Rally Edinburgh Drum Estate 4 - 9 June 2020 (1 Viewer)

Ashley F

Funster
Jul 26, 2016
Redcar
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
2 years
I believe given the age of many of us and the underlying health problems of many of us then my thinking is we should at least delay until late summer/autumn or indeed cancel totally. Although it would be very sad to have to cancel all the meets and not get to see everyone this year I'd prefer to do that than risk any of us.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Fortunately we all have at least 4 wheel self isolation units which can be prestocked and are virtually self sufficient. The comraderie of Rallies,which we really value, may have to be delayed which is a real pity but I believe we should be willing to sacrifice that for the long term better good of us all

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Recalling last year's splendid Rally to Edinburgh, if my memory serves me correctly few participants looked to be younger than 70 and a few mentioned they were perhaps not in the best of health. From what has been intimated this morning on the TV, I think it safe to assume that the Government will be making an announcement shortly that all folk over 70 should be self-isolating for a period of at least 4 months.

Mrs M and I were both looking forward to this event, but I think the only realistic option is to cancel now. If there is sufficient enthusiasm, however, I would be content if you retained the deposits of those still wishing to participate and see if it may be possible to re-organise for September in the hope that things have much improved by then.:(:unsure:?

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thank you for all who have replied publicly and in private.

I have made the decision to CANCEL the rally and will be refunding deposits over the next few days. I have let the owner of the rally field know :( and hope he will be understanding that the wellbeing of Funsters is paramount. We are at our son's at present so please bear with me as the internet is slow and mobile reception intermittent. I hope to get all paypal refunds done before next Saturday and hopefully long before that.

If you paid by direct bank transfer I will need your details (address please by private message as I can't do a bank transfer without my card reader - and like a klutz I left it behind).

As things stand (and sorry Millcourt ) I don't want to re-arrange anything as yet because of my home situation.

I am sorry we have to cancel but the correct decision I think and I am grateful to IanF and Ashley F for their help.

Docsmobile

Free Member
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Ford chausson
Exp
Since 2017
Appreciate all that goes into organising these events, so thank you and agree probably best in these uncertain times to cancel. Suspect there will be many more similar cancellations
Looking forward to meeting up another time ?

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
This is my master list of money received and refunded. Please MaidinDevon , Brendan can you check your refunds have gone through and in full before I continue? I don't want anyone to be out of pocket.

1) Puddleduck - chief suspect
2) IanF and Ashley F - Marshals

3) MaidinDevon - refunded
4) FatNav - refunded

24) Grimsbygranny - fully paid
25) Chris+Tracy
27) Yorkshirefreckles

Deposits received from:

5) Hyacinth 1
6) Brendan - refunded
7) DP+JAY
8) beerdrinker1
9) Elleeanne
10) Millcourt
11) Al-Di
12) des1001
13) daved2524
14) patricia the newbie
15) Pugsy
16) Scotslad
17) George Graham
18) ek & lol
19) SUGGY
20) Docsmobile
21) tick59
22) Stagman - details received to make refund
23) Lucky one
26) Rosemary1

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
It is sad that we have had to cancel but I would much rather be safe than responsible for anyone becoming ill.

We are both well but rather anxious as I am in the "at risk" group. Until the maternal Grandparents return from South Africa we are looking after our severely autistic Grandson but we really want to be on our way home. I am worried about my elderly parents and wonder how we can keep them safe.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Helen,
Hope you and Martin are not to stressed with it all at the moment.
Keep my deposit and buy some glutten free beer and have a chill drink on me.
Cheers Cris.?.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Hi Helen,
Hope you and Martin are not to stressed with it all at the moment.
Keep my deposit and buy some glutten free beer and have a chill drink on me.
Cheers Cris.?.

Thanks Cris, I will donate to Scottish Charity Air Ambulance :)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Things moved fast yesterday ........ one of my son's co-workers has tested positive and is now very poorly. Martin and I were advised to quarantine for 7 days, then isolate for a minimum of 12 weeks as we are both in a very high risk group. We made the decision to drive home (stopping only to rest and staying in the van) and got home an hour or so ago.

We feel bad at letting down our son regarding childcare but we need to look after ourselves. Also we are better at home and in total comfort than cramped in the van in an unknown area.

Tomorrow I will do as many refunds as I can, it will keep me busy in between unpacking the van and doing laundry.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Helen, hope you and Martin are ok - stay safe. Please donate our deposit to whatever worthy cause you choose. Hope to see you both when all this is over.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Please do not feel you have to donate your deposits :) If you wish to donate then I am happy to pass the money across but otherwise I will refund and you can donate elsewhere should you so wish.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Unless you have a message from me later today, or have said to donate the deposit to charity, you should have your refund by close of play today.

I'll be happy to get it all sorted as we have just had it confirmed we need to be in quarantine for 14 days starting last Thursday as a close contact now has fever and cough. We were hoping just to be in isolation as from tomorrow night.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Helen

Many thanks. Just had PayPal notification of refund.
Really sorry to hear about your own issues with Covid-19. Hope all works out well. Stay Safe.

Brian & Margaret.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
It's the Grandson who has fever and cough. Might be nothing (he had ear ache two weeks ago) or might be more serious.

We can hunker down for a couple of weeks no issues ......... plenty to do. I am just glad we did not call in on my parents yesterday which was a temptation.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Unless you have a message from me later today, or have said to donate the deposit to charity, you should have your refund by close of play today.

I'll be happy to get it all sorted as we have just had it confirmed we need to be in quarantine for 14 days starting last Thursday as a close contact now has fever and cough. We were hoping just to be in isolation as from tomorrow night.

Received- thank you very much

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance
A huge thank you, Helen!
We can't thank you enough for your donation of £60.00 made on 21st March, 2020! It will go a long way to help the everyday running of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA), helping to save and improve lives in Scotland.
Name: Helen xxxxxx

Personal details deleted :)

Amount: £60.00
Payment Type: single
Gift Aid: No
Subscribe to newsletter: No
Reason for donation: We had to cancel our MotorhomeFun Rally due to Coronavirus. Any surplus from the rally was to go to you. Some people asked that their deposit was donated to you.
Thanks again,
Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back