EGR recall woes (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
My week hasn't been good for one reason or another and this morning just tops it off nicely! Motorhome is booked in at Trafford Park to have the recall job done, been waiting 6 weeks to get this done. Up at 7.00 to get to motorhome storage for 8.00 and get to garage for 9.00. Only one problem, get to storage and the electricity is off so they can't open the gates. Should be back on for 9.00 so we wait there. 9.00 comes and goes, still nothing. Decided to come home, get a call on the way to say it's a bigger problem than they thought and they've brought a generator in. Should be on by 10.00. Totally pee'd off. Thankfully Trafford Van Centre were very understanding and said get there when we can.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Isn't it typical? All the arrangements are in place and the gremlins strike

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Out of interest @Diggerdi, when did you take your MH to Trafford for the initial check? Mine went in on 19 Jan and I've heard nothing from them about a repair date yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My week hasn't been good for one reason or another and this morning just tops it off nicely! Motorhome is booked in at Trafford Park to have the recall job done, been waiting 6 weeks to get this done. Up at 7.00 to get to motorhome storage for 8.00 and get to garage for 9.00. Only one problem, get to storage and the electricity is off so they can't open the gates. Should be back on for 9.00 so we wait there. 9.00 comes and goes, still nothing. Decided to come home, get a call on the way to say it's a bigger problem than they thought and they've brought a generator in. Should be on by 10.00. Totally pee'd off. Thankfully Trafford Van Centre were very understanding and said get there when we can.
I'd be asking questions as they are all meant to be able to be able to be manually opened in the event of power failure.

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
@magicsurfbus , we initiallyy took it in on 27 December and they said 5 weeks. I rang up on the Thursday just before the 5 weeks was up and they said the pipes were coming in on Monday/Tuesday last week so they booked us in then for today. Just left it there but it won't now be done today. We asked about the chances of having to have the heat exchanger replaced and he said out of 12 they've had in, 7 had to have that done as well. I also asked about the new recall for this week but they haven't got the parts yet and it isn't a serious one so van can still be driven.

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
I'd be asking questions as they are all meant to be able to be able to be manually opened in the event of power failure.
I did ask the question, apparently not. My husband used to be an alarm engineer for ADT and he said domestic ones automatically open on the event of power failure.

OP
OP
Diggerdi
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Well, we've just taken Lottie back to storage and the bad news is we DO need the heat exchanger replacing :(. Dave at Trafford Van Centre showed us the photos they had taken and it looks like a gaping hole as opposed to a crack:eek:. The photos have gone off by email to Fiat in Italy along with the part order. We have been able to bring her away as they have now discovered they can check whether the heat exchanger is cracked without having to take off the EGR pipe and dropping the subframe. He's advised us not to go too far in her. Don't think we would have gone to the Lakes last weekend had we known. Now waiting on Fiat, no-one knows how long it will be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back