Easyfind satelite kit (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have one of these kits for sale if anyone wants one eBay 281364718826 bought it brand new when we got the new van but apart from seting it up in the garden to see if it worked it's never been used just never in one place long enough to bother with it to be honest , as I say it's never been used and it cost £130 but any offer considered, it's just littering the place up, sorry if this is the wrong place for it but not trying to make anything out of it, just better gone if someone wants one, cheers

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have one of these kits for sale if anyone wants one eBay 281364718826 bought it brand new when we got the new van but apart from seting it up in the garden to see if it worked it's never been used just never in one place long enough to bother with it to be honest , as I say it's never been used and it cost £130 but any offer considered, it's just littering the place up, sorry if this is the wrong place for it but not trying to make anything out of it, just better gone if someone wants one, cheers
That'll be a no then ah, does anyone use one of these , bought it without really thinking about we would never be in one place long enough to set it up , it does work well when you set it up but it's not as easy as the blurb suggests, and takes a while to decide which satelite you are looking for and by the time you have done that it's time for bed anyway but if you were in one place for a week or so it would be fine.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I had an old sky dish which I bought a tripod so as to use whilst away, (in fact its still in the shed) and I would take my Sky Box with me. Used it for a few years without any real problems.

I normally used to set it up in about 5 minutes from start to finish. I knew roughly where to point the dish in terms of elevation and bearing to start with. It really just is a matter of practice and you will find the satellite easier each time. Just be careful if you are near tall trees which will block the line of sight for the signal, in which case you will not get a decent signal if any at all.

Once I had the dish pointing approximately where I though it should be. I then just used to look through a window into the van so I could see the TV screen, or if I could not see the TV from where I had stuck the dish swmbo would shout at me, (nothing unusual there...). We would then just fine tune the signal using the page in the Sky menu where you can see signal strength and quality. Just make small incremental steps and pause each time as the signal takes a second or two to catch up and show on your box and the TV.

Now you can get some very good free Apps for you phone which will give you the correct bearing and elevation from whatever location you are in, so that gets you pointing in the right area to start with.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
That'll be a no then ah, does anyone use one of these , bought it without really thinking about we would never be in one place long enough to set it up , it does work well when you set it up but it's not as easy as the blurb suggests, and takes a while to decide which satelite you are looking for and by the time you have done that it's time for bed anyway but if you were in one place for a week or so it would be fine.

These are all fine and dandy and not to hard to set-up. If you want to sell it you may be better off putting it on the classified section

http://classified.motorhomefun.co.uk/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back