Rally Chat Easter 2020 Avon Bank Meadows, 9th-14th April 2020 (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Amazingly it's never been a problem. The government told insurers after the series of floods we had in the UK in the mid 2000's that they weren't allowed to load premiums or restrict/refuse cover to flood affected areas for a set number of years. I think I read somewhere that that period has expired now but the insurance industry are still offering normal cover and premiums.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
You have the Severn to contend with at Tewkesbury as well as the Avon. Problem with the Severn is, lots of rain in Wales one day, problems downstream the next.
We get it from Wales via the Severn, the Warwickshire Avon brings it down from the East Midlands and we even have our own little river, the Swilgate that sucks water out of the Severn and distributes it around town via several small tributaries it calls its own! If ever a town were designed specifically to flood its Tewkesbury! Mind you, the Council have despicably allowed new home building on the historic flood plains so the problem is worse now than it ever was. You would think someone might have spotted that the Normans built Tewkesbury Abbey on the only bit of high ground in the town centre.....

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
those dates are perfect & fall inline with school holidays so my partner will be off, we would be interested.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Would we need to come for the duration or could we do less days. Reason I am asking am not allowed certain times off at work,

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Would we need to come for the duration or could we do less days. Reason I am asking am not allowed certain times off at work,

Hi,

The Rally will be for five nights. It will be priced for that. I'm sorry if you have to go early, (and I've been in your position re employers) but that's how it will have to be.

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Yes please Derek
Would be really interested in this.....

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Oh what a shame! The Plum Festival pics looked so good that I'd have been very interested in this. Unfortunately I'm working all Easter weekend so can't make it.

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Sorry we have put our name down twice can you delete one please also we will be in spain in November so can you keep us a space
Polly

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Polly, I'm sorry, but there are no places (at present) being saved for this rally.
The OP states that we have secured Avon Bank Meadows for Easter. The rally places will be available in November when I post the OP to the rally on the "Scheduled Rally" forum.
There is a very good reason for waiting until then but I am not prepared to go into detail.

When I post the OP, every funster will have the opportunity of getting on the rally.
I hope this explains the current position.

Fev

Free Member
Sep 12, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Ace Milano
Exp
We haven’t been out with you all yet but would like to join you on the Easter meet if we may?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We haven’t been out with you all yet but would like to join you on the Easter meet if we may?
Hi Fev I will say at the outset that my comments are not to be construed in any way to be criticism. I can see that you are a new funster and you have said above that you have not been on a funster rally.
My original posting re this rally was to inform all that I have secured the venue, no more (or less). If you were to read some of the following comments you might come to the conclusion that some funsters were suggesting that I put their names down to attend on a list.
This is not the case and shouldn't be construed as such.
Right now, there are only two units on "the list" to attend Pershore and they are us and our assistants.
The rally will be open to all to put their names down in mid/late November in order to make it fair to all.
It will be posted in the "Scheduled Rallies " section and not in "Rally Chat"
I/we hope this helps.
Regards

Last edited:

Fev

Free Member
Sep 12, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Ace Milano
Exp
We would have loved to go to Pembrey but we are in France (flying) from September 23rd to October 1st.
Then we are away in Europe in Moho from December to March (our first time) scary but excited. Don't know where in Europe yet, South of France, Spain or both?
So financially probably best to wait until next year, but cannot wait to meet people ☺

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Can we register an interest please? Mike and Toni