Rally Eden Camp - 7th - 9th April (1 Viewer)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The Home Guard are still here at Eden Camp - we are in a lock down, but managed to escape through the fence with the car and had a ride up to Pickering for a rooby murray. :rofl:

Great weekend Mick & Sheila and Andy & Shirl. It was the 'mucky fat' that gave us the strength to break out.

Thanks one and all once again, glad we didn't go to Brid as its turned a bit nippy here, so its bound to be perishing there. :cold:

PS Might go to Patly Bridge tomorrow but then we may have to stay here on 'jankers'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Brilliant weekend, loved Eden camp what an interesting place! Thanks to Shelia and all the organisers and the friendly members who made us so welcome. Couldn't beat the beautiful weather either☀️ X

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thanks to our Hosts Sheila and crew for a very warm welcome as usual,
Mick for his expert guidance through the Ack Ack gun fire to our pitch
the remaining team members for their hard work all weekend and
Last but not least the Funsters without whom it would have been just a trip to a War Museum
A Museum well worth a visit though
Thanks to Bob the Diesel Spotter aka Air Raid Warden on fire watch for alerting me to a diesel leak
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the dreaded filter, the bloody fuel tank's front seam gave up the ghost after sitting happily all day
Due diligence by the nearby Funsters resulted in all the help needed, (when they'd stopped laughing that is).
Some brought sand to throw at me, others tissues for my tears, even a bucket to catch the leaking fuel
with offers of 50p a Ltr if i wasn't putting it back.
A quick fix driving up a set of Milenco Quatro's stemmed the flow and dashed the hopes of those after the fuel
total loss estimated at 2 to 3 ltrs so no major loss, arrived back 95 miles with half a tank and no leaks at the mo!!!
All in all a great weekend
Thanks again one and all
Geo & Pammy

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
My thanks also to Sheila and all, I have to now blame @Blossom and @Ambilkate for having just booked for the Chester rally also ☺
PS thanks also for arranging the sunshine (y)
Hi Norman happy to hear you have booked Chester don't forget to put ya name down on the Chester thread and quiz :)

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Geo & Pammy,

Glad you got home safe without any further loss of fuel (so no recovery needed :rofl:), it was lovely to see you both out and about again be it in the Autotrail or RV makes no different to funsters. See you at Misterton will you be partaking of the Hog Roast & the obligatory Mucky Fat :cheers: :wine:xx

Last edited:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
What a fabulous weekend and such an interesting place. We needed more time to look around but will definitely be going back.
Lovey to meet new funsters.
Thanks to Sheila, Mick,Shirley and Andy for all their hard work. We really enjoyed it.
Lisa & Terry x

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi Lisa, sorry about the veggie option not being there, but Mick put them in the oven then forgot about them till halfway through the evening, luckily our oven is electric and on a timer so they didn't burn. xx

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
A big thank you to Shelia, Mick and the helpers for this fantastic meet. Also to Simon for entertaining us on Friday. To all the Funsters old and new, you all make the events great. Will see some of you guys at Chester. Take care all and safe travels. As Vera would sing. I know we'll meet again some sunny day. :)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We are sat here overlooking the sea at Bridlington bit if a sea breeze this morning we had a lovely weekend thanks to Sheila &Mick and team . Thanks Simon for the fantastic entertainment on the Friday night and to the other Funster who also played and sang sorry I don't know your name . X loved the venue will look forward to visiting there again

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Thanks to Sheila, Mick, Andy, Shirl and all the other helpers that made this a great weekend. Great to meet up with old (as in previously met!!) friends and meeting new ones. See you at Misterton....can't wait!!
Here's a link to a few photo's Broken Link Removed

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks to Sheila, Mick, Andy, Shirl and all the other helpers that made this a great weekend. Great to meet up with old (as in previously met!!) friends and meeting new ones. See you at Misterton....can't wait!!
Here's a link to a few photo's Broken Link Removed

Thanks for great atmospheric photos. X

truffs

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 24, 2012
Durham (Lanchester)
Funster No
MH
CV20
Exp
since 2006
Well finally home with thanks to Sheila, Mick, Andy, Shirl for putting on a great weekend, and others who assisted to get the van started on Sunday spent the night in Pickering no problems with the battery this morning strange, the mother (Lovain) has been picked up from my house now and heading home to hers and can't wait for the next meet.

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Many thanks to Sheila, Mick and all the helpers for organising a very enjoyable meet at Eden Camp. It was my first proper rally and if this is what it's all about then I'm very much looking forward to many more. A big thank for your hospitality, I had a lovely time. Muriel (Lisa's mum).

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We avoided the chilly wind and the chavs :LOL: on the east cost and settled for a few days in Harrowgate. We've just spent a pleasant few hours here :-

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
What a brilliant weekend at Edan camp,(y)(y)(y)(y) brilliant weather,:sun: and excellent company :clap2::clap2:.Many Many Many thanks to Shiela, Mick and there helpers for all the hard work , time and effort they put in to make it such a fantastic rally, especially the wonderful 1940's food they supplied which was very good, and not forgetting Simon's entertainment on Friday. Give yourselves a Big pat on the back,you deserve it , a great time was had by all :dance2:Hope everyone had a safe journey home and looking forward to seeing you all at future rallies.
A BIG :dance:again
From Mew and Mick

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
What a brilliant weekend at Edan camp,(y)(y)(y)(y) brilliant weather,:sun: and excellent company :clap2::clap2:.Many Many Many thanks to Shiela, Mick and there helpers for all the hard work , time and effort they put in to make it such a fantastic rally, especially the wonderful 1940's food they supplied which was very good, and not forgetting Simon's entertainment on Friday. Give yourselves a Big pat on the back,you deserve it , a great time was had by all :dance2:Hope everyone had a safe journey home and looking forward to seeing you all at future rallies.
A BIG :dance:again
From Mew and Mick

I bet they didn't have swans though Mew ;)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks to all for organising a great rally. Val's still trying to find out how many "syns" mucky fat is on the Slimming World website but it keeps crashing :LOL:

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Brilliant time. Many thanks to all. Lovely to meet such a great bunch of Funsters. See you all at the next meet (hopefully falkirk. 11th reserve!). Xxxx

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Those of you who attended this lovely rally will be aware that me and Mary held a Book Sale, the proceeds of which were for the charity Prostate Cancer UK.

I have now received a letter from them thanking us (YOU) for the donation.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I didn't just send off a cheque. I used the money to blag from them Two Prostate Cancer UK T Shirts that I intend to raffle at an up and coming Rally.(as well as another Book Sale)

You see it's true. Money makes money.
Give yourselves a clap on the back.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Attachments

• Prostate Letter Eden.jpg
    Prostate Letter Eden.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 9

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries