Rally Easter at Avon Bank Meadows, Wyre Piddle, CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

As a result of the clamour for Funsters to attend the above venue which we use for the Pershore Plum Festival, we have approached the new owners of the site and grabbed, (in both hands) the opportunity for a rally at Easter 2020. We therefore have much pleasure in inviting Funsters to;

Easter at Avon Bank Meadows

N.B. In order to make it fair to everyone wishing to attend, I will not be accepting names until 6pm on Saturday 23rd November 2019. That will give everyone the opportunity to consult their diaries, mates etc. to sort themselves out. If you wish to come, post on this thread at, or after 6.00pm on the above date. Not before that time, (it will be ignored)

Also, read the 'stuff' at the bottom,ie Adults only, No 'Third Party' bookings, and an early leaving time.

Location: Avon Bank Meadows Rally Field, Mill Lane, Wyre Piddle, Worcestershire. WR10 2JF
This is a Caravan and Motorhome Club CL with a rally field, (It's more like a manicured lawn).

Avon Bank was awarded the Caravan and Motorhome Club CL of the Year 2018.
It's beside the River Avon which is navigable. Although I'm told it's Close Season for Fishing at Easter, boating/kayaking/canoeing are allowed from the site.

It can be seen that the space available for this rally could be described as 'compact and bijoux'. I reluctantly therefore have to restrict attendees to Coachbuilt and A Class 'vans (and smaller). We cannot accommodate R.V.'s other than Class C (Think Jims 'Van)

AvonbankMeadowWR102JF007.jpg

The Rally starts at 12noon on Thursday 9th April 2020
finishing at 10.00am Tuesday 14th April 2020
There are 28 places available +2 for the Stewards.
THIS IS A 5 NIGHT RALLY.

The Cost for the Rally is £58 to Include your Pitch with EHU.

Wyre Piddle is within easy walking distance, where there are two pubs, and buses to nearby towns.
Pershore is a flat, pleasant, one mile walk through meadows. Pershore has an ASDA and numerous shops, bars and cafes.

Facilities: Although a basic site, Avon Bank has EHU for each attendee, TV Ariel sockets, and there are several water taps around the site. There are laundry facilities.
Access: Double gates from Mill Lane direct into Wyre Boatyard. Gravelled driveway leading to the Rally Field.
Dogs: Dogs are welcome. They must be on leads or tethered on the rally field. There is ample provision for exercise off the site.
Generators: As there is EHU for all, No generators please.
Deposit: The Deposit of £10 is due when your Name has been transferred onto the list of attendees.

That way, your Deposit will be recognised by me. The remainder of the site fees to be paid in full by 1st March 2020
N.B. We appreciate that in a small number of cases there may be Funsters who have to cancel. The Deposit and Final Payment will be repaid if that place is filled by someone on the Reserve List. Otherwise the Deposit will be forfeited and that money will go to Charity.

At this moment, we have no idea as to whether there are events taking place at nearby Pershore but we will be bringing the Cornish Skittles and no doubt there will be other 'stuff' taking place for the enjoyment of all.

We will bringing our collection of Good, Clean, (Condition if not content:eek:) Paperbacks which will be on sale in Aid of Prostate Cancer UK

PLEASE NOTE

LEAVING TIME TUESDAY
The Leaving Time on Tuesday is 10.00am. We appreciate that 10.00am is 'early' but, it was the only way we could get the booking for 2020. There is another Rally arriving on that day and it gives John, the owner, time to sort the site out before the next arrivals. We do not anticipate the same problem going forward.

ADULT ONLY
As previously stated in the Plum Festival Rally Thread of last year, this Rally is 'Adults Only.' This is in no way a reflection of the little girl who attended that Rally. It's purely that the River Avon runs alongside the site and is deep. In any case, it is anticipated that the site itself will be Adult Only next year.
There is no objection to a child visiting with 'Day Visitors.'

THIRD PARTY BOOKINGS
I will not be accepting bookings from 'Third Parties' on this and any subsequent rallies. If you wish to attend with a mate, you will both, (or more) have to book in your own name. I explained the reasoning behind this on the Plum Rally thread.

