Easter Food & Drink Festival Chester (1 Viewer)

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I can only add our thanks to Jim, Sian, Carol and Eddie like everybody else. It was great fun. Although it was cold, what lovely sunshine. Really huge thanks to Paul and all the other chaps who gave a push to get us out of the rut we were in this morning. It was very funny, especially after our smugness at getting off the Newark field unaided. Hope to see you all soon. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We are just leaving the field now, if we've not seen you to to say goodbye.. goodbye, we had a ball::bigsmile: see you at Peterborough:thumb:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Chester meet

Thanks to Carol and Eddie,Jim and Sian, We enjoyed the break despite the cold and thanks to Artemis who got us out of the mud this morning:thumb:see you at peterborough:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well that's us home unpacked and picked up Sophie from my parents, just like to say a big thanks to Carol, Eddie, Jim and Sian we had a lovely weekend. It was nice to put a lot of faces to forum names.

Met some old and made some new friends even Toby got himself a girlfriend little Issie thanks to Sandra and Colin (armytwowheels) for a lovely night last night hope your hangover has gone.

Can't go without mentioning the Jaffa cakes thanks ciderman what a great idea.

Safe journey to you all and hope to see you sometime soon.

Thanks Gerry and Lorraine

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
First Fun Meet - Done. We had a great time, thank you for making us so welcome. A special thanks to Carol, Eddie, Jim and Sian for all their hard work, oh and to the chap that towed us on the site on Friday, think his name was Ben?

Yes Gerry, I have had a hangover for most of today and we've got to go out and do it all over again tonight for my birthday curry, It's a hard life. We look forward to meeting you again soon and Izzy sends her love to Toby. :thumb:

Rocles

Free Member
Oct 10, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We are back home early....gas ran out :roflmto: Still, stayed in bed late to keep warm (!) then wandered in to town for an all-day breakfast :thumb:

Many thanks to all for a great weekend. Nice to meet some new faces, Ghost Walk was brill, what a character the Tour Guide was ! Shame it was SO cold, but we wrapped up warm.

See you at Peterborough
Les and Sue

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I have to say a special Thank You to a New Fuster Ben for his kindness in giving anyone who needed it a tow on to the field, and with a smile, it was much appreciated. Hope to see you and your family at a future Fun Rally, once again a BIG THANK YOU BEN. ::bigsmile::thumb:

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
just like to thank jim sian carol and ed for another great funster meet.
we enjoyed meeting up with old and new friends again. enjoyed the ghost walk friday and got some good pics. hope everyone has a safe journey home and see you all soon.

gaz and julie

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Sat here now packed and parked on hard standing waiting to leave in the morning....

Sad too see it's over but hey ho moving on.

Special thanks to Jim Sian carole Eddie for organising another cracker of a get together...
Special thanks to Ben the tow too....

Paul & nikki xx

funnyfarm

Free Member
Jul 7, 2012
Solihull
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
6 years
Big thanks to Carol, Eddie, Sian and Jim for the brilliant time at Chester.

The ghost walk was great on Friday as it gave us an insight as to what we wanted to look over while we were there because we've never visited the city before.

Everyone was kind and friendly. As first time ralliers with the club we felt more than welcome and at home.

We'll be looking out for the next rally that we are able to join you on and will definitely be back at Chester next year.

When Russ gets his photos sorted I will give a link to them if that's allowed. Perhaps someone can tell me where I can publish a link to them.

Thanks again, Pam, John and Russ. x :thanks:

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Many thanks to Carol, Eddie, Sian and Jim for the organization and hard work under extreme conditions at Chester. Had a great time.

Looking forward to Peterborough and better weather.

Sally and Pete

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
My wife and I were

Really happy to meet everyone

:welcome::thanks::clap::clap::beer::wine::welcomefunster::beerchug::drink::rollonfloor::flyingwelcome:

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Home safe - M6 was a slight improvement on the drive up on Friday !

What a great weekend - thanks so much to Carol, Eddie, Jim and Sian for everything. It was wonderful to meet so many Funsters and start to put a few names to the "forum nicks" ...

Looking forward to another time :)

anna & mark xx

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
easter food and drink festival

hi all just got home at last .thanks to carol and edd and jim and sian for another great weekend nice to start the season off on a good rally.and gaz sorry we missed u but will try and have a drink on next rally .

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
What can I say, Champered in my own van:whatthe:

Big thanks to Ben for giving us all a good tug:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Met a lot of new members over the weekend great to meet you all. There was one from Cornwall with his lovely wife Maureen ----- sure he had a slight Welsh accent. Could be slightly out with that though:winky:

Met up with loads of old faces, good to see you again:thumb:

Thanks to the marshalls and all who organised our rally.

Thanks to all the English people for not shooting me in the walls - YES I said walls::bigsmile:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Another Great weekend :thumb: nicely chilled...in many aspects!

