ecomix (1 Viewer)

E

Ecomix Ltd

Deleted User
Hi everyone ,i'm dave
Good to be allow in here
don,t have a mobile home but may be able to help out with different things and idea's

Last edited by a moderator:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Dave

Welcome to the FunForum

Running my diesel engines on a mix with lpg is something I'm very intererested in :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave, welcome:thumb:
:Eeek::thumb: dare I ask how much to convert a Iveco 2.8 td ? what mpg to expect (currently 27 mpg) how many years to get my cash back at say 6 / 7000 m p yr? already got a lpg v8 disco running entirly on gas and yours is a mix? read your web site
terry

OP
OP
E

Ecomix Ltd

Deleted User
Diesel To Lpg Convertions

I don't need to read the website i wrote it ,
The idea was to introduce readers to the idea ,and anyone that has a diesel engine should know that a diesel engine can not be put on lpg alone unless you replace half the engine & fuel pump

Anyway to the question in hand £1500 - £1850 + vat
Around about 24-28mpg
As with everything to do with fuel saving you drive like a plank it woodn't work for you

OP
OP
E

Ecomix Ltd

Deleted User

correction sorry mis read your mpg 35-38mpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave,help me here a bit as I am trying to get my head around this/
D is 1.06 per ltr and lpg .49=1.55 per 2 ltr mixed ?
1.55= 2 ltr / gas plus D
say for math sake 4 ltr D /Gas = 1 gallon=2.12 d +.98 G = 3.10 per gallon asuming half / half mix? then I get 10 mpg better mpg ? (burning more efficent/more power ) ????
any side risks to engine ? burnt valves etc,
terry

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Dave
Checked out your website very interesting.
Shame it does'nt work for me would'nt get my money back on my annual mileage or length of time I intend to keep my vehicles.
Looks good for high mileage fleet owners though.

OP
OP
E

Ecomix Ltd

Deleted User

Terry,
example for you

mondeo 1.8TD DIESEL ONLY 35MPG APPROX
DIESEL MPG WITH LPG INTRODUCED 56MPG
LPG USED 16% ITS COST SAVING WOULD BE 30.2%
YOU ARE NOT PUTTING LPG INSTEAD OF DIESEL YOU ARE MAKING THE DIESEL BURN CLEANER SO YOU USE LESS DIESEL AND ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF LPG

121MILES =40 LTRS WHEN ON DIESEL ONLY 35.91MPG
121MILES= 25LTRS WHEN ON LPG 56.41 PLUS THE LPG OF 6LTRS

40LTRS @1.06PLTR=£42.40
25LTRS @£1.06 PLTR = £26.50 +LPG @£0.49 PLTR £2.94
£26.50 + £2.94 == £29.44

sAVING £12.96 PER 121MILES

tHIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE :thumb:

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

Are the calculations correct 121 miles 40 litres seems a bit high ??,

I have probably misunderstood your web site but it did appear to suggest the maximum gain would only be 25%?? as normal combustion had already achieved 75%, please explain as it sounds like a very interesting concept,

Thanks

Terry,
example for you

mondeo 1.8TD DIESEL ONLY 35MPG APPROX
DIESEL MPG WITH LPG INTRODUCED 56MPG
LPG USED 16% ITS COST SAVING WOULD BE 30.2%
YOU ARE NOT PUTTING LPG INSTEAD OF DIESEL YOU ARE MAKING THE DIESEL BURN CLEANER SO YOU USE LESS DIESEL AND ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF LPG

121MILES =40 LTRS WHEN ON DIESEL ONLY 35.91MPG
121MILES= 25LTRS WHEN ON LPG 56.41 PLUS THE LPG OF 6LTRS

40LTRS @1.06PLTR=£42.40
25LTRS @£1.06 PLTR = £26.50 +LPG @£0.49 PLTR £2.94
£26.50 + £2.94 == £29.44

sAVING £12.96 PER 121MILES

tHIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Oh dear metric again, mixed up with imperial, bring back the good old BRITISH way of life!!

Think he means 4 gallons @ 35mpg = 120 miles.

