Eco Tree lithium battery part 2. (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Finally found the time to get my (prize) battery installed as need it for real use next week.
Firstly why aren't batteries made with dimensions that fit into the space where they need to be fitted?
After spending a while trying to extract the fitted agm through the hole at the front of the seat base but just milimeter to big - decided the only way was to take the seat off for access.
Plastic side panels off - 5x star set screws - 2x 13mm nuts and a 21mm swivel stop bolt later and its free to move.
You may have read before/elsewhere on here how heavy these seats are but it came as a real shock when I came to pick it up - ended up just moving across - if you ever do this watch out for the seat belt wiring under there.
You can see from the photo below I had just removed the agm battery that was lying on it side under there and the new lithium just dropped in to replace it.

IMG_20210519_111259.jpg

Bolt the seat back in, set the votronic 350 duo and electroblok to the correct charging profile, reconnect pos and neg leads and then switch the solar panels back on.
Clouds and some sun this afternoon so 3.5 to 13.6 amps going into the new battery.
Hopefully jobs a good'un!
Part 3 coming soon when I can see how it performs in a real world situation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back