EDEN PROJECT (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Recomends campsites please.must have toilet showers. Medic reasons plus bus service. Thanks .8mete moterhome.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I think the gardens of heligan has a campsite, not know how it fits in the bus route though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ColinandDawn

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Home Brew
Exp
Yes
Hello @Marvic

Can I suggest The Camping and Caravanning Club site at Veryan?

All the facilities and a bus stop 0.25 miles from the gate they say.

As an aside - and an odd suggestion on a motorhome forum...

Did you know you can stay overnight at the Eden Project?

Details on their website.

Regards,

OP
OP
Marvic
Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
We stayed at Doubletrees farm http://doubletreesfarm.co.uk/ you can walk to Eden project from there takes about half an hour, and if you walk tell themat the project, you get a discount(y) OOps just noticed you need bus service :doh:
Thanks .would walk there .i asked re bus to explore rounb area

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Deffo Doubletrees! We're just on our way back to UK from Spain and will be at Doubletrees on Thursday evening and staying for 5 weeks! Our favourite site - great facilities, great owners - very friendly. We've been 2 or 3 times a year for the last 9 years. Buses from outside the Four Lords pub down on the main rd. We use them all the time when we're there. Buses to St Austell, Newquay, Mevagissey and Fowey. When are you planning on being there? May see you!

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Doubletrees is a terraced site and has a lovely view over St Austell bay.
Very popular all year so suggest you book ahead.

OP
OP
Marvic
Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Deffo Doubletrees! We're just on our way back to UK from Spain and will be at Doubletrees on Thursday evening and staying for 5 weeks! Our favourite site - great facilities, great owners - very friendly. We've been 2 or 3 times a year for the last 9 years. Buses from outside the Four Lords pub down on the main rd. We use them all the time when we're there. Buses to St Austell, Newquay, Mevagissey and Fowey. 8th enjoyWare you planning on being there? May see you!
yournfro
Thanks for Info. Thinking 21.may

Mar 27, 2016
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 408
Exp
Since 2016
Just returned from doubletrees about 25 min walk to Eden. There we're large units on this site. We also stayed at veryan I would say not that close to Eden but we loved it there. Both have good toilet shower blocks

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
All this talk of Eden park I looked it up on the net. £55 for 2 to walk round a green house for the day, gob smacked.

Mar 27, 2016
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 408
Exp
Since 2016
It cost us £47 for 2 of us as we cycled there, the same if you walk also less advertised if you talk to those at desk and do admission as a donation they give you what is essentially an annual pass. Need to give personal details but we may now return in the autumn. It's an interest place

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Plenty of parking for vans at the Eden Project, even at 8m.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I couldn't understand the £50 for 2, However IF you are a Mobility user the carer goes free.

When we went, I was the only one of 3 Walking!. BTW, some of the more remote bits are NOT accessible, but most is. I thought it was well worth it?.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Apart from a "works outing", the only time I've been was while it was still under construction, when they were charging £5 for an annual pass - even then it was really interesting! - watching how they were stabilising the quarry walls & building the biomes.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Apart from a "works outing", the only time I've been was while it was still under construction, when they were charging £5 for an annual pass - even then it was really interesting! - watching how they were stabilising the quarry walls & building the biomes.
I find everybody else working more interesting then working myself. Haha

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Just a quickie - as the saying goes (y)

Is the Eden Project a reasonable venue on a rainy day? I am presuming that most of the things to see (especially at this time of year) are IN the Biodomes?

The choices being there, Lost Gardens or sit in the MH watching the rain :cry:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Just a quickie - as the saying goes (y)

Is the Eden Project a reasonable venue on a rainy day? I am presuming that most of the things to see (especially at this time of year) are IN the Biodomes?

The choices being there, Lost Gardens or sit in the MH watching the rain :cry:
Eden. All under cover (once you get from the car to the Biomes). Cafe. Shop. Walk around in gardens from the tropics, or the med, or the desert, or wherever.
Heligan. Outdoor apart from shop and cafe.
MH. Under cover. TV. Free tea & coffee all day.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
All this talk of Eden park I looked it up on the net. £55 for 2 to walk round a green house for the day, gob smacked.

Been there 3 times with visitors from overseas, Each time I've let them get on with it and stayed in the car, either listening to the CD/tape or reading a book, £55 is something like $NZ 120-130.

When I take them to Cape Cornwall or Kynance Cove, the Lizard, Pendennis Point,
It's "Hey man! wow!" and it's free!

They pay an exhorbinate price to see the trees they have in their back yard, in an English green house! It's a tourist trap!
Lands End IS a tourist trap! Wanna see Lands End? go to St Just and walk around the S W Coastal path! IT'S FREE!
Fowey? there is NOTHING there! Wanna see a Port with history? Go to Falmouth, follow signs into town, turn left at the traffic lights, left up the hill just past ARGOS, M/H friendly Car Park innet!
Walk down the hill turn left and follow your nose to the harbour!

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Been there 3 times with visitors from overseas, Each time I've let them get on with it and stayed in the car, either listening to the CD/tape or reading a book, £55 is something like $NZ 120-130.

When I take them to Cape Cornwall or Kynance Cove, the Lizard, Pendennis Point,
It's "Hey man! wow!" and it's free!

They pay an exhorbinate price to see the trees they have in their back yard, in an English green house! It's a tourist trap!
Lands End IS a tourist trap! Wanna see Lands End? go to St Just and walk around the S W Coastal path! IT'S FREE!
Fowey? there is NOTHING there! Wanna see a Port with history? Go to Falmouth, follow signs into town, turn left at the traffic lights, left up the hill just past ARGOS, M/H friendly Car Park innet!
Walk down the hill turn left and follow your nose to the harbour!
Totally agree eden project rip off

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back