EASYLIFT HYDRATRAIL IN EUROPE (1 Viewer)

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
New post on another uk forum , about a catastrophic failure when carrying a couple of e bikes .
Yes, saw that and owner is quite clear it was only ebikes on board and loved his hydratail. Wheel parted company with trailer and supplier wanted nothing to do with it as they say they have no failures.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Yes, saw that and owner is quite clear it was only ebikes on board and loved his hydratail. Wheel parted company with trailer and supplier wanted nothing to do with it as they say they have no failures.
Thats the one , but he is vague about what failed , the wheels are slide in mounting , dont know what securing method , as have had easylifter not hydratrail , and that had a few safety clips to insert , so room for human error ?

Jul 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Conc. Charisma 880F
Exp
Zero....
I never like towing empty trailers as they bounce - i am pretty sure my 225kg GSA (without farkles!!) will keep it on the floor - it's a R1150 GS SE and obviously the best model :D Obviously I wont fill the 41L before I load it!!

I would think 2x25kg (ish) e-bikes should be ok - but maybe too light and the small wheels did bounce - still - if anyone has one I am still interested :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_0788.jpeg
    IMG_0788.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 9

csx355

Free Member
Mar 24, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1999
Just to keep this in perspective. Failures of any make of trailer, rack or system however caused i.e - user error, manufacturing faults or lack of ongoing service over time, can only be judged in context and when in possession of the full facts and then compared with the total numbers of failures that occur to ALL other systems and makes.

Simply saying 'I know of someone that had an issue with X named brand' does make that brand appear to be suspect when discussed in isolation when that may not be the case.

I have a vested interest here - I have just bought a second hand Hydratrail - there is an onus on me to ensure that it is roadworthy and serviceable - if I don't - and I have to assume that the previous owner may not have maintained it - then I can hardly blame the manufacturer for lack of subsequent care. My HydraTrail appears to be unbelievably well made and if anything over-engineered. There is fresh grease where grease needs to be and compared to trailers that I have seen at a well known national motor parts outlet the build quality and galvanising is on another level. But it's still down to me to check that everything is fit for its use each and every time it is used.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
csx355
We had a Hydratrail Easylifter for a number of years and agree with everything you said.

The engineering was excellent and ours performed brilliantly. We must have towed our motor scooter over 5k miles throughout Europe. The only trouble we experienced was a puncture and we couldn’t blame the manufacturer for that. A great piece of kit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I’m sure I read somewhere these are supposed to be loaded when in use.

E Bikes wouldn’t be any where near enough to the weight required.

How did the wheel detach would be worth knowing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back