Easter at Charity Farm campsite - Wigan (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If they charge £9 for the dawg for 3 night I would expect them to walk and feed him:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Well Im going and I know a scouser or two are trying to book. Im determined to stay on topic but some people pay 20k for a motorhome and moan about £9 for 3 nights for a dog?:Confused:

I bet you couldn't go and find entertainment and the fun that you will have on a meet for £9 elsewhere.:yeah:

Hi Haggers.

If your refering to my post then read the first line again. In addition £9.00 is a lot of money for some people and for what, please dont talk about the provision of dog walks.

Its a shame really because this site is very close to me and it would have been a real pleasure to have come along and met up with some of the names that Ive seen and talked to on the forum. Anyhow, have a good time.

Cheers

Jim

:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Haggers.

If your refering to my post then read the first line again. In addition £9.00 is a lot of money for some people and for what, please dont talk about the provision of dog walks.

Its a shame really because this site is very close to me and it would have been a real pleasure to have come along and met up with some of the names that Ive seen and talked to on the forum. Anyhow, have a good time.

Cheers

Jim

ring him, mention that you are part of a group attending (mention group of old farts, wouldn't want him thinking we were rowdy teenagers) ask about dog for free, and you never know your luck :winky:

but no the post wasn't aimed at you, just at the what fun you could have for your £9:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
But the dog charge is £1 a day, still to much when there's only one of me but 3 times better than £3 a day.

I have to say this thread is getting silly and can tell you our hosts will make any charge worthwhile (although they get nought) but just to be in their company makes it worth going:thumb:

Last edited:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Jim,

Its a real shame that you can't come when you live so close; perhaps the cost of the dog could be met by the fuel savings you would get by coming to a site so close to you?

Now boyz, Can we please keep this on topic, ::bigsmile: Camp site charges are of course important to all, but if you wish to continue discussing them please start a new thread, this one is mine :ROFLMAO::winky:

Thanks
Suzy

Cheers

Jim

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
phoned site today mentioned m/fun regarding booking.lady said she had never heard of m/fun but had 3 m/homes booked but h/standings all gone.
johnm

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I am on grass there as well.

Suzy will you post your surname maybe or contact the site so as to assist booking?

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Who?

I am on grass there as well.

Suzy will you post your surname maybe or contact the site so as to assist booking?
I had the same problem too booking. They knew nothing about Motorhome Fun, then why should they because Bryan & Suzy booked for themselves and offered others to come along. My problem was I didn't have a clue what their surname was so guessed when he went through the names. It was Windsor wasn't it? lol
Graham & Jean

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
phoned site today mentioned m/fun regarding booking.lady said she had never heard of m/fun but had 3 m/homes booked but h/standings all gone.
johnm

Hi John,

Glad to see you are interested :thumb:

Sorry for any confusion but this is not an MHFun rally or meet as such, just us saying this is what we are doing at easter and it would be great to see some funsters there if they fancy it.

We haven't booked under MHFun, funsters are just booking under there own name if they fancy going to the site at easter.

Hardstandings may be all gone but did they still have grass pitches left?

Regards
Bryan

Link Removed

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
charityfarm

hi bryan. thanyou for your reply.gass pitches where available.more concerned about getting 4 tons off without ruining us and the grass.
JohnM

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I stated I wished to be near you using your surname and they kinda agreed:winky: and they said they will link our bookings so we can be camped near each other.

PS:- told em you'll be paying for Bruno:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I've just spoken to the site and they said we will all be relatively close to each other anyway as it is a small site, but if you mention 'Motorhomefun' when booking they will try and put us all next to each other.:thumb:

Bryan
Link Removed

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Important Note...

Hi all :Smile:

Following a comment on the Newark thread from Dingray (thanks Ray:thumb:) about this site not alllowing generators I thought I would check with the site.

Generators are not allowed and there ar no ehu or hardstanding pitches left.

I *think* that all funsters already booked have hookup but if you have booked a non-ehu pitch please bear in mind that gennies are a no-no.

If you have booked a non-ehu pitch and now want to cancel as you can't run a genny then please let both me and the site know :thumb:

Thanks
Bryan
Link Removed

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
how many are going then? how many pitches are without hook up? I will be happy to split mine if he allows it, if of course I booked with EHU. if not and no gennies then I dont think I will be able to persuade the kids.:Sad::Sad:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Jim,

Its a real shame that you can't come when you live so close; perhaps the cost of the dog could be met by the fuel savings you would get by coming to a site so close to you?

Now boyz, Can we please keep this on topic, ::bigsmile: Camp site charges are of course important to all, but if you wish to continue discussing them please start a new thread, this one is mine :ROFLMAO::winky:

Thanks
Suzy

Hi Suzy.

The cost for a dog was never an issue for me as you can see from my frst post. The issue wrer the comments made by a couple of people in this thread regarding how welcome I would be.

My comments regarding dog fees were an observation and an opinion. one which I still hold.

Thanks Suzy and have a real nice time

Jim

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
If anyone is interested our certificated site (see below) is 1mile from here. We have no hook up but if its any use to anyone ???

Ps - We dont mind gennys and no charge for dogs

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Absolutley Mango ::bigsmile:

We can't gurantee the weather but you'll get a warm welcome from all the funsters all the same :thumb:

Bryan

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Hi all :Smile:

I've just re-read the thread at it appears that the following are coming ::bigsmile:

Bryan & Suzy
JaG
Haganap
Road Runner

If you are a funster that is coming but not on the list (or know one that is) please let me know...we'd hate to not get the chance to say hello ::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well I came on here straight after Newark.

Its been a blast here at Charity Farm and staying on another day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back