Rally Chat Easter 2020 Avon Bank Meadows, 9th-14th April 2020 (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

We would like to inform all Funsters that we have secured availability at Avon Bank Meadows, Wyre Piddle, Worcs. for Easter 2020.

It will be a 'Free and Easy' ie. there are no special events taking place.(As yet?)
We appreciate that the 'Pershore Plum Festival' Rally is very popular and attendees commented that they wouldn't mind having another rally at this superb location so, it's been logged into the Avon Bank's diary.
We will not be taking bookings until after the middle of November but wanted you to know now for your planning purposes.
Price will be no more, (for that, read less) than the price per night set for this years 'Plum' event. ie £12 to incl. EHU.

There are a couple of slight alterations to the receiving of names wishing to attend this Rally. I am slightly ahead of the owners of Avon Bank on this but it is more than likely going to be in place for 2020.

This rally will be 'ADULTS ONLY' This is in no way any reflection on the little girl who attended the Plum Rally. She was a delight, and, at 4yrs old she was closely watched the whole time she was there but, how can I say this, should anything happen, (and the river is 17ft deep at the campsite), I would never forgive myself if that 'Something' occurred.
There is every likelihood that Avon Bank will go Adults Only for next year in any case.
The above does not prevent visitors to Funsters already on the field.

For this, and any subsequent rally, I will not be accepting 'Third Party' bookings. I had an embarrassing conversation with a Funster as a result of this prior to the Plum and I'm not going to repeat the procedure.
Might I suggest that if you want a mate to come, make an arrangement to be contacted between yourselves.
I appreciate that the above may seem dictatorial but it's not intended that way. I'm just trying to be fair to everyone who wants to come. It's not like it's a huge field and for this one, I'm keeping the figures under the number we had at Plum.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
I couldnt make it to the Pershore Plum festival so would be interested in this one. The photos on the Pershore thread look lovely.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Thanks for letting everyone know.
We had such a good time and would definitely go back especially knowing that you are organising it ???
YES PLEASE,,!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Just tried to book a couple of nights in September at that site but they are fully booked
Can anyone recommend a nice CL nearby

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
"We will not be taking bookings until after the middle of November but wanted you to know now for your planning purposes. "
I know Derek, see original comment, a lovely way to do a round robin in November and let interested people know though eh! (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
"We will not be taking bookings until after the middle of November but wanted you to know now for your planning purposes."
Yes thanks, I realise that - was just registering interest and will look for the thread when it comes up

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
You're a glutton for punishment! :giggle:
Sorry we won't be able to make this one as we will be away. Definitely on for the August one though. (y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yes put us on the wait list please Derek.

Im sure the atmosphere and weather at Easter won't be as good as the PPF.

One other factor to consider at Easter is the level of the River Avon.

Last edited:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Yes please Derek well done x

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Just tried to book a couple of nights in September at that site but they are fully booked
Can anyone recommend a nice CL nearby

Wyre Mill Club is a C&CC certified site (CS) and is about 1/2 a mile further up the road which is a dead end for traffic, and a tad closer to walk to Pershore.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I would be more interested in whether the site and surrounding fields are flooded rather than maggot drowning.
Yes, I understand that. I live in Tewkesbury which floods more than most places so am well versed in the problems caused by floods. I just thought that as some of the photos on here of the happy campers showed that they enjoyed fishing in the river that may be a fact of interest.

This is a view from my bedroom window in 2007.

Floods 001.jpg

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You have the Severn to contend with at Tewkesbury as well as the Avon. Problem with the Severn is, lots of rain in Wales one day, problems downstream the next.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Yes, I understand that. I live in Tewkesbury which floods more than most places so am well versed in the problems caused by floods. I just thought that as some of the photos on here of the happy campers showed that they enjoyed fishing in the river that may be a fact of interest.

This is a view from my bedroom window in 2007.

View attachment 327809
I'll bet your annual conversation with the Insurers is 'interesting'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back