coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
Back to homepage
s.gif
Listed in category:Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles > Campers, Caravans & Motorhomes > Campervans & Motorhomes
s.gif
ltCurve.gif

1998 Auto Trail CHEYANNE campervan motorhome

No accidents!!!Item number: 120159195518
rtCurve.gif
s.gif
s.gif
Note: This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only.
Email the seller to be placed on the pre-approved bidder/buyer list.Watch this item in My eBay

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
statusCheck_28x28.gif
This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
As a guest, you can:
bltGrey.gif
Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
bltGrey.gif
Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif

s.gif
s.gif
Starting bid:£520.00Reserve not met
s.gif
Your maximum bid:£Place Bid >(Enter £1,001.00 or more)
bin_15x54.gif
price: £4,600.00Buy It Now >End time:2 days 22hours (20 Jan, 2010 15:23:48 GMT)
Postage:Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details
Post to:United Kingdom, IrelandItem location:United KingdomHistory:1 bidsYou can also:
Bid with Bid Assistant

Get alerts via Text message or Instant Messaging
Email to a friend

Listing and payment details: HideShowStarting time:17 Jan, 2010 15:23:48 GMTStarting bid:£520.00Duration:3-day listing Payment methods:eBay Europe Escrow, Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods acceptedSee details

s.gif
s.gif
Meet the sellerSeller:
s.gif
s.gif
smallwonders1
s.gif
(5)Link Removed
s.gif
Feedback:99.9% PositiveMember:since Apr-20-05 in United Kingdom
bullet.gif
See detailed feedback
bullet.gif
Ask seller a question
s.gif
bullet.gif
Add to Favourite Sellers
bullet.gif
View seller's other items
Buy safely1.Check the seller's reputationScore:2154 | 99.9% Positive
See detailed feedback2.Learn how you are protectedRead our safe buying tips
s.gif
Description Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
Item specifics - RVs & CampersType: MotorhomeSubtype: CoachbuiltMake: Auto TrailModel: CHEYANNE Drive Side: Right-hand driveGross Vehicle Weight: --Sleeping Capacity: 4Number of Bedrooms: --Colour: --Axles: --Total Length: 12 feet Width: --Engine Size: 2,800 ccTransmission: ManualHorsepower: --Fuel Type: DieselNumber of Previous Owners: 2Mileage (Miles): 44000Year of First Registration: 1998Water Capacity: --Manufacturer Warranty (Remaining Months): --Road Tax: 2009Seller's Warranty (Remaining Months): --MOT Certificate: 2 Months Remaining V5 Registration Document: PresentFull Service History: YesPreviously Registered Overseas: --Water temperature: Hot WaterSlide Outs: --Fridge/ Freezer: Refrigerator FreezerSafety Features: --Equipment: 12V Lighting, 240V Lighting, Awning, Blinds, CD Player, Cooker, Double Glazing, Hand Washbasin, Mains Hookup, Oven, Sink, TV, TV Aerial
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
BUY IT NOW £ 4,600.00
GIFT DVD PLAYER!!!
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[SIZE=+2]Email
: [SIZE=+2]ebendav@hotmail.com[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
There are two/three of these scams on ebay motorhomes at the moment. You can't report it to ebay by the 'report this item' button because the item number does not exist. When you first view the item you are transferred to another website - watch the address bar as it changes before your eyes. The only way to tell ebay is by phoning or email. I've phoned before about these and they seem powerless and non-believing because the item number does not exist. The don't seem to understand what you are trying to tell them. I've now given up and just say 'buyer beware'.

OP
OP
John H

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
I copy and paste the whole page into an email and send it to them, I dont know if it does any good though :cry:this seems like the same scammer who wanted me to pay for the van without viewing it,and didnt want cash :ROFLMAO:

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The number of that particular one is 120519195518

I have reported it to eBay but the reporting facility is so pathetic I have no idea if they will act on it

I have also mailed the admin of mansoursleather.com so hopefully they will be a bit quick, delete the page and change their http password

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I have also reported to ebay via the report this item link (the actual item that is, not the fraudulant page):thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
looks like its been removed.
no results for item No 120159195518
Because that number is incorrect as pointed out by Jaws who gave the correct id number in the post above yours.
The number of that particular one is 120519195518
Why anyone in their right mind should expect to get an S reg motorhome for under five grand is quite beyond me.

