them for these recalls now if both jobs were done together.

I especially realised how lucky I had been when a fellow motorhomer that I was chatting to at service reception mentioned that he had his MH inspected in December and had to wait until that day to get the fix done. He was understandably frustrated and annoyed as he had to cancel his planned over wintering vacation in Spain due to the problem.

For me Adams Morey were excellent in the execution of their duties but main body Fiat have yet again caused so many of our fraternity unacceptable inconvenience extra costs anxiety and stress.

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
When I phoned about a month ago AM at Bournemouth , Portsmouth and Southampton was the best option at two weeks and Bournemouth quoted months due to demand for recalls . This was just to get the clip done .

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Yippee, phone call this morning from Trafford Van Centre. The correct EGR pipe is now in and Lottie's being done on 22nd March, just a week before we go away. Could have had it done on 19th, but that would have meant taking time off work to deliver and collect. I feel as though a big black cloud has lifted - well apart from the fact that I'm suffering a sore throat and cough seemingly due to oral surgery I had last Friday. Anyway, Somerset and Cornwall are on for Easter :dance2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 4, 2018
Reading
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Hi all,

As a newbie here, thanks for a great forum. I found out about the recall through here. I went into HTC at Theale(Reading) last Monday. They identified that Ours only needed the 6172 Intercooler clip.

I took it in at 08:10 this morning. Back out at 08:50 done. I found HTC (Paul on service reception) to be very helpful. Reading other experiences, I think I’ve ‘dodged one’.

Kind regards to all

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back