Jul 2, 2013
Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Bailey 74-4
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,
My wife & I are taking two of our grandsons, ages 11 &12, up to Scotland for a trip at the end of July. Just found out that we could stop off in Edinburgh on the way back South & catch the Tattoo on 8th of August. However the Caravan Club site is fully booked, as is the nearest CL. There is a rather expensive camp site on the Southern outskirts but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other possibilities. We only really need the one night & somewhere with nearby public transport. Just somewhere to stop over for the one night, we don't need any facilities, just somewhere safe.
All suggestions gratefully received.:)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Plenty free parking down at Leith links. Just catch a bus up to town or take a taxi or else about a 20 min walk.

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Camping& Caravanning Club are running a Temporary Holiday Site at Dalkeith Country Park from31st July to 23rd August. Bus stop at gate for trips to Edinburgh. They are organising a trip to the Tattoo on 14th August - ran a bus last year too.
Wouldn't rely on getting safe parking in the capital during the festival.
Pat

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Camping & caravaning club temp holiday site at Dalkeith has been doing this site for a few years now. Sometimes they can organise tickets for the tattoo if you are quick enough.details are in the magazine & on the website.
Hope this is of some use. Regards, charlie.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Some good answers so far.
Could you not just park it on The Esplanade and get the pipers to march round it?
You knew it had to end sometime!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
If you don't get something sorted give me a pm our drive could be vacant. There are a few park and rides in the area but I don't know about overnight parking.

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
There is also drum mhor caravan site at Musselburgh. Although it is at the eastern end of the bypass you can get the Edinburgh busses from the bottom road behind the site directly into Edinburgh. Just another option !!
Regards, charlie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
[QUOTE"Kelsae2, post: 1412499, member: 18854"]There is also drum mhor caravan site at Musselburgh. Although it is at the eastern end of the bypass you can get the Edinburgh busses from the bottom road behind the site directly into Edinburgh. Just another option !!
Regards, charlie.[/QUOTE]

There's also Wallyford park and ride quite near the Drummhor park, train into centre of Edinburgh in 10 - 15 minutes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back