Easylifter .. service far exceeds expectations (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
During a recent trip to Italy we encountered a problem with our Hydra Trail where the wheel came off. This was due totally to me being distracted when we put the scooter back on the trailer. We were fortunate the scooter still stayed strapped to the trailer however we did damage the mudguard and eventually after a few days we lost it all together whilst travelling along.

On returning to the UK I contacted Anthony at EasyLifter and enquired about a replacement. He suggested that I return the trailer to have him check it out which I have just done.

Anthony upgraded my 2011 trailer to the latest specification with all new parts and greased the original parts that were still being used. This was all done at a fraction of the cost and was totally unexpected.

I know that there are members that have raised issues with the Hydra Trail but in the 3 years we have owned it we have not encountered any issues (other than our own making) and have found the trailer is envied wherever we have travelled either here in the UK or Europe.

Great product with fantastic support

Colin

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I totally agree with you Colin. I am an Easylifter novice and have only owned mine for a year. It has been a very positive purchase and any questions/problems have been dealt with by Anthony very swiftly.
I have just covered over a 1000 miles and it has performed very well. We are off to France/Spain this Sunday so another 3/4000 miles will test it.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I am another easylifter novice and so far it has worked a treat.

Pleased to read about the great service (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, we are going up this Saturday to pick our Hydra Trail up. Anthony is a lovely fellow to deal with and it's nice to see the positive comments posted.

Rob

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I totally agree with you Colin. I am an Easylifter novice and have only owned mine for a year. It has been a very positive purchase and any questions/problems have been dealt with by Anthony very swiftly.
I have just covered over a 1000 miles and it has performed very well. We are off to France/Spain this Sunday so another 3/4000 miles will test it.

When booking the Ferry/Tunnel did you/would you add it as a trailer? I've seen postings where it's mentioned that because it doesn't articulate it's not classed as a trailer.

Rob

Apr 19, 2014
CHESHIRE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
1 YEAR
My hydra trail has worked faultlessly all year so am well pleased.
We have ferried it and just add its length...dont list it as a trailer

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i wouldnt buy or tow anything that parts fall off going down the road. its not the first time i have heard about this happening and would guess thats why the design has changed and you got the upgrades

balance the good service received against the danger of the wheel falling off. could of been much worse as it could of caused a fatal accident behind you

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
i wouldnt buy or tow anything that parts fall off going down the road. its not the first time i have heard about this happening and would guess thats why the design has changed and you got the upgrades

balance the good service received against the danger of the wheel falling off. could of been much worse as it could of caused a fatal accident behind you

The post did quite clearly state it was his own fault.

Rob

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
The post did quite clearly state it was his own fault.

Rob
as mentioned, not the first time one has fallen apart so although the OP suggested its his fault, I cant see why he should accept fault. If i buy a trailer, i wouldnt expect the wheels to fall off because I didnt load it exactly just so

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
as mentioned, not the first time one has fallen apart so although the OP suggested its his fault, I cant see why he should accept fault. If i buy a trailer, i wouldnt expect the wheels to fall off because I didnt load it exactly just so

I was given a demonstration of assembling trailer, if I didn't assemble it correctly I would think it would be my fault. I assume you are up to speed on this particular trailer you appear to be quite knowledgeable.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well I've done at least 20'000 miles with motorcycles on Easylifters and never had a problem and he's a lovely helpful guy who works really hard and always has time for customers.

Actually that's not true I did smash one into a ramp on a ferry with a 7.5 tonne RV, an hour with a heavy hammer and it carried on around Morocco Spain & France faultlessly.
Easy for people who've never owned them or used one to critisize I personally would always rather listen to someone who's actually used one in anger.
Easylifter may not be the perfect solution, as that's a big garage which I've now got, but a helluva lot better than a trailer IMO.

OP
OP
CherryPirate
Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990

I have in the past towed a small conventional trailer with a scooter in it. Horrible to back up and once whilst towing it the wheel did indeed come off. Not anyones fault ... just the wheel nuts had worked loose. Can happen to any vehicle or trailer IMO

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
During a recent trip to Italy we encountered a problem with our Hydra Trail where the wheel came off. This was due totally to me being distracted when we put the scooter back on the trailer. We were fortunate the scooter still stayed strapped to the trailer however we did damage the mudguard and eventually after a few days we lost it all together whilst travelling along.

On returning to the UK I contacted Anthony at EasyLifter and enquired about a replacement. He suggested that I return the trailer to have him check it out which I have just done.

Anthony upgraded my 2011 trailer to the latest specification with all new parts and greased the original parts that were still being used. This was all done at a fraction of the cost and was totally unexpected.

I know that there are members that have raised issues with the Hydra Trail but in the 3 years we have owned it we have not encountered any issues (other than our own making) and have found the trailer is envied wherever we have travelled either here in the UK or Europe.

Great product with fantastic support

Colin

Just thought I'd post about our Hydra Trail Trailer experiences from our recent month long tour of France.
Every time we entered a camp site or aire we always attracted attention and people would often want to watch as we off loaded scooter. A few people got us to give them Hydra Trail website address and were asking us if they would ship to France/Germany . It got to the point that I wished I was on commission! I would gladly tootle around France showing off said trailer :).
Because the wheels swivel when reversing it made for an incredibly easy tour. Once we accidentally got onto a paid motorway slip road - which we didn't want! I managed to very, very slowly reverse up hard shoulder back to roundabout and we were on our way. I don't think with a conventional trailer I would have attempted it. On one camp site trying to find a decent pitch, our way was obstructed by overhanging branches and once again reversing didn't have to be thought about.
The final and very nice extra is not being charged extra for trailer. I just added extra length to motorhome and was slightly nervous as we checked in at Dover, My FerryLink.Com and P&O coming back. Each time nothing was mentioned and we embarked with a satisfied smile on our faces :)

Rob

May 13, 2014
Maldon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2002
I know that Easylifter do a small conversion to take a Piaggio MP 3. Can anybody tell me if they are currently using one. Im'using a big bike trailer that's ok but a pain in the bum sometimes when trying to get on camp sites.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
I know that Easylifter do a small conversion to take a Piaggio MP 3. Can anybody tell me if they are currently using one. Im'using a big bike trailer that's ok but a pain in the bum sometimes when trying to get on camp sites.

I would email/phone the makers. Everybody appears to give them a great rating for customer service (even if they don't like the product)

I am sure they would give you a honest response (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back