Rally Chat Easter 2020 Avon Bank Meadows, 9th-14th April 2020 (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2018
Funster No
Junida13 we would like to come, do we have to be members of caravan and Motorhome club as well??

Odyssey

Free Member
Sep 26, 2018
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Motorhome
Exp
May 2018
Hi any space for two extras at Avon meadows for Easter 2020 please

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Is everyone who expressed interest getting a conversation about this? It’s a while ago we said we were keen on this one. We still are. ?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Is everyone who expressed interest getting a conversation about this? It’s a while ago we said we were keen on this one. We still are. ?

I'm tending to send 'Conversations' to those who are new to Fun..
They aren't getting first dibs on places.

Have a look at my avatar. It might give a clue as to why;
a) I'm posting at stupid o'clock, and
b) Why I'm not opening 'The Book' on this rally just yet.

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average

Ok no problem. Enjoy

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013

Ooooooooo Hollibobs Down Under - lucky you! :)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I would like to show some interest in this please

Mike Kiff

Free Member
Feb 20, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 1995
Good morning from Devon,
Yes please put our names down.
Mike and Barb Kiff

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Would be interested in attending this rally.
Thanks

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Looks like the rally field could be filled 10 times over and hoping that it is fit to use, there will be a mad rush to book once it is posted as a live rally so Emmit
please put all to rest and give us an indication as to what date you will make it a live rally.
cheers
chris

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good morning from Devon,
Yes please put our names down.
Mike and Barb Kiff

No longer a tugger??? (Some people have long memories!!!)

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
This Conversation has become redundant.

The Rally proper application has been posted. I have sent a 'Conversation' to each and every one of you of the existence of the Rally in the Scheduled Rally Section.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You seem to be making a lot of work for yourself Derek, but more to the point you certainly know how to cause confusion amongst the rank and file. :devil:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You seem to be making a lot of work for yourself Derek, but more to the point you certainly know how to cause confusion amongst the rank and file. :devil:

Thing is Ken, if I posted the 'Come and Join us' without notice, there would be grumblings.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
What a load of tosh Derek. On our soul rally, those who have been before get first refusal before it goes on general release.

You've given enough notice by posting umpteen posts, now you're just confusing people by playing bloody silly games.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
On our soul rally, those who have been before get first refusal before it goes on general release.
Quite frankly I think that's a very unfair way of working. Why should people who have been before get priority? Derek's way is much fairer and egalitarian.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Quite frankly I think that's a very unfair way of working. Why should people who have been before get priority? Derek's way is much fairer and egalitarian.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but when you've run a rally and dealt with all the shilly shalliers you'll soon realise that those who are serious about attending will do. In addition we have to pay out a hefty sum to hire the hall, 'my aunties dog's just died' doesn't pay for the hire or the DJ, nor do 'no shows' who never let you know. BTW I have ok'ed this strategy with Jim.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Ken,

We will have to disagree.

Your Soul Rally has how many places? You've been to Avon Bank. You know how small it is.

As for your comment,"You've given enough notice by posting umpteen threads." Where do you get that?
I posted on 'Rally Planning' the information that there would be a rally at Wyre Piddle. In that thread I stated that bookings would not be taken until November but that the thread was purely for planning purposes. That is the only posting I made.

If I were to invite previous attendees, (and as an inaugural rally, that couldn't be done, even if I wished to do it) this rally would be full using the previous attendees for the Plum Festival and there wouldn't be room for anyone else.

Lastly, How have I caused confusion?
I put, right at the top of the posting, that the 'Book' would be open on the 23rd Nov.
How can I help it if people jump in, without reading the post. I even put that info in 'bold'

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We will have to disagree.

Your Soul Rally has how many places? You've been to Avon Bank. You know how small it is.

As for your comment,"You've given enough notice by posting umpteen threads." Where do you get that?
I posted on 'Rally Planning' the information that there would be a rally at Wyre Piddle. In that thread I stated that bookings would not be taken until November but that the thread was purely for planning purposes. That is the only posting I made.

If I were to invite previous attendees, (and as an inaugural rally, that couldn't be done, even if I wished to do it) this rally would be full using the previous attendees for the Plum Festival and there wouldn't be room for anyone else.

Lastly, How have I caused confusion?
I put, right at the top of the posting, that the 'Book' would be open on the 23rd Nov.
How can I help it if people jump in, without reading the post. I even put that info in 'bold'
I was confused Derek I saw thread and yes I didn't read it BUT it was In rally thread not in rally chat so yes I automatically thought you had put it on as the rally. So put my name down. Internet hasn't been great for us. We are on the move again today. I'd been checking your posts the last one was you would be posting this week. It wasn't untill a Funster rang me and said I hadn't read it properly. . As I said before we won't be coming now so it will make way for somone else. Kate x

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
' by posting umpteen threads '

Corrected to umpteen posts - sorry Sarge.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Well you're entitled to your opinion, but when you've run a rally and dealt with all the shilly shalliers you'll soon realise that those who are serious about attending will do. In addition we have to pay out a hefty sum to hire the hall, 'my aunties dog's just died' doesn't pay for the hire or the DJ, nor do 'no shows' who never let you know. BTW I have ok'ed this strategy with Jim.
I have no issue with asking for money up front, in fact I think this is the way rallies should be run to weed out those that book 'on the off chance'. My issue was giving priority to people who have attended before. If the Avon Bank rally was run like that, as it is so popular, there would be the same people attending year after year thus not giving anyone else a chance. However, you're the rally organiser so you can obviously choose to organise it however you want but as far as I am concerned 'first come, first served' is the fairest way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back