East Riding or North Lincs (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We are going out for a run on Thursday. We would like to park up for lunch somewhere overlooking the Humber. We are over 3m tall and 7.4 long, so limited at some car parks. Does anyone from the area have any ideas please.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We are going out for a run on Thursday. We would like to park up for lunch somewhere overlooking the Humber. We are over 3m tall and 7.4 long, so limited at some car parks. Does anyone from the area have any ideas please.
When I was working we used to do some rescue boat training almost under the bridge. We parked up at the Humber rescue base . Next to it is a public car park. I don’t remember if having a barrier. This in on the north side of the river.
Lots of river traffic passing.
You don’t need to stay at home the rules changed last week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Stay at home!!!!

Why? An explanation would be better than a one word post.
We don’t live that far away, we have no intentions of getting out of the MH, we just want it to have a reasonable run out along the M62. I have lived at both ends of the Humber bridge so I am on home soil.
I just asked about parking.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
There's some nice parking on Hessle Foreshore on Cliff Road where the Yorkshire Wolds Way starts (bottom right), it's accessed from Boothferry road via Woodfield Lane NOT the Humber Bridge road:

1589880452340.png

1589880422205.png

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Stay at home!!!!

Why?

How else do we find out if the danger of contagion has passed?

Boris said! --- it's fine to drive any where in England.
We are taking a drive to Cleethorpes tomorrow might not even need to get out the van . But if there's a chippy open we'll stop and have some chips and peas.
Social distancing obviously.

Interceptor

Free Member
Feb 25, 2020
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Seal 5
Exp
02-02-20
Come on peeps be kind to one another ?
Boris did say we can go out limited mileage.
If you stay in the van that's great then return home within the day that's within the rules.
If you get out and stay over two metres away from others that's within the limits.
I understand people how live in areas where other like to visit may be stressing.
But at some point the economy will need a boost ?
If you see a scruffy long haired block in a trani waving I'm working in Hull tomorrow.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
We live in one of those seaside places, the locals are all doing their bit. ( well most are ) unfortunately it is some of the visitors who are not complying with the rules, walking in groups, not moving to the side to allow others to pass, not against people coming, but bear in mind a large proportion of this area are in the vulnerable category, ?‍??‍?. so do feel threatened. If you do come enjoy your day and be considerate of others.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Reports in Hull of cars blocking the lifeboat at Hessle foreshore and very difficult to self distance.
We went to blue bank north yorks moors could see the sea from our viewpoint and on Friday it was quiet. Came back through Scarborough, north bay was quiet but few of the parking spaces are long enough for your length of van, we did see a couple of pvcs parked lengthways over a few spaces though. we only got out of the van at the viewing area and were more like 10M away from others.
We are at our happiest when near to water, be it the sea. lake. river pond, sometimes thik big puddle would do.
Hope you manage a day out it fairly lifts your spirits.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
The government told us to stay into save lives, so I did, they now say we can go out, so if that's your wish,do it. I'm hoping campsites are open in July, when they are I'm off in my van. I will still isolate just not at home.

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Thanks for your suggesTimon’s. The whole virus thing takes a lot of gumption and people looking after themselves. If you are aware of your own safety then that means you are keeping people around you safe as well. All we want is a change of scenery and a decent run for the MH. I must remember to put the kettle, teapot and teabags back in it.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Drove to Cleethorpes today. All the matrix signs said that Cleethorpes car parks where full. I didn't believe them but decided to drive south down the coast anyway - it was pretty quiet everywhere.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The definition has certainly become confusing
The firs part of the advice is stay home whenever possible you can go to work if you can't work from home you can exercise all you want and go where ever you want to do it but avoid public transport.
But essential travail only but you can go where ever you want when ever you want
but it's OK to not to do any of the abusive but stay alert and control the virus.
Me i am having to shield and have hardly left the house along with the rest of my house hold
so can we go for a jolly to the seaside now
but i cant do any of the above as my income has gone west tonight will be my last post on her as internet goes off tomorrow.
what a ficking mess this country is got payed of from my part time job that kept our head above water with my two small pensions.
i don.t qualify for nothing what a lode of crap it is folks dying and all sum bother abut is a trip out
and for that reason i am out
bill

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
The definition has certainly become confusing
The firs part of the advice is stay home whenever possible you can go to work if you can't work from home you can exercise all you want and go where ever you want to do it but avoid public transport.
But essential travail only but you can go where ever you want when ever you want
but it's OK to not to do any of the abusive but stay alert and control the virus.
Me i am having to shield and have hardly left the house along with the rest of my house hold
so can we go for a jolly to the seaside now
but i cant do any of the above as my income has gone west tonight will be my last post on her as internet goes off tomorrow.
what a ficking mess this country is got payed of from my part time job that kept our head above water with my two small pensions.
i don.t qualify for nothing what a lode of crap it is folks dying and all sum bother abut is a trip out
and for that reason i am out
bill

What a shame Bill i feel for you, this shit is causing a lot of misery, I am fearing for my own job too.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
A lot of folks loosing jobs and self employed are going to go thruppney bits up because of the situation through no fault of there own .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back