(My diesel Mondeos do 50mpg on a run)

Interesting concept but it would appear to be only for vehicles doing in excess of 50,000 miles annualy unfortunately.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave,so theres o mix up ?
£4.85 per gal x 10 +48.50 + 1.5 gal,gas =£3.30-gas=== 51.80
10 x 27 mpg = 270 + 20 = 290 mpg x 10 galls (48.5 + 3.3 cost of gas =20 miles worth of D) this works out then for every ten gals of D that I would be getting 29 mpg instead of my 27 mpg meaning I get 290 miles from ten gals if you are with me on this?
how much extra mpg should I GET FROM THE CONVERSION ?
HOW MUCH FROM A rv DOING ABOUT 10 MPG ?
Sorry about caps but just looked at my typing :ROFLMAO: & not redoing it :ROFLMAO:
terry
BTW it may help with cost of converting if you can tap off the system to run cooker etc, as lots of m/h ers pay £500/600 to have refillable clyinders ???? which could be used to offset the high cost of converting bringing the price to a more resonable cost and makeing this more economic?
you saw this here from me so you can pay me a ideas fee on each one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Eeek:
terry

OP
OP
E

Ecomix Ltd

Deleted User
sorry my brain stops working after 11pm
it is based on 300mile 35mpg = 40ltrs diesel only
25ltr diesel when on lpg with 6ltrs lpg used

sorry didn't mean to mislead you
this was only calculated on a 1998 mondeo with 210k on the clock
it is only an indication as to what can be achevied

I also have a picasso 2.0hdi that will do 74mpg on a motorway it saves me 2.5k a year based on 40k miles

if you used 50ltrs (11 gal)to cover 300miles which = 27.27 mpg £53.00
on diesel only
used 35ltrs (7.7gal diesel + 0.77gal (3.5)ltrslpg which is 10% of diesel used at 7.7gal as near as
it would have cost you 37.10 in diesel & 3.5ltrs lpgs £1.72 total fuel used £38.82

Saving you £14.18 on that trip of 300 miles

It would be the over all cost of the trip you would save 25% plus

We do offer a full money if we don't acheive a minimum of 25%

it works with many happy customers over the last four years we have invested over 2million into making it work

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave now that's simple for me to understand 25% better f/economy guaranteed or money back?:ROFLMAO:I would think that you will have a long waiting list of truckers for this.RV,ers may also be looking into this, especialy if you can tee off to a regulater then onto cooker and fridge etc,killing 2 birds with 1 stone / duel use so to speak,V/ Interesting:thumb:
terry

OP
OP
E

Ecomix Ltd

Deleted User

Thanks Terry,
Never really looked into putting tee piece in for cooker & heating it would be possible but with some jiging about with the system as it has a pressure sensor near the tank
We would have to use a vapor tank and take it from a tee with a solenoid valve just after the tee to stop lpg going down the line to the engine when you did not what it
and a manual valve the other side for the cooker ect
You would also alway know how much lpg you have left as the switch on the dashboard in the system would tell you
You would never run short whilst cooking or heating

OP
OP
E

Ecomix Ltd

Deleted User

Terry
Its very hard to convince people to do it as it is something new and people are stuck in their ways
But hopefully this site will change that

Thanks again

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave,keep plugging away :thumb: it is the cost that is putting people off, but hopefully you will get a couple of RVers that do a lot of miles then post findings on here and if you can tee off then this will be a lot more of a bargain to boot as lots go for gas lo refiables more for continental touring/filling etc.Why not post to see if any rvers are going on a long tour and supply (at cost)the engine system with tee-ing if poss ? (it only takes one to bite and post findings)You only have to tee off to a gas regulater then tap into the pipework from there,how difficult can that be ? 2 systems for the price of one ? ANY TAKERS ? if Dave is prepaired to do it ?
Sorry could not resist asking:ROFLMAO: you never know?
any way back to 1 of my original question,s any dammage to heads etc ? as running on gas seams to burn valve stems etc, on some older engines:Eeek:
terry

OP
OP
E

Ecomix Ltd

Deleted User

Terry
Because you only burn a small amount of lpg their is no chance of burnt valves
The system it'self has many in built safety features that monitor the engine at all times ( water temp, oil pressure ,gas pressure

We have never blown an engine in four years of trading and do not intend to either
The only time you can damage the head is if too much lpg is introduced like some other systems do by just pouring it in
Ours uses small injected amounts monitored by the ecu

We also have the engine breakdown insurance as extra cover and piece of mind:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back