LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Really love to join you all but this is the last chance I'll get to have the boat ready for the season, I've already missed two rallies(sailing).

Looking at the list, I can tell you'll all have a load of fun. Enjoy and fond regards.......Griff.

ps see some of you in Carmarthen or possibly Newbury

Go on you tightwad , you are just afraid Jackie will go shopping again with us ladies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shame you are going to miss this, but there are times when other things have to be done
may see you both at one of the other meets :thumb:

Kath

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Doed this mean I have to throw out the t shirts and pack jumpers?:Sad:

:rain::helptitanic::Eeek:

S

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The weather not looking good up here we have snow
N very windy let's hope amiricle happens. For us tomorrow:Sad:
Lisa

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Go on you tightwad , you are just afraid Jackie will [HI]go shopping again with us [HI]ladies[/HI][/HI] :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shame you are going to miss this, but there are times when other things have to be done
may see you both at one of the other meets :thumb:

Kath

Ladies, ladies? I asked John at the fishing meet who is that nice looking lady, he said that's no lady that's my spendthrift, high maintenance housekeeper..........Boom Boom....

Look forward to it Kath..........Jackie and Griff..xx

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Now everyone on here should know that old saying
'ne'er cast a clout till May is out', and it is the northwest we are on about which is supposed to be the wettest,dampest part of england

mikkidee

Free Member
Aug 1, 2010
Malton,North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since June 08
Just rang Kelly to see if the race course is still ok what with this crap weather, all seems to be hunky doory.:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just 7 miles from Chester, not had any rain here this morning and given better for tomorrow, when you do get here, the food festival is largely under cover and Chester City once in the center with the Rows and Grovener center you could be there for hours without getting wet if it does rain.

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Dogs at Chester...

Just considering whether to bring the dog if the weather looks not too great.

Are there any dog walking areas close by?

Thanks

Steve

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
last year we walked the dog down near the race track and river, no problem as long as you pick up after them, there is a walk along the river itself but i think access is from the other side of the bridge over the main road.There are also cafes etc down that side as well and a floating resturant
Last year there were also loads of Vbubs as it was a Vdub fest as well - amazing what some of the owners had done to them

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
yes, that might be the best thing to do.

It`s our first Rally and only second trip out in MH, i am assuming that the marshalls i have heard mention of don`t come and collect dogs and take them for walks during periods of inclement weather... If not, why not.:ROFLMAO:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We're taking two dogs with us so perhaps we should hire a dog-walker between us ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I can't believe that I am finally going to meet the legendary Shiftzz - although our paths might have crossed before, I don't think we were introduced :Smile:

Feb 13, 2011
LEABROOKS DERBYS
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E705
Exp
since 2000
Chester easter rally

HI, can we join you at Chester tomorrow, paid Kelly but not had any reply as yet, have been trying contact her today. Is it snowing there anybody know. Cheers Gassy.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We're taking two dogs with us so perhaps we should hire a dog-walker between us ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I can't believe that I am finally going to meet the legendary Shiftzz - although our paths might have crossed before, I don't think we were introduced :Smile:

Prepare to be disappointed ... You can't miss him, he's a 17 yr old computer geek wearing trainers with his name on in case he gets lost :winky:

HI, can we join you at Chester tomorrow, paid Kelly but not had any reply as yet, have been trying contact her today. Is it snowing there anybody know. Cheers Gassy.

There is no snow and there won't be . I'm 17 miles from Chester and it ain't snowing. I'm running the Chester spring 5 tonight and it won't snow. The race course is well drained all it is is a bit cold in the wind..... :thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Prepare to be disappointed ... You can't miss him, [HI]he's a 17 yr old computer geek wearing trainers with his name on in case he gets lost[/HI] :winky:

There is no snow and there won't be . I'm 17 miles from Chester and it ain't snowing. I'm running the Chester spring 5 tonight and it won't snow. The race course is well drained all it is is a bit cold in the wind..... :thumb:

I don't like to be picky Haggers but I think you'll find he's almost 19 now.

Whilst he appears to be quite knowledgeable about such things as Bank Fraud and walks in the same power corridors as his good friends at TESCO, it's all book learned, he actually knows very little, but what an imagination.

He could have starred in the film "Catch me if you can" but the part went to Leonardo Di-Caprio in the end.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK, we've had a few cancellations but I think this is the list, though the organisers say we only have 55 booked with us. Not to worry we'll sort it out tomorrow. We can't get our vehicles on the racecourse till after 4pm, but I will get there early and ensure we get a good rally area.

