Economical Aires in southern Spain (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Over the last few years, for those of us lucky enough to travel to Spain, have been able to find low cost commercial Aires. I first saw them around Pensacola and Calpe. Sometimes called "Stop and Go" they cost around £10 a night which sometimes included swimming pools and free WiFi and unlike real Aires, you could put out your table etc.
I am at present in Andalusia where several have popped up recently. The one I am at present staying on has toilets, showers, washing up facilities, washing machine and all the usual motorhome servicing points. It is Dutch owned and spotless, overlooking the sea and catching a breeze which is much needed. Called MiluCar and on the edge of Torox Costa (N36 43 57. W3 56 34). Opened this year in March. This one cost £13 a night.
IMG_4138.JPG
The
We are heading for another in the morning

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Surely they are camp sites and not aires?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
As far as I know, they are open all year round.
As for being campsites, well yes and no. You can use them as on a campsite by putting out chars etc but are still fairly limited in space, a sort of half-way house. From my point of view I enjoy getting up to date with washing and sorting out my van without paying the extortionate prices of Mediterranean campsites. Then go back to Aires and free parking.
IMG_4137.JPG

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Sorry. My point was that those with swimming pools etc must be camp sites? To be fair it doesnt really matter what theyre called, a bloody good stopover is a bloody good stopover whatever the name on the gate says !

Dec 21, 2016
Pyrenees France
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact Access
Exp
Since 2017
Very interesting. Seems a nice idea. As they say half way from an Aire to Campsite, and the prices Summer and winter seem good. Will keep this on on file for this winters trip in Spain.
Will be interesting if you can find them on Camper Contact or other search sites.

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Very interesting. Seems a nice idea. As they say half way from an Aire to Campsite, and the prices Summer and winter seem good. Will keep this on on file for this winters trip in Spain.
Will be interesting if you can find them on Camper Contact or other search sites.

Its on Search4sites

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
There are about 10 sites in Andalusia at the moment, which seem to be advertised locally together. All at the same price. I have now visited a few of them, At present I am in "Tropic' Autocaravanas" in Castell de Ferro with the sea about 20metres away. Room here for more than 50 vans. Free WiFi

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We stayed at the ones at Agua Amarga (Campercontact No. 68754), and Isla Cristina (No. 69876), this winter. Both were very good, but not much cheaper than an acsi site, once all supplements were paid. We'd definitely use them both again.
Both are very clean with spacious pitches.
The one at Agua Amarga is German-run and within a very easy walk of the beach and village.
The one at Isla Cristina is in a good location, overlooking the salt marshes, and is great for cycling along the via verde. It is a bit family orientated, though - accepts caravans as well as motor homes - and there were several Spanish families in caravans during the weekend when we were there. That was fine in the winter, but might not be so peaceful in the summer months and at holiday times.:unsure: Those who have spent Easter on a Spanish campsite will know what I mean. :D

roaming roger

Free Member
Jun 23, 2019
cornwall
Funster No
MH
elddis majestic 115
Exp
18 years
having owned an apartment for over 30 years in calpe and wintered there during that l can tell you most positively there are NO aires in calpe all campsites are privately owned and VERY tightly packed in the winter( mid sept to end of march ) lots of moho owners park on the side of the roads and moved on by the police after a few days

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

periana

Free Member
Jul 25, 2019
Periana spain
Funster No
MH
2004 eura mobil
Exp
two days!
we have a house 35 km from torrox know the site been going about a year or so nice there are a few along the other side of torre del mar thjat are good value as well

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back