Ecocamel shower head? (2 Viewers)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Very good on a high pressure shower like in your house I think a waste of time in a motorhome theres not enough flow to suck in and mix the air (we have one at home and another in the m/h)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: M-J
Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
They must be good as Swift fit the "Orbit" shower heads in their "premier" range MH's:)(y)
The cheaper models just offer a bucket & sponge:D
Les

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I hve just fitted a ionic stones pressurised shower head £7.90 ebay together with a chromed brass ceramic on, off thumb lever about £2 from China. Works brilliantly but heavy so best not to leave it on the bracket when travelling I just leave it on the floor of the shower

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
As long as you buy the right one they are a vast improvement on what is fitted in modt motorhomes. You need the low pressure version designed for continuous electric showers. It uses less water whilst giving a more powerful jet.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we dont like eco things in general, so tried a non eco camel. Noisy smelly beast and played havoc with the payload. it didnt fit in the shower either, so we put it in the skip at the recycle centre

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
proper eco:D

shower.png

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We have the original model in our motorhome and it works really well. Very happy and a great improvement on the standard fitment (Hymer).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Didn't do it for me... now have a trigger shower head.
Hi Langtoftlad, we have a trigger shower head. What worries me is that the tap is pumping all the time. Does it switch off at the trigger in the same way as the pressure system works on the tap? Hope this makes sense.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
We bought one for the van and one for the house, used both once then consigned them to the dark recesses of the garage. In the van we wet, lather, rinse. At home we like the bouncing pressure of a power shower.

Ecocamel's need to build equal air/water pressure, this takes time in a MoHo on a pumped pressure system so you don't save much water anyway plus if you have switched taps onboard there's no difference.

If they were as good as the sales people peddle them to be every hotel would use them and new build houses would have them as they must fit air mixers on standard taps.

Upvote 0

TatTate

Free Member
Nov 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I hve just fitted a ionic stones pressurised shower head £7.90 ebay together with a chromed brass ceramic on, off thumb lever about £2 from China. Works brilliantly but heavy so best not to leave it on the bracket when travelling I just leave it on the floor of the shower
Yes, I also think such shower heads are better than Ecocamel, especially in low water pressure areas. Ecocamel doesn't seem to be able to provide enough traffic, and it can be a bit noisy. The seoul stone I am using is quiet in the shower, increases water pressure and saves more water.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yes, I also think such shower heads are better than Ecocamel, especially in low water pressure areas. Ecocamel doesn't seem to be able to provide enough traffic, and it can be a bit noisy. The seoul stone I am using is quiet in the shower, increases water pressure and saves more water.
Is this a sales pitch I wonder. Quite odd for a 1st post and to pull the thread up from 10 month ago. :rofl:

We have the eco camel including stones and its not noisy one bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi Langtoftlad, we have a trigger shower head. What worries me is that the tap is pumping all the time. Does it switch off at the trigger in the same way as the pressure system works on the tap? Hope this makes sense.
A pressure system will switch off, a microswitch system will not.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back