Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
Drove past the Edgehill Motorhome site in Mansfield Woodhouse today and it is completely empty and all locked up. Anyone know what's happened ? Bought our Motorhome from them and we were very impressed with the service and support from Lee. Seemed a really good guy!
Oak Tree now seem to be selling same sort of vehicles....left hand drive hymers etc.

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Oh I do hope not, we too bought our motorhome from Edgehill. We called in to see them back in March and Paul was back running things for a while. Lee's wife was very poorly with cancer. I hope things are ok.

I know sometimes the forecourt is empty when they take all the vans to a local show. Lets hope this is the case.

Murphy

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Shire Conversion
Exp
I live only about a mile away and the site is now up for let and cleared out of all vans and equipment, not sure if closed for good or just relocated !

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have just asked a friend. Apparently they closed at the end of August for personal reasons. Such a shame.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
On another thread someone said they sold alot of there stock to oaktree motorhomes

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We'd noticed a month or so back that they'd sold most of their stock to Oaktree. We had actually called in after a hospital visit and looked at one van in particular. A few weeks later same vehicle was for sale at Oaktree for £7000 more. Reckon he's retired.

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
They have closed for family reasons. The last time we spoke to Lee his partner was making a good recovery although a long road!! Cancer has a way of making you take stock. I think Paul said they will be importing Motorhomes to order as that is their area of expertise but closing the business allows them more family time.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Guess so. It would have been brilliant if he'd said to me we are closing down if you give me what we paid of it then its yours. LOL

Thing is my wife was quite impressed with van, which is half the battle.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
you can always say to oaktree you saw the same van cheaper at the above dealer

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
MrsBB

MrsBB

Free Member
Jun 14, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer a class
Exp
10 years after many years tugging
They have closed for family reasons. The last time we spoke to Lee his partner was making a good recovery although a long road!! Cancer has a way of making you take stock. I think Paul said they will be importing Motorhomes to order as that is their area of expertise but closing the business allows them more family time.

Glad she's making a good recovery . It's true having loads of money isn't everything. Health is far more valuable in the grand scheme of things . We wish them well and hope they enjoy their family time .

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Spoke to Paul earlier in the year and he said he was considering retiring as things were not all well in the family. What a brilliant firm. Really genuine people, a pleasure to buy from. I hope that retirement brings them all they wish for.

Sad to see just a nice company leave the motorhome scene.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We visited them when we were looking for our first motor home

What a lovely bunch of people.

I hope all will be well with the family and wish them all the best for the future. (y)

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Sad to see just a nice company leave the motorhome scene.

I'll second that.

Bought a Hymer HB614SL Star Edition from them 18 months ago. Six months after purchase it had a problem with the turbo (3 litre 180bhp). Only way to replace it was to remove the engine ('cause it's an A class). Fiat would cover the turbo but wouldn't cover the extra cost involved in removing the engine. Edgehill did without any argument. That's the sort of back-up you want when you buy a motorhome.

Fiat said they weren't responsible for the bodywork that was fitted, compromising access to the engine. I disagree... they supplied a chassis cowl to Hymer, built for the purpose and knowing what type of bodywork would be fitted.

If Edgehill have closed for good, I for one am sad to see them go. Paul, Lee and family, if you're reading this, all the very best for the future.

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back