Easter ski (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Grandchildren missed out on our annual family ski trip In February half term (Group of 11 self drive in minibus and hire a chalet self catering) however they have come and asked if we can go at Easter ie April 2021 because country is getting better.

Now with a slimmer of hope that we can travel, where would you suggest we head for within days driving for snow.
family group 3.jpg

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
We have had our trip to Austria scuppered as well the lovely site asking we cancel or defer our stay. Austria have taken the stance to block ski tourism and even locals must show a Covid negative test result to ski. I’ve resigned myself to being a no ski year. Please check any suggestions given ie local lift rules, requirements as many town officials are adding new rules weekly

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Aosta Valley ? they tend to have school groups so as they are not travelling you may find some good deals

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have the tunnel and a campsite booked for my usual Easter ski holiday. I don’t think it will be happening but I took out the COVID insurance so will transfer to another time. I won’t have had my vaccination by them anyway and I don’t think foreign travel will be going ahead without it.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We're just booking for January 22 it sounds like the tour operators are busy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
A late Easter and an early Spring arrival = poor conditions. Whilst this winter has been one of the best in many years in terms of ski conditions, they are very quickly deteriorating.

2wks back we were at 1100m enjoying some cross and already by now those routes are closed, make sure you can get some where high up if you can find any where open. Italy postponed the opening of it's resorts last week, they should have opened on Monday but 24hrs before it was decide to keep them closed, they've pushed back the decision for 2wks i believe.

Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back