Ebay items

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
10 watts is less than 1 amp at best so would only be a trickle charge. As for the wind generator it would need removing each time you move. A bigger solar panel would be much better.

Andy

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Get a suitcase 13 watt one for £49.

As for the turbine i think you have to be a serious wild camper to use it

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
MH
A Class
Exp
33 years
Wind turbines can be quite noisy too, especially if ther'e mounted on the van which then transmits the vibration. I spoke to a chap who had one, it generated all the watts he needed but kept him awake at night!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
MH
?
Exp
?
The wind turbine sounds good initially but is a bit on the heavy side.No good when ice forms on the blades though.....And the wind picks up.:Eeek:

Now....if there was a rain-powered solution... that may well be worth investigating.:RollEyes::Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Maplins have had cheaper options albiet slightly larger, I paid £50 for 15W panels. plus these have no diode fitted would not be happy with that.

Minimal back current, thus a blocking diode is not needed.
If the panel is permanently connected to a battery having a capacity of less than 60 Ah or a gel type battery ("maintenance free battery") we recommend the use of a charge regulator

Am currently thinking of building my own wind generator, (winter project) to power my 100w Ham Radio (I always wild camp)
The one listed requires a pair of 200amp/hr batteries, what will they cost??????

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Am currently thinking of building my own wind generator, (winter project) to power my 100w Ham Radio (I always wild camp)
The one listed requires a pair of 200amp/hr batteries, what will they cost??????
:Cool: Much cheaper and easier to fit 4 (or more) 110ah. :winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
have 2 120amp/hr and 2x 85amp/hr (seperate) they weigh a ton, only get 19mpg now, what will it be with a battery bank in a trailer,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
slickmouse

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
Didnt think about the noise or vibration, i could always rig up some sort of fromt mounting as the bed is at the back.
Or mount it at the back and have good vibrations in bed :Eeek:

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services