EE PAYG sim - special offer 100gb per month for 2 months (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not sure if this has been mentioned already but just in case thought I'd post it.

EE have a PAYG sim offer at the moment, all you need to do is:
  • Order their new Christmas phone sim (free) - you must order it by 29 December 2015
  • When it arrives put the SIM in a phone (any phone or table that is able to make phone calls)
  • This bit is important and you MUST do this before you do anything else to ensure that no 'pack' is allocated/started automatically (eg the £10 1GB/50 mins/50 texts add-on) otherwise any money that you top up with will automatically be used before you get the free data allowance, so:
Using the phone/tablet with the sim in, text STOP PACK to 150
you'll get a text which confirms your request asking if you want to continue
text YES back (this is the ONLY thing that 'STOP PACK' does, the free data isn't affected).​
  • Now within 14 days of receiving it, you must buy a top-up of at least £10, this can be done in a shop using the E Top-Up card supplied with the sim or by ringing 150 - whilst you can try to do it on the website its not working at the moment and won't accept cards!

• Ideally now register on the EE website and put in your sim details so that you can see that the auto-top up has definitely been deactivated - it not it will show on the right next to the 'top up' bit.
  • When you want the free 100gb for 2 months to start text CHRISTMAS100 to 150 (AFAIK there is no time limit on when you have to do this but some say with 5 days of doing the initial top-up)
That's it, you should now have 100GB free each month for two months and your £10 top-up credit to spend on anything you want (texts, calls, data etc) - this credit doesn't expire so long as you make a call or text at least once within each 6 month period.

From what I can tell the sim DOES allow tethering and can also be used in a MIFI (after you've done the above texting with it in a phone for ease).

Some more info on here about it, you'll have to wade through all the posts!

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-200gb-again-10-topup-required-ee-2312026?page=12#comments

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is that for the UK only?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
AFAIK yes.
Thank you, from what I remember they are not the cheapest provider for Europe, but for those not using landlines in the UK it could be useful.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I thought this might prove useful for anyone going away over Christmas/New Year in the UK to use for data to save having to buy a PAYG data sim - 200gb over 2 months is a heck of a lot of data! We'll be using it when we go to our static where we don't have any other way of getting on line.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Be aware that each 100GB of data will run out within 30 days of activation, and while there's no contract obligation to stay with EE with the PAYG SIM, you should also note that the £10 Data Pack payment will recur unless you opt out. Additionally, the small print for this offer notes that "by signing up for the SIM you agree to being sent marketing communications from us."
Taken from:
http://www.neowin.net/news/ee-is-of...-a-month-for-two-months-with-its-new-payg-sim

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Be aware that each 100GB of data will run out within 30 days of activation, and while there's no contract obligation to stay with EE with the PAYG SIM, you should also note that the £10 Data Pack payment will recur unless you opt out. Additionally, the small print for this offer notes that "by signing up for the SIM you agree to being sent marketing communications from us."
Taken from:

http://www.neowin.net/news/ee-is-of...-a-month-for-two-months-with-its-new-payg-sim
It won't if you follow my instructions above ... that's why I said you MUST do the texting before anything else to prevent the 'pack' being activated in the first place.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
@Broken Link Removed I'm not knocking your post, I'm pointing out the pit falls. Many MH'ers on here will get one as to much to do and what person will use 100gb in a month on a phone as they will not allow tethering from phone so cannot use it on other devices.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Broken Link Removed I'm not knocking your post, I'm pointing out the pit falls. Many MH'ers on here will get one as to much to do and what person will use 100gb in a month on a phone as they will not allow tethering from phone so cannot use it on other devices.
From what I've been reading it appears that tethering IS allowed for this sim and others are using it in a MIFI without a problem.

The link you gave is for the May 2015 sim, the below tells you about tethering with the Christmas sim:

http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Announ...IM-is-here-100GB-of-data-for-free/td-p/357799

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
From what I've been reading it appears that tethering IS allowed for this sim and others are using it in a MIFI without a problem.
OK if I'm wrong I'm sorry.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Hi are now on our 3rd 200gb we have used the ee sim through the summer in our wifi both connecting our tablets and phones no problem , we haven't had any further payments taken until we have topped up our £10 each time and in the main had a connection good enough to watch tv on tablets, great deal cannot be used abroad though, hope this info helps £10 for 2 months 100gb per month
Sue

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Well, a big thanks to @MinxyGirl. Got one, followed her constructions and all working well. Two iPads connected and it is working well in a MiFi, plus I have connected the Sky box to it wirelessly and now we have catch up and all that stuff. We are away, again, again, and so the two months will cover this trip and our Christmas/New year rambles away, again, again, again. (y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish

You MAY.
(And I’m not to sure on this particular sim deal)

I have just had to do this on the ASDA Christmas deal of 12gb for a £5

If like me you were not on the EE network already, then when you pop in the new sim, you will probably get an automated text with data settings to enable you to use, and get data on your phone or tablet.

But if you have a Chinese type phone (mines a Cubot x11) you will not get the automated text and have to set it up manually, as I did on both the Phone and my CUBE phablet

SO (and I copied this from the ASDA site but running on the T-Mobile/EE network)

This is the settings I used successfully, and what I am now using to tether my laptop, and I must say with a better signal than the 3 data payg

(Don’t know if it works abroad)

Go into phone settings and choose:

>Mobile networks

>Access Point Names

>Select option New APN (Bottom left of Phone)

>Name (you can call this anything you want)

>APN everywhere

>APN Type default

>Proxy not set

>Port not set

>Username eesecure

>Password secure

>Server not set

>MMSC not set

>MMS proxy not set

>MCC 234

>Authentication Type PAP

>APN roaming protocol IPv4

>APN enabled/disabled tick box enable

>Bearer unspecified

Works fine for me and maybe helpful to you .(y)

Jun 7, 2014
Cleethorpes
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Thanks for the heads up on this offer, received the sim today and it is working a treat on 4g.
Mike :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back