East Sussex - visiting Drusillas Park - any recommended stop overs please (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
good morning, we are considering visiting Drusillas Park near Eastbourne, East Sussex for the day with the Grandchildren, so we are looking for a reasonably priced site - pref with some activity on site for them, whether it be a playpark, animals, beach etc. We only need two nights Sun/Mon. Looking to arrive Sunday afternoon, then visit the Park on the Monday, back to the campsite for the night before returning home.

Not really looking for any 'wild camping/park ups' as we have the grandchildren and would like something to occupy them for a couple of hours each evening - unless of course someone knows a good beach park up for 7.5m motorhome?

We are not members of any of the 'clubs' but happy to join them if necessary ..... Thanks in advance

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
just had a quote of £40 per night from Cuckoos Rest Caravan and Camping Park - makes overnighting in pub car park with beer/play garden and restaurant facilities a much better option .... for another £20 we could all eat an evening meal in the pub and not even have to make the meal or wash the pots !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Newhaven beach are allowing Motorhomes again now for £10. No facilities but a pebble beach along the end, a cafe truck and a pub a minutes walk away (The Hope). Nice sea views past the lighthouse. They was a dredger tower there though which mars the view a bit 😊

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Also Cuckmere haven pub used to allow overnights and there is the Buckle Campsite in Seaford £25 without elec or £30 with 😱 Tatty site but right on the beach and a walk along the promenade to town.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Newhaven beach are allowing Motorhomes again now for £10. No facilities but a pebble beach along the end, a cafe truck and a pub a minutes walk away (The Hope). Nice sea views past the lighthouse. They was a dredger tower there though which mars the view a bit 😊
never having been, is it a large car park - on the basis that we would arrive late sunday afternoon and looking to park from then .... dont mind waiting to get a parking place if we had to....?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Ven
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
never having been, is it a large car park - on the basis that we would arrive late sunday afternoon and looking to park from then .... dont mind waiting to get a parking place if we had to....?
It's huge so usually plenty of room as not much to do apart from watch the ferry come and go.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
A
As orridge says there’s plenty of space including some grassy spaces. I forgot to mention there is a height barrier which needs to be opened so you would need to be there before 5 when the attendant goes home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back