East side of France - Champagne/Burgundy? (1 Viewer)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Between Beaune and Cluny there are many independent wine producers with outlets attached in the various wine villages, Mercurey, Rully, Mersault, Puligny-Montrachet and Givry.

Close to our home, the village of Montagny, near Buxy, produces very good white wines. I would recommend Chateau de Saule for a visit. They produce a very good Chardonnay and are not all commercial. If you want a “degustation” you are likely to be taken to the bottling area where you can sample the vintage. They do not have a “shop”.

Cheaper, local wines can be tasted at many co-operatives, including Buxy, St. Gengoux-le-National and Bissey-sous-Cruchaud among many others.

Don’t dismiss the cheaper white wine made from the Aligoté grape. Some are very good, though not all.

Exploring and sampling is the fun.
Until I discovered the wine, I thought Chardonnay was just a girl's name [and always with a younger brother called Jordan ...] (y) :giggle:

Steve

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Cluny has an aire on the edge of town. Overpriced at10 euros with electric hook up when street lights are on. But free parking in street next to aire Lovely town with cycle path.
An overlooked area is the morvan area and in particular lake Settons, very attractive with an aire and several campsites. Also flattish cycle ride around lake. Well worth a few days but stock up as there isn't a supermarket nearby.
Parrot Face. Just sent you a PM

Thanks Derry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back