eBay Classified Ads - Help please (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I've sold loads of stuff on eBay, but want to use their classified ads to sell a friend's MH. (I've put it on MHF but now want it on eBay).

1. I don't want it placed on the auction pages
2. Where the hell is the Classifieds site? :mad:Is it under 'Motors'?

Can someone give me an idiot's guide please.

Taa
James

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I sold a trailer under classified adds as it is much cheaper and I believe that it only applies in the motor section.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I sold my last MH using eBay classified. Use link from John above. It is a good way to reach buyers.....HOWEVER Please be very careful with any replies you get via email or text message if you give phone number. I had emails which looked exactly like one that would come from EBay with all the logos and things saying something like " we have a buyer for your .... Click on link below and sign in". I did make mistake of clicking on the link and got an exact copy of the eBay login page. However, luckily I spotted that the URL was a .pl rather than .co.uk and I did not enter my sign in details. I also got some text messages saying " I want to buy....send me an email with your bank code and I will transfer money tonight and pick up next weekend". Sounds ok doesn't it? Do not fall for it. Genuine buyers telephoned me and had a chat about Motorhomes and what they had had in past etc, and obviously wanted to see it first and I could tell from the conversation that I could at least move forward with them in terms of meeting up for a viewing.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I've had a look at the help pages John. They are just confusing. I just need a step/step guide.

It would appear that I start the add in the 'Motors' section, rather than hunting for. 'Classified' heading????

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Using the above link from John, click on the embedded link on that page entitled
List a car, motorcycle or other vehicle
Sign in to eBay if it asks
Start entering the details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When filling in the listings form in "sell your item" you select what kind of ad you want which brings up the correct format. everything else in the ad is the same be it auction, buy it now or classifieds.
Auction and buy it now you pay fees, classified you pay a set fee for the time selected just like a newspaper ad.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back