Eat out to help out, bag yourself a bargain (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Decided to call into our regular restaurant yesterday on the way home, not been since the lock down.. Got in there about 5pm the waiter who met us at the door said have you booked sir. No I said why. We use this restaurant on average about once a week and never had a problem at that time of day. He said we are fully booked it is the Eat Out to Help Out scheme. I had no idea what he was talking about so he explained about the chancellor subsidy. I asked to see our usual man and with a nod and a wink he managed to fit us in. Anyway we had a lovely meal and it cost us peanuts after our twenty pounds discount.
Anyone else used the scheme, if not you only have to the end of the month to bag your bargain..... (y)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We would like to use it but are still exercising care in where we go, restaurants are not too attractive yet as they are all packed.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It's getting flipping expensive, eaten out 3 times in the last week. Only one place has asked for a phone number for tracking and surprisingly it was the curry house.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Wetherspoons, Hawick
Simply Scottish, Jedburgh
Waggon Inn, Kelso
Thaikhun, Glasgow
Wagamama, Glasgow.
All really good food and would be happy to pay the full price for the meals i have eaten so far.
Now just waitng for next weeks eating out adventure.🍲🌮🥘🥗🥙.

Cheers and enjoy Cris🍻.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back