Email him and tell him you will pay the BIN price on sight and after a test drive. I suppose these daft ads keep some folk entertained on Sunday afternoons. :RollEyes:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
There's a big mistake in the fraudulant page...

The seller appears to have a feedback of 5 but lower down it says the seller feedback score is 2154 :winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just done a search on the number and it is def still there

Ok, here is what to do in future if you use Google Chrome as a browser.
if you find one of these buggers click on back and hold the escape button.. it will hold the original page for you :Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And now it has gone !! LOL !! Bloody thing aint a motorhome, its a yo yo !!

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Another one on now

Another one has appeared, also goes to same mansoursleather website. This one is ebay number 150406542428, a 2001 Swift with buy-it-now of £5250. I've notified ebay again. Why should we do their work for them, there must be more checks done!!!!

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Happy to report that one has now gone too ..
But the scammers will be back ( probably already got several other high value items posted on eBay in other categories )

Whilst it is true we should not have to do eBay's job, it is only folks like us giving due diligence that will stop folk like us getting totally scammed. ( if you see what I mean :Smile: )

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Another one has appeared, a 2001 Swift with buy-it-now of £5250. I've notified ebay again. Why should we do their work for them....
Why indeed?

Why not simply call bluff and play the scammers at their own game? Inform them you would like to see the vehicle first, take it for a test drive, and when satisfied it's the model for you....you will pay the BIN price. After all, isn't this what any self respecting vehicle seller would do, private or trade?

Of course you won't get a reply from them......but then any fool knows you won't get an 01 reg motorhome for £5250! :RollEyes:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I would love to call their bluff but just concerned that they would be able to obtain my email address and with that and my ebay name may have a way of getting into my paypal account. I just don't know how clever scammers could be.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Happy to report that one has now gone too ..
QUOTE]

Oh no it hasn't. Back on already timed at 13.26 (your post timed at 13.40). I have again told ebay.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers Paul :Smile:

See, told you they would be back !!

If they continue to use the same web site I shall first of all ring them ( call to the US of A for me is cheaper than a call to my neighbour ! ) and if no response send the details to the FBI dept that deals with internet fraud.
They get the right hump over this sort of thing as most of it is done by fund terrorists and organised crime folk.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup,, for some reason I cannot report it but if anyone else wants to the real number is 320476626932

No point in going on the page and clicking report item as that will simply end up in the scammers bin !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ok, just spoken directly to the web site owner.. She does her own web design so founf it hard to believe the buggers had cracked the site..

She is NOW changing the password and will shortly be emailing me so I can send her the exact location on her server of the hidden files, there by allowing her to delete them

Again, sadly, the b^st^rds will soon be back as they have hundreds of cracked sites to use

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I have reported many of these scams on ebay, but I suppose the bottom line is ...if it sounds too good to be true...then it probably is....I can't believe people could think that its a genuine seller.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I have reported many of these scams on ebay, but I suppose the bottom line is ...if it sounds too good to be true...then it probably is....I can't believe people could think that its a genuine seller.
Lots of suckers out there just begging for it. I've seen people on eBay actually paying more for a used item than what they would pay if they bought new. Total madness but their are plenty of these dummies around.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I would love to call their bluff but just concerned that they would be able to obtain my email address and with that and my ebay name may have a way of getting into my paypal account. I just don't know how clever scammers could be.
Lots of scammers use hotmail addresses which cannot be tracked or hacked into and easily allow the user to remain hidden. You simply do the same. If it starts getting 'nasty', just delete the email address.

I've never bought a vehicle off eBay but if I did, i'd insist on viewing first whatever the price/vehicle. If the seller is genuine they won't have any problem with that. If they suggest meeting away from the place of residence.....then you don't bother as they are obviously up to no good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back