EBL 99 on Hymer reg. 2005 model C524 Classic (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer compas
Exp
since 2012
Hi all, My leisure battery is charging via the EBL 99 at 15.2 volts, should I be worried, there are no signs of overheating or buckling of the leisure battery. Do I have to change the EBL 99 unit, if so where can I get one at a reasonable price? Thanks guys. Brian

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Hi all, My leisure battery is charging via the EBL 99 at 15.2 volts, should I be worried, there are no signs of overheating or buckling of the leisure battery. Do I have to change the EBL 99 unit, if so where can I get one at a reasonable price? Thanks guys. Brian
I am no expert, but funnily enough my cab battery when on charge for 3 days went to the same figure, but was charging via a separate battery charger.
I then uncoupled it and let it rest for a couple of hours and it is stable at 12.8v.
Hiw long has your leisure battery been on charge, and could it be that it's fully charged?
What is its voltage when standing, ie not on charge?

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
How are you checking this, just wondering if it’s your meter reading high. The analogue meter on our hymer isn’t very accurate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Would it be cheaper and quicker to pull the charging fuse on the EBL and fit a new independent charger?
A decent charger is going to be about 150 quid & you would have to fit a CBE relay or Batterymaster for the starter battery. Also you need space to fit it, no double floor on that model EBL may be under the cab seat.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jan 2, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer compas
Exp
since 2012
Hi Guys, i measured the leisure battery with a trusted multimeter, taking all considerations as one member commented http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk I have contacted them and they have been very helpful they will repair if possible, if not they can offer a re-conditioned one or a compatible unit, all at a reasonable price, also sent me a pdf on how to disconnect and re-connect the EBL unit. Sending by Parcel force today. They think it has a fault in the regulation circuitry. Thanks again for all your input, it's great to know that there is always someone with more knowledge and ready to share it.:happy:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B
Jan 2, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer compas
Exp
since 2012
Hi again, just an update on my EBL 99 unit. I have purchased a new replacement for my EBL 99 as it was not repairable, he did offer a re-conditioned EBL 99 but I decided to buy new, my new unit is an EBL 119 Cost £380 plus £18 postage/packing from
http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk
Fitted it today, this has solved not just one problem that I had, but two problems. 1) leisure battery overcharging 15.64v on EHU. ( NOW 14.4v )
2) 3-way fridge not working on 12v when engine running. NOW ok
The replacement EBL 119 is the new replacement for EBL 99 connectors and everything else is the same.
Would just like to say that Martin has been fantastic, supplying pdf sheets on how to dismantle and commission the new unit, I would highly recommend Martin for many of your motorhome problems.
Thank you all for all your input, gratefully appreciated.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back