Thanks Carol, Eddie, Jim and Sian

BTW Who won the funster name wordsearch thingy?

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Thanks to Carol and Eddie and everyone else who helped to make this meet such a success. The organised events were brilliant and the extra perks such as the Jazz club and the free tour of Chester with Carol and Eddie were the icing on the cake! Thanks again and look foreward to the next one. Ann and Mick ::bigsmile:

Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Well travelled ex tugger.
Still here ....partied hard last night with a few other Welsh people kept them out till dark inside the walls but left me longbow back at the van....great night but what funster would put coke with jamersons? :smile:

And who on earth would fall asleep on a night out in the town Indian?

Any how decided to stop an extra night

I'm afraid I'm the one with the coke and Jameson's but it stills works, I can't remember leaving your van. Good job I was only next door. Many thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome on my first Funsters meet. I feel I've already made a few new pals.

Many thanks also to Jim, Carol, SIAN (sorry don't know how to do the accent on my iPad hence the capitals) and Eddie for your hard work in organising such a great meet.

See you all soon, possibly Carmarthen.

Daiboy:thumb::thumb:

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
just to add our thanks to Jim,Sian,Carol and Eddie. A great weekend was had by us and still 100% record of not being towed::bigsmile:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thank you to jim , Sian , carol & Eddie for a lovely weekend , was good to catch up with everyone even if my toothache was a killer , really enjoyed our afternoon in the pub yesterday tho :thumb:
See you all again soon :Smile:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Another great weekend, although I can't remember being so cold in a long time (-3.5 degrees in my van on Sunday morning).:Eeek::Eeek: Brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Thanks to Carol, Eddie, Jim and Sian

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Just wanting to thank Carol, Eddie, Jim and Sian for all the hard work involved in organising and marshalling this event. A good time was had by all. Always good to meet new funsters. So pleased |I didn't get stuck ::bigsmile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Thanks to Carol, Eddie, Jim & Sian for the event at Chester.
Met some faces there that look nothing like their avitars.

Would never have known this event existed if not for MF-

Headed home , fridge full with posh pies , kool kippers , bottled beers and succulent stiltons :thumb:

and a size bigger:Eeek:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Many thanks Carol and Eddie, Jim:notworthy: and Sian:man_in_love: for a great W/End
Sorry we had to wake you all up at 0720 as we left, Leisure battery went flat, so it was a quick clean of the teeth, and off to the first services for brekkie.

It was good being able to put faces to names at long last:thumb:

AND Hey Shiftty Taff, Guess who won them fancy valve thingees in the Raffle, can't wait for me tyres to go down, Jim said watching the flashing lights are better than watching Traffic Lights Change:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks from a newby

:whatthe:We were new to motorhoming and a bit unsure of how we would like the idea of meeting up in a rally. Thanks to everyone, lovely welcome, quickly realised we could do our own think or join in as and when!!!!.
Enjoyed the coffee and cakes, and the bacon butties on Sunday. Thanks again from Barry and Margaret. :roflmto:

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
EasterRally

Thanks to Carol and Eddie, also Jim and Sian for organising the rally. You organised the sunshine even if it was cold.
We really enjoyed the Jaffa cakes in Cointreau. What a wonderful way to meet people. Our next Rally will be at the Coton Arms where hopefully we won't need quite such warm clothing.
Thanks to everyone we met
John and Elizabeth:Smile:

Nov 21, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A class
Exp
since 2007
Chester Meet

Many thanks to Jim & Sian, Carol & Eddie for a great meet. Enjoyed it last year, enjoyed it this year will probably enjoy it next year too. Thanks.
Jim & Marion.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
What another lovely meet at Chester.. yes it was cold n icy but due to the great magic of Jim n Sian and Carol n Eddie we had the warmth of the funsters to keep us cosy!

Apologies to the Ghost walk leaders as Mr D was feeling the cold so we stayed warm and cosy in our van.

As always we really enjoyed the Saturday Cakes n coffee as it gave us a chance to meet new funster's and old which is always a great pleasure xxx

Guess who got Sianed for a change.... Moi ! lolol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apologies Miss Katie for not letting you listen to your music whilst i was getting Sianed
does make a change not hearing that folk were champered :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:x

Eventually found my way to assist with the bacon butties on the Sunday morning ..one eye up and one eye down n still asleep l::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Well the pub crawl was brilliant ... first time we had been thrown out of a pub for a minor with us and not a canine friend :whatthe::whatthe: well 17 of us settled into another pub and had a brilliant afternoon and evening and night lolol even been told that a certain person fell asleep at the table in the Resturant No names mentioned (we were tucked up in bed for once) :Doh::Doh::Doh:

Would also like to thank Taran Las for all the delicious food he cooked for us ... starting to think he should be competing at the Food Festival himself ... Brilliant Phil xx

John n Kath xxx​

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back