EBL 220 /LT150 (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We have the above set up in our Pilote,during our trip to Scotland the voltage readout decided to stick on 11.7 volts for both the habitation and vehicle batteries.
The batteries check out at anything between 12.6 and 14.1 depending on solar input or EHU. The % and amps reading both change depending on usage and conditions.
Udo said to check various fuses but as yet I have been unable to find them!
Any suggestions before I take them out and send them off to Schaudt

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi Richard. .. don't know the system but I'm thinking a total shut down /disconnect solar if necessary and reboot the whole system ...and see if that does anything.. other than the false voltage readings it sounds like it's functioning..
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rb62
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Have you tried resetting it by turning off the isolator switch on the EBL220.

Didn't think the 220 has one

Hi Richard. .. don't know the system but I'm thinking a total shut down /disconnect solar if necessary and reboot the whole system ...and see if that does anything.. other than the false voltage readings it sounds like it's functioning..
Andy

That was going to be my next try Andy,quite strange that everything else is working,just the voltage reading stuck on the same for both batteries.it's not really a problem just annoying that I had to keep checking the voltage in the evenings and stop Ros watching TV to make sure there was enough to run my cpap machine overnight :D

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Have you taken a voltage reading with the batteries disconnected from both solar and ehu?

OP
OP
rb62
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Have you taken a voltage reading with the batteries disconnected from both solar and ehu?

(y) but I think I'll take them and get a load test done when/if it ever stops raining!

Last edited:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
(y) but I think I'll take them and get a load test done when/if it ever stops raining!
Good idea, went for a period of weeks with last van where we were on hookup, no problems until we went off grid and discovered both batteries knackered, even if only ones gone itvwill drag the other down so best to replace both imho.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
and stop Ros watching TV
Lol... so you are prepared to risk your life ...

Are you able to check the voltage on the sender wires to the back of your panel to see if it's just a panel fault or for whatever reason that is the voltage in the signal...
You have obviously been able to confirm your battery voltages are OK just the reading appears false...
Hope you get it sorted without having to send bits away...
Andy

OP
OP
rb62
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Lol... so you are prepared to risk your life ...

Are you able to check the voltage on the sender wires to the back of your panel to see if it's just a panel fault or for whatever reason that is the voltage in the signal...
You have obviously been able to confirm your battery voltages are OK just the reading appears false...
Hope you get it sorted without having to send bits away...
Andy

That was the first thing Udo said check the fuses in the sender wires....
I would if I could find them! :swear2: French. When it stops raining I'll go and have a good rummage. Thats after I've cut the hedges and mown the lawn :D

They're there somewhere!

image.png

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I have the same set up on my pilote. Are you using the correct solar panel connections?

When I first had a solar panel fitted I could not make sense of the readings which appeared to be quite random. It turned turned out that it was the connection of the solar panel direct to the the batteries ( via a regulator of course ) that was causing it. The EBL 220 was getting confused by the solar charge. I replaced the regulator with the Schaudt lr1218 which connect direct to the EBL220 and it corrected things immediately.

Could be your problem is the same.

OP
OP
rb62
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Only a recent problem,8 year old van and everything was already on it when we bought it 18 months ago.I think it had something to do with the atrocious road surfaces in Scotland,need to go to the dentist to have my fillings checked :D

OP
OP
rb62
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
duplicate !

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
That was the first thing Udo said check the fuses in the sender wires....
I would if I could find them! :swear2: French. When it stops raining I'll go and have a good rummage. Thats after I've cut the hedges and mown the lawn :D

They're there somewhere!

View attachment 171259
Start with 10 and 11 ...
It's grim here as well.. vans on ramps round the back but the lane is like a river..
The plus for me is I've got no lawns or hedges to do here ...:D.

OP
OP
rb62
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Start with 10 and 11 ...
It's grim here as well.. vans on ramps round the back but the lane is like a river..
The plus for me is I've got no lawns or hedges to do here ...:D.

Yes I had worked that out,but 3 and 4 are the fuses :rofl:

OP
OP
rb62
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
You could try unscewing the panel then unplug it and plugging it back in, might reset it.

Already did that,used to work on the Sergent unit in the AT (y) looks like you can isolate everything by a process of button pushing,failing that everything will get disconnected.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back