LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Well that is me home as well, after a long talk with "The Laird" and later with his wonderful estate staff.

There are three bits of good news (well I think good news) and no bad news.

The Laird took nearly £200 off the agreed rental for the field because so many people left early and because the field was left spotless plus the drive had also been cleaned. Thank you to every single person who helped with that - you are all absolute stars.

He has also asked that we come back next year and will hold the cost (no guarantee of a discount next year though)!

I have transferred the money I spent for rental of the field and the waste disposal from the paypal account as I have already paid that over of course. I have some cash to add to the balance and there are some very minor expenses to come out but I will have a decent sum of money to sent to The Scottish Charity Air Ambulance. I will put a full accounting up probably tomorrow plus the receipts when I get them.

Many thanks to all who came and especially the marshals who made things so easy for Martin and I. You may not have felt you did much but you really did and we could not have done nearly as well without you.

This was not a fund raising meet so I think we have all done really really well.

All I did was book the field and the waste disposal people, if no one had come we wouldn't have had a meet so thank you one and all.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I have to place my words of admiration for Helen's welcome/Information pack, the best I have come across by far, so full of very good advice and guidence, she should pursue a new career writing travel guide programmes, Thanks Helen,

Ken.

:drink: :drink::drink::drink:

The funny thing is Ken, I have found more places to see and do since I pulled together the info pack (a real rush job done between the Lochore meet and leaving for Edinburgh) just from walking around. I also found that a lot of places are shut on Mondays so more research needed there.

Living so close to Edinburgh I go on a regular basis but every time I visit I find another hidden gem. It sometimes pays to be a tourist in your own home territory. Mind I'm not shy about walking down interesting side streets and Wynds - if there isn't a gate then it is fair game :) On Monday I found a tiny little garden, open to the public not far from the back gate of the Parliament Building, all set out in miniature parterres. A pity it was raining.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
irnbru absolutely fabulous video, we just love it :)

Also thanks for the music we suggested, the first tune is "Edinburgh Mix" a Scottish Country Dance tune, the last is by a group local to us, Scocha, "Rolling Hills O' the Borders".

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
The video is here.

If it says unavailable ...Best idea is to right click the share at the top right of video and copy then paste the URL into a fresh page, that works for sure.

Great Video Sandra. Looks like you all had a great time.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Puddleduck, Helen & Martin. :)

As with others, we would also like to express our thanks and gratitude to you both, for a sterling effort in organising the Meet. It is location, location, location. :)
Nice one. (y)

irnbru. Great video Sandra. (y)

Thanks again,

Jock & Rita, ( now at scenic Lochwinnoch). :)

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
irnbru absolutely fabulous video, we just love it :)

Also thanks for the music we suggested, the first tune is "Edinburgh Mix" a Scottish Country Dance tune, the last is by a group local to us, Scocha, "Rolling Hills O' the Borders".
Happy to put your choices on. Makes my hobby easier, and agree with others the videos are a great advert of "What goes on at fun rallies" That thread is sadly locked so I can't add the scottish videos there.

PS: I have to add that without you lot being willing to be captured on video there would be none, although technically speaking you are fair game in a public place :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So thank you, you are all superstars.

Last edited:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Thankyou Helen and Martin Puddleduck for organising a fabulous meet, it's a brilliant location and offers something for everyone.
Sandra irnbru wonderful video you have again captured what rallies are all about.
We had a great time thanks to everyone there.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all just getting ready to kip down for the night,so just a quick one.
Thanks to Helen and Martin for arranging the meet and everyone for making it what it was.
I have had a busy couple of weeks and this was a very welcome break.
Great Chinese meal, don't know if we'll find similar again but here's hoping.
Look forward to doing it all again.

Cheers Cris:cheers:.

Ashley F

Funster
Jul 26, 2016
Redcar
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
2 years
Helen and Martin, thank you both for arranging such a peaceful relaxing weekend, very much appreciated ??

To everyone we didn't get to say goodbye to that morning, hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend and we look forward to seeing many of you again at Pickering.