We won't be bringinfg the Fun Marquee as its too small for this number of ralliers, but the organisers have laid on a large marquee on the course, it won't be a "fun" exclusive as its for all ralliers, but it does have a bar::bigsmile:

See you all tomorrow. If you don't have a rally badge to stick in your window then please download one here Link Removedand put it in your window:thumb:

1. Jim n Sian
  2. GJH
  3. Champers
  4. Lofty
  5. Haganap
  6. Taran Lass
  7. Blondi
  8. Yoolies
  9. Mike McGlynn
  10. Grumps147
  11. Artona
  12. John & Cheryl
  13. ChrisBoyo
  14. MrsThreeCats
  15. Richard W
  16. BazP
  17. 10ll
  18. Nifty Fifty
  19. Drago35UK
  20. TimeTraveller
  21. Wizzer59
  22. Oldlad
  23. Dingray
  24. Ecantador
  25. Jubilado
  26. Ciderman
  27. mikkidee
  28. LynGary
  29. Gaz43
  30. Edgy
  31. 1 Man and his Dob(lo)
  32. Shiftzz
  33. Geordie & the Dragon
  34. Callumwa
  35. Family Guy
  36. Tandy
  37. Les
  38. Grumpy old Git
  39. Bungy
  40. Charl
  41. Destination Unknown
  42. Staging lady
  43. Martin1485
  44. Artemis
  45. Janine & Barrie
  46. Cpease
  47. Malcolm Bolt
  48. tomm2
  49. Monsi
  50. DMS
  51. EthnGeoff
  52. Enjoy yourself
  53. Forestboy
  54. Dave Newell
  55. TheOnlySue
  56. Jaygee
  57. CLS
  58. Red Dragon
  59. Bazp +1

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We intend arriving at 4pm, Druid in tow.

You'll easily recognise him. He's the one with "I Love English Rugby" tattooed across his [STRIKE]buttocks[/STRIKE] forehead.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Listen you lot (mongrels and other mixed races) I will be there in my trendy boots, knee length pop socks (yellow), and a pink tu tu borrowed from 'Pinkie'.

I shall have on board 3 three laptops, a RAID IV server running SCO Unix and informix, two terabytes of memory and as backup a ZX81 (dual processor and 16k of memory)

Besides that, we shall have two vehicles (one with personalised plates ) FFU! Yes its true.

I have a clean glass, waiting for my 'complimentary or you die' Buttie Bach from my dear friend Neil (just remember who bailed you out from that tight spot in Butetown)

I intend to have a full working PA (1476 Watts RMS) so that you can all enjoy my vast collection of WELSH Rugby songs, I have 22 separate versions of Hymns and Arias one bing on Nepalese for my Gurkha mates who will be on lookout for any Englishmen (very loose term) with longbows.

Besides that, I will be there, holding court and dishing out sentences (mostly made up) and looking for a middle aged speedster with a gamy hip and a perpetual motion (like what I have after a good Indian) Machine, from Oxfordshire, or some other god forsaken hell hole.

Beside that and the fact that I hope to be upwind from any German Motorhome and their owners, cant tell these days whilst they are muck spreading which is the worst. Sundance does look a bit organic...

See you all anon..

Ah yes, just a quick reminder, we (The Welsh) are the current 6 Nation Champions and we did it with a Grand Slam, yes even taking the scalp at Twickers....

So pay your respect...

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
and looking for a middle aged speedster with a gamy hip and a perpetual motion (like what I have after a good Indian) Machine, from Oxfordshire, or some other god forsaken hell hole.

Chris Green is no longer on the list ..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Listen you lot (mongrels and other mixed races) I will be there in my trendy boots, knee length pop socks (yellow), and a pink tu tu borrowed from 'Pinkie'.

Didn't realise you were coming incognito.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I intend to have a full working PA (1476 Watts RMS) so that you can all enjoy my vast collection of WELSH Rugby songs, I have 22 separate versions of Hymns and Arias...

Jim....how big is the MHFun area on the racecourse please, diagonally?
Can I book the opposite corner to ShiftZZ now please? :thanks2:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Just come from Chester half a hour ago, its cold yes take a warm jumper or two with you, but it has not rained all day, and the weather is given for better tomorrow. The only snow you can see is on the Welsh Hills in the distance, no snow on any roads in the area or any predicted.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
All I need to know is if someone will make me a cup of tea when I call in :cry:really sorry we can't make it in the van.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
All I need to know is if someone will make me a cup of tea when I call in :cry:really sorry we can't make it in the van.

sorry Carol, no tea in my Wagon, only Vodka :Blush:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Last night was spent in a pub car park in Matlock and after waking up this morning to deep snow we decided to give the Peak District a miss and am now parked in the Caravan & Camping Club site at Drayton Manor in readiness for the last leg of our journey tomorrow.
Tony really wants to go into the park to ride the 'big' rides but the rain has forced him to stay in the van and practice on his guitar.
Every electrical appliance we have is on charge in readiness for 5 days wild
camping at Chester. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i will be comeing to chester but sadly not to the meet,not sure which day though:Smile:
will walk around and say hello to the funsters:thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009

Always a cup of tea available at my van. Bonus is It'll be made with Welsh water.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back