• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Easy Lifter HydraTrail and New TALKO1 type approved towbar (1 Viewer)

DaveH46

Free Member
Jul 9, 2016
Derbyshire UK
Funster No
MH
C Class low line
Exp
Regretful sale of my easylifter hydratrail and towbar (never used !) .

I bought this trailer in February 2017 to fit on the back of my previous motorhome (Swift Sundance 636L).
The trailer had seen light use only, but I'm a bit finicky so I have stripped and overhauled the linkages, castor swivels and fitted new wheel bearings. I have also fitted brand new wheels and tyres and (the originals are also included in the sale and are virtually as new). I have also fitted an over-centre chock to the front of the trailer bed which makes loading a much simpler affair as the bike/scooter self supports whilst it is strapped down.

I have never used the trailer on the road as I swapped for a new Bailey motorhome shortly after sorting it all out and ended up taking the towbar etc off the Swift with the intention of fitting it to my Bailey.

Despite the towbar being compatible, the reduced ground clearance on the Bailey (bordering on ridiculous but wasn't something I'd considered at the time of ordering it !!) means I cant utilise the towbar/trailer as It will foul the driveway at home.

The Trailers are currently £1295.00 new and the towbars circa £550.

I'd be willing to accept £775 for the trailer, £300 for the towbar or £1000 for both as a quick sale.

Please note that the towbar will fit any Alko chassis with straight extensions. I no longer have the side arm plates so make sure it will fit your van before purchase.

I have attached photos of the trailer fitted to my previous van...it has been stored in my garage since these were taken in late April this year. The new wheels have been fitted since the photos were taken.
01.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg

05.jpg

08.jpg
09.jpg

Image1.jpg

Attachments

• TALKO1.pdf
    288.5 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
D

DaveH46

Free Member
Jul 9, 2016
Derbyshire UK
Funster No
MH
C Class low line
Exp
Thanks for your interest Dave, unfortunately the trailer will only fit to a conventional flanged towbar, it will not fit a Swan neck... Sorry..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for your interest Dave, unfortunately the trailer will only fit to a conventional flanged towbar, it will not fit a Swan neck... Sorry..
Have a word with the guy from Easylifter, he may be able to advise if there are any options to modify.

Reactions: f6c
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I had the same issue of ground clearance with my tow bar. It was dealer fit and after talking to TowTrust at the NEC 2 years ago he confirmed it was the wrong bar. He supplied me with the correct item and it's fine.

PAGR

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2013
Camberley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Hi, I've sent you a message.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun