Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Wish I could edit the original post :)

The correct postcode is EH22 1RR

I do not have prices yet.

Basically it is a field with fresh water and black water disposal, no loos or showers.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Is it far from the center? How would you get into town?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 26, 2007
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since the early 90s
There is a bus stop in Old Dalkeith Road, near to the entrance (and the Co-op). When we were there last year there were two buses that went into the City - too far to walk.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Using the P&R at Sheriffhall would be the best unless you want to sit on a bus.
TBH Sandra, if travelling into the city on a daily basis, I'd really rather not move the MH daily, to and from the P & R. :(

There is a bus stop in Old Dalkeith Road, near to the entrance (and the Co-op). When we were there last year there were two buses that went into the City - too far to walk.
Thanks @dwite. Is that two buses a day, or two services running on a regular basis please?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jul 26, 2007
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since the early 90s
@JockandRita Both were a regular bus service, can't remember the timings but we didn't wait too long at the bus stop.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Please include us Helen - many thanks David and Jay

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
TBH Sandra, if travelling into the city on a daily basis, I'd really rather not move the MH daily, to and from the P & R. :(
Your legs will be fine to get to the P&R(y)

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 21.42.35.png

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@JockandRita Both were a regular bus service, can't remember the timings but we didn't wait too long at the bus stop.
Many thanks @dwite. (y)

@Puddleduck. Could you add us to the list too please Helen? Thanks. :)

Your legs will be fine to get to the P&R(y)
:hot: Phew.:hot: But that's not the impression we got from your previous post Sandra. :eek: Panic over now............thanks. ;)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Many thanks @dwite. (y)

@Puddleduck. Could you add us to the list too please Helen? Thanks. :)

:hot: Phew.:hot: But that's not the impression we got from your previous post Sandra. :eek: Panic over now............thanks. ;)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)
No idea why. :unsure: Anyway bus no 33 and 49 both go into town if you prefer the bus. £4 for a dayrider ticket.

The Real Mary Kings Close tour is worth doing while in Edinburgh.(y)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Two bus services on a regular basis :) At least 4 an hour and maybe more from the field gate.

I am not keeping names as yet - I will post more when I get a price and then take names as I get deposits, probably Late January or early February next year.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We were at a C&CC, THS on the Drum estate in June, if it is the same field there is a very regular bus service from just ootside the gate, think it was £1.50 each way or if you wanted to go elsewhere then the day ticket £4, we did the tourist bit in the day, then went back in for a little refreshment and some live music in the evening, the last bus back was after 10, the bus passes a large shopping area on the way so on the Day ticket it is possible to hop on and off
Cheers
Ed

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Why arent you keeping names????
You have created a new event and we have all said that we want to attend.
The cost and deposit is irrelevant.
Is this going to be one of those events that get booked up by the early morning brigade when it is re-listed and we dont get a look in??
Please bear our interest in mind when you decide how you want to run the rally.
Maybe create a personal list then pm us for confirmation before going viral. Xx

I have a hand written list and will private message people when I have prices. I just didn't think it fair to start a list and not be able to give a price and when I do take names and deposits (after a pm to people on my hand written list) it will be announced here and not on the morning list.

I wanted to put the event in the diary asap so people could mark it in their own diaries in plenty of time and keep an eye on the thread.

The last two rallies I have organised I had lots of names and reserve lists and then when it came to pay up time people dropped out and I was left with unfilled places - this time I have decided that no one goes on any public list until they pay their deposit........ it's hard work organising these things and people who say they are coming and then drop out mean other people don't even put their names down as they think there will be no chance of getting a place.

Two years ago I had over 40 people sign up and when it came to the event only 19 vans turned up. This year I took deposits and then the balance up front which worked out a lot better - but there were only 17 vans at the Kelso event.

EDIT: If you think you will be away when I do ask for deposits you are more than welcome to message me in advance and I can give you payment details :) but not just yet please!

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I have a hand written list and will private message people when I have prices. I just didn't think it fair to start a list and not be able to give a price and when I do take names and deposits (after a pm to people on my hand written list) it will be announced here and not on the morning list.

I wanted to put the event in the diary asap so people could mark it in their own diaries in plenty of time and keep an eye on the thread.

The last two rallies I have organised I had lots of names and reserve lists and then when it came to pay up time people dropped out and I was left with unfilled places - this time I have decided that no one goes on any public list until they pay their deposit........ it's hard work organising these things and people who say they are coming and then drop out mean other people don't even put their names down as they think there will be no chance of getting a place.

Two years ago I had over 40 people sign up and when it came to the event only 19 vans turned up. This year I took deposits and then the balance up front which worked out a lot better - but there were only 17 vans at the Kelso event.

EDIT: If you think you will be away when I do ask for deposits you are more than welcome to message me in advance and I can give you payment details :) but not just yet please!

I fully endorse the comments of @Puddleduck.
It's damned hard work trying to appease those who want to attend rallies and keep abreast of those "Sorry's" and "Can't Come" when you are trying to arrange a rally. I'm fully in agreement with him when he says he wants the Deposit BEFORE they get on 'The List.' Lang may yer lum reek, Puddleduck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back