Easter Food & Drink Festival Chester (1 Viewer)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
M6

Traffic very slow.... Oh hold on.... Stand still going North between J13 & 15. A34 just as bad. Bored bored bored :shout:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Traffic very slow.... Oh hold on.... Stand still going North between J13 & 15. A34 just as bad. Bored bored bored :shout:

come off at 15 and come via my house :Smile:

Im just leaving in 10 mins via Nantwich to pick Nikki up then Im on my way....:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
That's us all packed and just heading off see you all soon

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yipeeeeeeeee

Oh to be in Cheshire when summer time is here.

I think Nikki's bikini is bordering on indecent. Cover up woman, you'll overheat the olde fartes.

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yeah! Here settled, awning up without arguing (1st time put this awning up) wined & dined. Only trouble is Colin is now trying to play the guitar on his iPad!!! :Doh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 36
Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Well travelled ex tugger.
Weather is beautiful here this morning. On site water appears to be frozen though, lots of people wandering around with water butts looking for a useable tap. Not funsters mind you (it's them camper van people).

WiFi strong and working well just need to sign in with a few details and away to go.

Daiboy

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Weather is beautiful here this morning. On site water appears to be frozen though, lots of people wandering around with water butts looking for a useable tap. Not funsters mind you (it's them camper van people).

WiFi strong and working well just need to sign in with a few details and away to go.

Daiboy

Thanks for the warning. :thumb: I shall bring some bottled water with me. I plan to arrive mid afternoon today.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Daiboy
Morning Dia.

Can I ask what network you are on please? If it's Deva Hotspot, I can connect, but get no internet access to log on. :Sad: I am currently using BT FON. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.

Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Well travelled ex tugger.
Morning Dia.

Can I ask what network you are on please? If it's Deva Hotspot, I can connect, but get no internet access to log on. :Sad: I am currently using BT FON. :Smile:

Cheers,

Jock.
Yes I'm on the Chesterdiva hotspot. Signed in on my iPad straight away no problem.

Did you register?

Dai

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Enjoy

Have a good Holiday
enjoy the Festival
Roger & Sheila:Smile:::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Yes I'm on the Chesterdiva hotspot. Signed in on my iPad straight away no problem.

Did you register?

Dai
I can't get in to register Dia. :Sad: I've got an excellent connection signal, (stronger than the BT FON signal) but can't access the log in page. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

P.S. Thanks Roger & Sheila. :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
P.S. I'm picking up a good signal from Funster One, when he's online, but he's got that one securely stitched up. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,

Jock

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Have a great weekend all,hope the weather sorts itself out for you.I got to go price work up today so i can pay my gas bill.I read my own meter the other day and worked out what i will be paying on top of the £60 a month direct debit i already pay.:Eeek: I feel i have worked just to stay warm this past :)Rofl1:) winter.

panda

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
notts
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1996
Just to let you know, Carol, that we are going to be a bit later than 1pm as the heating wouldnt work this morning and we have had to go to a Truma servicing agent to look at it. They have got it going so we are still coming!!!! Ann::bigsmile:

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Hi Carol / Jim

Even the Dragons breath wasn't up to the job sorry we will not be joining you this weekend as planned we gave up trying to get off the drive. This white stuff is still all over the place yuk ! Have a lovely time all you Funsters so near (30 mins) and yet so far away ah well looks like Peterborough will be the first this year after all

:cry::cry::cry:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

Daiboy

I was one of the funsters wandering about following good intentioned but totally wrong directions, until i met a lady struggling back with a full container, who put me right, its at the back of the toilet block on the left hand side as you come into the racecourse !, a bloody long way for me as i am on the last row of MH's the furthest away from the entrance

Anyone who reads this that as not yet arrived . . .fill up as you get to the toilet block, don't drive past . . .its a bloody long walk back with a full aquaroll, also the toilets there appear to be unisex !, the showers are defined ladies and gents but only one toilet block, one or two very surprised faces when u appear out of the trap !, had to time my " performance strategically " after our session with Taran Las and the Champers last night, thanks for your lovely hospitality Phil, how on earth you many to produce superb 3 course meals in a MH is beyond me, but you manage it without breaking sweat !, :thumb:,