That's about it.

Regards

Derek and Mary

List of Attendees

01. Emmit Derek and Mary
02. Damelza Malcolm and Teresa
03. Beemobile Sue Full Amount Repaid
04. The Dotties Geoff and Therese Full Amount Repaid
05. archie2000 Malc and Anne Money Transferred to Plum
06. Oscar Alb and Elaine Full Amount Repaid
07. Marty Gilly and Pup Marty and Gilly Full Amount Repaid
08. Jimbohorlicks Jim and Lyn Money Repaid
09. triclops June and Jeff Full Amount Transferred to Plum
10. Phileas Dog Tony and Yvonne Full amount Repaid
11. DC4JC Dave and Jan Full Amount Repaid
12. dulvil John and Sue Donation to Charity Thank you
13. Antique Brian and Val. Payment to Charity. Thank you
14. Old Rascal Derek and Sarah Full Amount Repaid
15. Chris+Tracy Chris and Tracy Full Amount Repaid
16. PAT N PAUL Er? Paul and Pat Payment to Charity Thank you
17. cruiser Mike and Rose Payment to Charity Thank you
18. cliffandger Cliff and Geraldine Full Amount Repaid
19. Dorwyn Geoff and Carol Donation to Charity Thank you.
20. whingyraindrop Lorraine Full Amount Repaid
21. SandS Stan and Sheila Transfer to Plum
22. vin0114 Vin and Jo Full Amount Transferred to Plum
23. Pamee Mick and Pam
24. DP+JAY David and Jay Full amount Transferred to Plum
25. TinaL Les and Tina Full Amount Repaid
26. Techno Andy and Jacs Full Amount Repaid
27. JaG Jean and Graham Full Amount Repaid

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Is it 23rd or not? Some people are going to get annoyed if they miss out on being on the list because that is not the case. :( and the booking starts today.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
OK I am travelling at the moment andbeen checking ng if this rally had been put on as we have had very little internet this last week So when saw the title I put my name down didn't read what you had put so APOLOGIES Derek. We shan't be bothering now as we just can't keep doing this. We are out and about without internet quite a lot. So enjoy everyone x Kate

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Can recommend the piss of piddle pub for a get together meal. They have a back room and it’s not mega bucks. Only thing I would say is that the signal for their card machine is poor and can take a while to get it to work, so cash might be quicker for service at the bar. If there’s a crowd of you. They let you have the room just for you.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can recommend the piss of piddle pub for a get together meal. They have a back room and it’s not mega bucks. Only thing I would say is that the signal for their card machine is poor and can take a while to get it to work, so cash might be quicker for service at the bar. If there’s a crowd of you. They let you have the room just for you.
Yes, Carol and Eddie sorted that llast time and they had a really good time.... At least I THINK it was there... I get confused in pub names. :doh:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Is it 23rd or not? Some people are going to get annoyed if they miss out on being on the list because that is not the case. :( and the booking starts today.

Yes Joy.
I cannot be held responsible for other peoples postings.
It is the 23rd, That is next Saturday, In five days time.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Blimey! Is it November 23rd already??? :LOL:

Not quite but to those who have binned Calendars and Bu&&ered off to warmer climes, I could understand the confusion. I've been trying to get my head around the run up to Crimble in Temps of 38 Degs. C

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Yes please we would like to attend, thanks. Will check-in on the 23rd(y):cool:

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Piss is a great name and better than the real one! It's actually "Piesse", the surname of the owner who is my friends brother. You may see Toyah Wilcox who is a good friend of the owner I believe and lives in Pershore.......

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
We will not be attending, thank you,

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I too have jumped the gun. Humble apologies. Derrick.

Hi John.. Just an aside. Not with Eden at moment but she STILL mentions Shona when she talks about her Pershore camping holiday. :) Hope the little one is well. X

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Derek, is the Easter rally, as well as, or instead of the August rally which follows Malvern???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back