LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Im off grid tonight, and its zero deg c. Curtains and blinds closed and any slight cold draughts sealed up. Bed is ready and kettle is on

Got me to thinking, what the best fan speed to use. The truma is set on 20,atm and I started with the fan on high (gas) lowered the fan as temp crept up, but as im going to bed soon, I usually drop it to about 12-14 when in bed and leave the fan on ECO.
What do other funsters do when its chilly
Leave the temp somewhat lower and fan on eco like me or fan on high ? does it make better use of the heat on a higher fan setting, or is the air being pushed not as hot , due to the fan being on high. Noise wise I can still hardly hear the fan on high.

I do like these frosty starry nights though :)

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Over the weekend on the Yorkshire moors it got to below freezing. Overnight we set it to 18 with fan on eco, set to gas. Got a bit hot actually, so dropped it to 16. Nice and toasty though.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wimps!!! :LOL:

We never ever have the heating on overnight, not even at home, just get yourselves a hot water bottle and a hoodie as it keeps your bonce warm and snuggle into your quilt ... if you have a dog you can forget the hot water bottle and cuddle the mutt instead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
::bigsmile: The 32kg, ten year old labradoodle would need a ramp to get on the bed. That's if he'd stop shaking long enough to get in the MH. Doesn't like confined spaces!!

Still like burning our own little hole in the ozone layer, due to being nesh and not having strong 'Yarkshire Tea' flowing through our veins.:smiley:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't need much heating on during the day at home as I have this little monster cuddling up next to me most of the time ... explains why some of my posts are a bit weird at times as I can't type properly plus she often bashes the mouse or the keyboard.

IMG_20220110_153327.jpg
IMG_20220110_153702.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back