Writing this in Weatherspoons as no signal on site . . . .well thats my excuse anyway !!!!!!,

Ken. :drink::drink::drink:

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Hi Jim, Carol
Just an update we will miss this meet due to wife's workload (if she hadn't read what a good time you are all having may have let me out alone!!)
Sold the tickets on so not wasted will try to get to our first funsters p**s up sorry meet up when we can arrange not sure available for Peterborough
Regards Yvonne & Keith

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Jim, Carol
Just an update we will miss this meet due to wife's workload (if she hadn't read what a good time you are all having may have let me out alone!!)
Sold the tickets on so not wasted will try to get to our first funsters p**s up sorry meet up when we can arrange not sure available for Peterborough
Regards Yvonne & Keith

Hi Keith & Yvonne we are here , thankyou for selling us your tickets , hope to see you on the field soon :)

Ash & Lynn

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Home after a lovely weekend at Chester Racecourse.

Many thanks Carol & Eddie, Jim & Sian and everyone else who worked so hard to make it a success.

Although it was bitterly cold, it could have been a lot worse! It stayed dry and the Ghost Walk was brilliant! Food show and shops were great as usual. Lots of new Funsters met too.

We decamped early because the leisure battery was about to die and we had run out of water - the nearest tap was about half a mile away - and I was absolutely frozen to the core.

Can't wait till we go to the Bring & Buy at Wrenbury in June and enjoy the warm sunshine that Haggers has ordered specially.......

Safe travels home everyone :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm afraid we did a hasty runner. 'er indoors wasn't feeling too well, I think it was two weekends of freeze-drying, with the ghost walk finishing her off. She's had some medicinal brandy and is soaking in a hot bath, a full recovery is predicted.

Good to see a load of friendly faces, especially those carrying Jaffacakes soaked in Cointreau, inspired and possibly deadly - but that's bikers for you, take the risks and enjoy life.

It was quite pleasant in the sun but that wind had a bite to it.

The food, I think some of the traders were mighty optimistic in their pricing. Parmesan cheese was £30, we paid €14 in Italy. £1.50 for a single pain aux chockolat. I thought we'd walked to a motorway services.

Anyway, we expect to be robbed by traders at meets.

So thanks to Sian, Carol, Jim and Eddie. A nice different meet.

Richard W

Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
Keep Warm Y'all

Back all the way home powered by this morning’s bacon butty…

Many thanks to Jim & Sian and Carol & Eddie for putting together an excellent meet. I’m not sure if the chill to the bone was from the easterly wind, or the Ghost Walk… Who can tell?

Safe trip home to all those hardy souls who are still there.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yuk - Drinking Water

Saw someone rinsing their toilet cassette with the fresh water hose we have all been getting out drinking water from! :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Still here, with neighbouring petensal, Kaybee, and others. :Smile:

Rita and I will be hitting the road sometime this morning, but before we do, we'd also like to thank Carol & Eddie, and Jim & Sian, for organising and running an excellent meet. Chester itself is one of our favourite locations, although we don't get the chance to visit often, (twice in the last four months though :winky: ).

P/boro is our next planned FUN meet, so for those that are going, we'll see you there. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Likewise, a big thank you to Carol & Eddie for all your hard work in preparing and running such a successful meet. It was lovely meeting you and you made us feel really welcome. Jim, Sia^n (sorry for the misplaced circumflex) also nice to see you again and thanks for all your hard work as well as all the others who have contributed to a pleasant stay (despite the biting wind) Wyn & Jean

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Still here ....partied hard last night with a few other Welsh people kept them out till dark inside the walls but left me longbow back at the van....great night but what funster would put coke with jamersons? :smile:

And who on earth would fall asleep on a night out in the town Indian?

Any how decided to stop an extra night

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back