To those new faces, it's been lovely to meet you, lots of laughs and we hope to meet you again soon ?

Sandra, thank you for all the time and work it takes to produce these videos, wonderful memories for all of us ?

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Puddleduck, Helen & Martin. :)

As with others, we would also like to express our thanks and gratitude to you both, for a sterling effort in organising the Meet. It is location, location, location. :)
Nice one. (y)

irnbru. Great video Sandra. (y)

Thanks again,

Jock & Rita, ( now at scenic Lochwinnoch). :)
Hi Jock,

Good to see you and Rita again, whereabouts have you found to park up in ( scenic ) Lochwinnoch ?, I used to live not far from there,

Ken.

:drink:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi all just getting ready to kip down for the night,so just a quick one.
Thanks to Helen and Martin for arranging the meet and everyone for making it what it was.
I have had a busy couple of weeks and this was a very welcome break.
Great Chinese meal, don't know if we'll find similar again but here's hoping.
Look forward to doing it all again.

Cheers Cris:cheers:.

Hi Chris,

Good to meet you at the meet, it really was a great long weekend, re your comments about the Chinese banquet, I totally agree, and for your pleasure there is a branch not too far for you to travel, Renfrew, but just off the M 8, exit J27 you can only turn left but go to the first roundabout and go back on yourself towards Renfrew to the next roundabout, take the exit going back towards the Motorway and its just there on the left hand side,

Enjoy,

Ken.

:drink::drink::drink::drink:

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Many thanks Helen and Martin Puddleduck for organising this event. Great location, with easy bus access to Edinburgh. Splendid guide notes on what to see in Edinburgh, which you produced.

Sorry we did not get to meet more folk and join in the social activities, but we were away from the site for most of the time visiting family........ our two sons live and work in Edinburgh and it was a great opportunity to spend some time with our 2 year old Grandson.

Good to hear that costs for the event were covered and that a modest surplus was realised and donated to the Scottish Ambulance Service.

Enjoyed watching the video. It showed what we missed with the family commitments we had. (Note to self: next Rally booked not to be near home of family/friends!)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
A lovely few days with funsters.
Every meet is different and this one was very relaxing great location for getting around by public transport. A convenience store Chinese restaurant and a pub all within walking distance....perfect!! Thank you so much to Helen and Martin and the marshalls....and thanks to Sandra for all the videos of Scotland they are amazing. I LOVE Scotland and will definitely be back!!

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Statement of Account for the Rally

INCOME (rounded up to nearest pound)
Camping Fees - Paypal1070
Balance of Camping Fee paid in cash30
Bacon Roll Sales22
TOTAL INCOME1122
EXPENSES (rounded down to nearest pound)
Paid to Drum Estate702
Paid to Viridor (Waste Management)168
Paid for buns and bacon12
Paper and Ink costs10
Donation to Scottish Charity Air Ambulance230

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance
A huge thank you, Helen!
We can't thank you enough for your donation of £230.00 made on 26th June, 2019! It will go a long way to help the everyday running of Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA), helping to save and improve lives in Scotland.
Name: Helen Pearson
Email address: xxxxxxxxx

Amount: £230.00
Payment Type: single
Gift Aid: No
Subscribe to newsletter: No
Reason for donation: Surplus of receipts over expenditure at the MotorHomeFun Rally in Edinburgh
Thanks again,
Scotland's Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Jock,

Good to see you and Rita again, whereabouts have you found to park up in ( scenic ) Lochwinnoch ?, I used to live not far from there,

Ken.

I’m guessing the loch , besides the water sport centre. It’s a well known wilding spot.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I would like to say thanks for all the hard work all organisers did it was great. Ref our conversation about trying to arrange the rallies in Scotland to run consecutively so we from the south can attend them all. I am planning my next visit from the 1 May and a number of us are planning to travel. We would love to fit in some if not all the Scotland rallies on the trip. Oban, Inverness and Skye are in the plans at the moment.

Thanks for everything.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back