Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you are a life member you get a bit longer to edit ... I'm not sure whether it's because we've paid more or if Jim thinks we're 'special' and need the extra thinking time! :giggle:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
It's £20.00 a year to join and I have found it worth every penny life member you benefit if you live long if your 98 with heart and kidney problems maybe yearly is a better option .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I think the yearly subscribers pay more, not the lifers..................on a annual basis.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Do you know the page showing the differences between standard and premium features?

You can learn more about subs here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/support/knowledge-base/subscribing-to-motorhomefun/

If ever you are stuck with how something works on the forum. Navigate to the bottom right of any page and you’ll see a menu item marked Help/Support. Click on that and you’ll see a list of help topics and you can browse those. Or even better just start typing a keyword into the big search box. By the time you have typed the fourth letter, your answer will be presented.

In this case, search for the term SUBS and by the time you’ve typed the second ‘S' your solution will appear.

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
Old ish thread, but relevant.
I can't edit atm, is that because I'm a new member? If so, why doesn't it say in the FAQ or 'How to use the forum'? :p

PS I do proof read my posts, but similar to Lenny, despite that I often miss things!
Welcome Mark,

As you've reached 5 posts you'll also find that you cannot respond any longer.

You'll need to join and pay a subscription to continue to post, along with other benefits that members have provided links to. If you have an interest in Motorhomes/Campers then the subs are well worth it ...

Cheers
Red

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
mrskevenh used the internet to find help with a shower draining issue and the answer via Google was a MHF thread 😳
She hasn’t subscribed 👀😀

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I agree about checking posts throughly before hitting post and I try to do so.

However, yesterday, I posted a perfectly composed and sensible post on completely the wrong Forum.

Now that did lead to confusion.

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Trouble is what I think sometimes doesn't get transferred to my fingers correctly (touch typist)! 😄

One thing I have to watch our for is 'not' and 'now' as it can give the complete opposite of what I'm trying to say if I get it wrong! :doh:
I get that completely. I am a touch typist too. I once had a male bookkeeper colleague sitting next to me while I was typing, and he said "slow down Gina you type too fast you will get yourself in trouble one day" boy was he right about that:X3:

Gina.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
And to proof read your post before pressing the "Post" button :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
Trouble is that sometimes you 'read' what you think it says rather than what it says! :oops: :giggle:

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I think it would be a blessing if posters were to actually read their post before posting to check for content,, spelling etc. I realise many use a phone with predictive text but some posts are almost unintelligible at times. :giggle: If read before posting many of these problems could be rectified.
I do realise some are not too good with words but ......... :eek: :eek:
I am one of those whose fingers work faster than i can spell so I often get it wrong ie "eth" instead of "the" and so often have to correct my typing. i was watching "Ambulance" on BBC last night to see all those dispatchers typing at lightening speed but I use one finger on each hand so not much use if I were a dispatcher. People would be dead by the time i had finished typing! But I have often typed something to miss out the "not" or included "not" when I should not have done so have to use the edit. If I have exceeded the allowed edit time then I use the copy and past function to edit the pasted text. Just spent a few more seconds updating my"i" to "I"

Jun 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30+ years
glenn2926 sometimes it is a funsters pulling someone else chain (people have been banned for this); other times it is introducing a topic that is known to divide members (a bit like marmite) And then sit back and enjoy the “fun”
Waste water disposal, own toilet/shower or site facilities are just two.
Interestingly there are 30 pages of posts mentioning popcorn on the forum but in many the context is different.
A bit like "Today I bought a small, yappy, hand bag dog, a bicycle, some lycra and a case of Marmite"? 😉

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back