Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I've not read all the way through this.
But. On the news and other program's I've seen . It's all down to washing, keeping clean.
So they say. That's why it's rife over there.
If it came over here , we wash , shower, bath, clean and disinfect our houses.
They don't in the villages out in Africa. That's why it's rife. That's why it's spreading.
I don't, that's why am scared

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Confirmed by the hospital - protocol was not followed when disposing of the protective equipment. It may not be spread easily but tell that to the expected 10000 expected next month in Africa.

The issue here is that the countries concerned have little wealth and therefore come well down the list of western countries when it comes to aid. Also, drug companies have never invested in a vaccine as there's no money in that either.
No, but they have enough wealth to buy guns and vodka, as well as whisky, in large quantities.....:(

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
My previous post quotes the very latest evidence based guidelines issued to GP's this week. It is updated regularly.

The disease can only be spread in the way outlined in my previous post. In the areas in which the disease is rife, easy access to clean water and soap is something that can not even be imagined. In the last stages of the disease there is a large amount of body fluid external to the victims body (I can't think of how else to put it). The victim is not likely to be cared for in a medical facility. There may be many members of the family and community helping to care for the them. Following death there are, as in all communities, death rituals. The combination of these factors results in a spread of infection. Many people will have been repeatedly and directly exposed to the body fluids of the infected person.

Oh, off topic, but to help to put the numbers into context. The official published figures show that there was an estimated 31,000 ( yes, thats thirty one thousand) EXTRA deaths in the UK between January and March 2013, yes, ten thousand a month, linked to the fact that the average monthly temperature was only 2.6 centigrade. Now, in my opinion, thats something we should all be concerned about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
My previous post quotes the very latest evidence based guidelines issued to GP's this week. It is updated regularly.

The disease can only be spread in the way outlined in my previous post. In the areas in which the disease is rife, easy access to clean water and soap is something that can not even be imagined. In the last stages of the disease there is a large amount of body fluid external to the victims body (I can't think of how else to put it). The victim is not likely to be cared for in a medical facility. There may be many members of the family and community helping to care for the them. Following death there are, as in all communities, death rituals. The combination of these factors results in a spread of infection. Many people will have been repeatedly and directly exposed to the body fluids of the infected person.

Oh, off topic, but to help to put the numbers into context. The official published figures show that there was an estimated 31,000 ( yes, thats thirty one thousand) EXTRA deaths in the UK between January and March 2013, yes, ten thousand a month, linked to the fact that the average monthly temperature was only 2.6 centigrade. Now, in my opinion, thats something we should all be concerned about.
What gets me a bit about Ebola is that (at this time), there's no known cure. So why risk life and limb attempting to treat the untreatable?? Doesn't seem to make sense.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
The biggest threat from Ebola is panic, fear and social breakdown.

Stop scaremonger yourselves and others and invest some time in educating yourself with facts and information.

If you spent more time researching this properly and less time on here voicing ill informed vaguely paranoid theories you wouldn't be as scared.

Sorry to be so blunt

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Stop scaremonger yourselves and others and invest some time in educating yourself with facts and information.

If you spent more time researching this properly and less time on here voicing ill informed vaguely paranoid theories you wouldn't be as scared.

Sorry to be so blunt
I concur. (y)(y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

Sorry to be so blunt

You can be as blunt as you like for me (y)

But, you are only reading what someone else has written, possibly under control of a higher person or possibly leaning a certain way to suit a purpose.

Similar to the "climate change" information supplied by a certain university or come to it Al Gore who does nicely off that particular subject.

Just a thought :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If this does get out of control in the UK it will be SHTF time ..

it only needs one person working in say the national grid, or an air traffic control room to be infected and his mates will not be going back to that control room.. social breakdown would soon follow..

but what has happened to all the drugs they were experimenting with ? .. stockpiled for 'government only' use I bet

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can be as blunt as you like for me (y)

But, you are only reading what someone else has written, possibly under control of a higher person or possibly leaning a certain way to suit a purpose.

Similar to the "climate change" information supplied by a certain university or come to it Al Gore who does nicely off that particular subject.

Just a thought :)

Conspiracy theories now. This Thread has it all!

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
What gets me a bit about Ebola is that (at this time), there's no known cure. So why risk life and limb attempting to treat the untreatable?? Doesn't seem to make sense.

The current mortality rate (according to the World Health Organisation) is seventy percent. Seven out of ten people who develop Ebola die.
There are conditions affecting many people in the UK which have a similar mortality rate, particularly in the under three and over seventy five years age groups. Should treatment and medical support be withdrawn to ensure a 100% death rate in these people? It would certainly help to control the population and the pensions and housing crisis may be averted, a huge amount of NHS money would be saved too.
What figure would be 'reasonable', only treat if there is a 50% chance of survival?
Maybe thats a debate for another thread.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Eleven thousand deaths each year in the US from shootings. One death in the US from Ebola. Strange how the media reacts to different situations.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now

What about if some IS or some other middle east Muslim, kamikaze, radical believer, or USA or UK revenge war mongers deliberately dumps it in our civilization:(

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Remember the guy who was the first to die of ebola in USA? He had been sent home from the hospital at first as they didn't ask where he had been. After being sick on the sidewalk he was taken back to the hospital by ambulance which was still in use for 48 hrs without being decomtaminated.

The guys wife / girlfriend was isolated in the flat where they had been living without the flat being decomtaminated.

So 2 questions;

Has any person who was carried in the ambulance after the guy who died was carried in it, caught ebola ?

Has the guys wife / girlfriend caught ebola ?

If the answer to the questions above is no and no, then I'm prepared to accept that it may not be a contagious as I first thought.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
What about if some IS or some other middle east Muslim, kamikaze, radical believer, or USA or UK revenge war mongers deliberately dumps it in our civilization:(
We die. However, like Hitler and poison gas, he didn't use it because he was scared of us using it back on him.........(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The current mortality rate (according to the World Health Organisation) is seventy percent. Seven out of ten people who develop Ebola die.
There are conditions affecting many people in the UK which have a similar mortality rate, particularly in the under three and over seventy five years age groups. Should treatment and medical support be withdrawn to ensure a 100% death rate in these people? It would certainly help to control the population and the pensions and housing crisis may be averted, a huge amount of NHS money would be saved too.
What figure would be 'reasonable', only treat if there is a 50% chance of survival?
Maybe thats a debate for another thread.
Yes, but most of the conditions you refer to in this country is treatable, but Ebola is not.

OP
OP
Gorse Hill

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp

Sorry to be so blunt
Mousy, just s couple of points, is it not just as irresponsible to bury your head in the sand and pretend it's not happening (just like call me dave) or should it not be discussed as on here
ALL our information/facts, mine and yours, comes from someone else probably the Internet and who's to say what is accurate or not
As with every discussion there is always two points of view, however mine is that the powers that be don't want us to know the whole truth in the west and for good reason as pointed out before the outcome is dire
What I will say and have said but yet to have an answer for is how in 2000 there was an outbreak in Uganda with 224 deaths and currently we have over 5000 (underestimated according to the WHO) what has changed with this virus in 14yrs, has it mutated and become much more dangerous than the so called experts think or am I being a scaremonger/paranoid in thinking this
The virus has now spread to 4 African countries and growing, why did this not happen in 2000 what has changed?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back