Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I am currently trying to research PCV's and thanks to a suggestion from @DBK I really like the sound of the L and M models produced by East Neuk Campervans and was wondering if any members on here have any experience of them?
I have tried the search function but I am clearly doing something wrong as I can only find three references to them.
It looks like I may have to go and have a look at them at some stage and will take the opportunity to have a couple of days in the area.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I am currently trying to research PCV's and thanks to a suggestion from @DBK I really like the sound of the L and M models produced by East Neuk Campervans and was wondering if any members on here have any experience of them?
I have tried the search function but I am clearly doing something wrong as I can only find three references to them.
It looks like I may have to go and have a look at them at some stage and will take the opportunity to have a couple of days in the area.
@Hilltopper has a Touring L but he isn't as prolific on here as his brother. :) I'll see if I can raise him. :)

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I was up in anstruther the other day and had a look at the workshop it looks like thay do a good job
Nice finish didn't ask to many questions but thay seem very friendly
Bil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Look decent vans although both fresh and waste are slung underneath so not sure how well winterised they will be, needs checking if its important to you.

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
They have won awards in the past for their innovative design in small vans. You don't see them on the second hand market very often, but I dispd like the look of them when I took a brief look a few years ago.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 43219

Deleted User
DBK has just rattled my cage..............yes, we've got a Touring L and are delighted with it. When we compared it with other PVC's, we thought it significantly better thought out, constructed and finished. As CazPaul notes above, the tanks are underslung. You can spec a heater pad on the fresh tank (some friends of ours have just ordered ditto); not sure about the waste, speak to Darren at ENC on that one. Our fresh tank didn't freeze up after several days well below zero but the waste did. Probably just need to run the heater a bit more! The waste tank is quite low, so needs watching when manoeuvring on rough ground, however it's slightly lower than the electric step, so if you ground it it's just the step scraping, not a potentially expensive noise from the step. The storage space in the L is excellent, we have yet to fill it even packing for a trip of several weeks. Having two solar panels means that even with intermittent sunshine you can go for a week or more without a mains hook up.

Tony

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dartagnan

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
@Hilltopper has a Touring L but he isn't as prolific on here as his brother. :) I'll see if I can raise him. :)
That's very kind of you.

They have won awards in the past for their innovative design in small vans. You don't see them on the second hand market very often, but I dispd like the look of them when I took a brief look a few years ago.
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find a used one for sale which to me bodes well. I was considering buying new anyway as anything I have read about them seems to refer to their excellent customer service and quality.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dartagnan

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
DBK has just rattled my cage..............yes, we've got a Touring L and are delighted with it. When we compared it with other PVC's, we thought it significantly better thought out, constructed and finished. As CazPaul notes above, the tanks are underslung. You can spec a heater pad on the fresh tank (some friends of ours have just ordered ditto); not sure about the waste, speak to Darren at ENC on that one. Our fresh tank didn't freeze up after several days well below zero but the waste did. Probably just need to run the heater a bit more! The waste tank is quite low, so needs watching when manoeuvring on rough ground, however it's slightly lower than the electric step, so if you ground it it's just the step scraping, not a potentially expensive noise from the step. The storage space in the L is excellent, we have yet to fill it even packing for a trip of several weeks. Having two solar panels means that even with intermittent sunshine you can go for a week or more without a mains hook up.

Tony
Tony thank you very much for the information. It's very helpful and quite reassuring.
I am going to give ENC a ring and make further enquiries for a visit to them. I will give it a little while re the visit as it is the rioting season here very soon so the ferries will be full of people legging it to get out of the way:D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dartagnan

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Fish and chips by the harbour and fresh lobster in Crail the village 5 miles up the road.
About 30 years ago we stayed at Kilkoncuhar Castle a couple of times. We absolutely loved it and after all this time I can still remember getting the lobsters boiled by the little shack at Crail harbour, the fish and chips in Anstruther and we had a magnificent meal in a restaurant called the cellar. I understand the owner/chef became well renowned and it was the first time I had ever experienced a no smoking rule in a restaurant (the man was clearly years ahead of his time).
I suspect after all this time things have changed but I always wanted to go back and now I have the perfect excuse.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you'll be staying the night on ENC site it's next door to The Co-Op for supplies.
If you're into fish and chips go the The Wee Chippy, it's closer and better (in our opinion) than the more famous Anstruther Fish Bar. The owner used to be a chef at Buck Palace (allegedly). Both 5 - 10 mins walk.
If you've got a couple of hours to kill whilst you ponder your purchase The Scottish Fisheries Museum is worth a wander round.

Upvote 0

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Hitting best time for strawberries and rasps as well.

Upvote 1

GSD

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Fifer Touring "M" 2017 E6
Exp
10 years +
Took delivery of my new Fifer M in March a replacement for a 2012 Fifer M which I also had from new. Great robust well designed and superbly built with a specification as long as your arm so you don't need to spend money on the options list unlike some competitors where the real cost is £10k higher than the starting point. There is now a video section on their website giving a view of the M L and Cub. models.

http://www.eastneukcampervans.co.uk

Come back if you have any more specific queries ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dartagnan

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Took delivery of my new Fifer M in March a replacement for a 2012 Fifer M which I also had from new. Great robust well designed and superbly built with a specification as long as your arm so you don't need to spend money on the options list unlike some competitors where the real cost is £10k higher than the starting point. There is now a video section on their website giving a view of the M L and Cub. models.

http://www.eastneukcampervans.co.uk

Come back if you have any more specific queries ?
Thank you very much for the information it seems to confirm everything I have read so far. I will most definitely take you up on the offer of further advice if I may once I am a bit further down the line.
I had viewed the two videos and I was impressed. The customer service and quality also appeal to me.

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

GSD

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Fifer Touring "M" 2017 E6
Exp
10 years +
Just realised that my 2012 Fifer sold in February is actually still on the for sale part of the form. This will give you some more info. The 2017 model has a lot of upgrades including gas tank, LED lighting, better bed system, reversing camera and small detail improvements etc as well as being Euro 6 with a different (PAS as opposed to Ford Engine) The old ad will however give you some idea with interior pictures . We opted for no oven in our old van but the standard configuration includes an oven which we do have in our new van.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dartagnan

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Just realised that my 2012 Fifer sold in February is actually still on the for sale part of the form. This will give you some more info. The 2017 model has a lot of upgrades including gas tank, LED lighting, better bed system, reversing camera and small detail improvements etc as well as being Euro 6 with a different (PAS as opposed to Ford Engine) The old ad will however give you some idea with interior pictures . We opted for no oven in our old van but the standard configuration includes an oven which we do have in our new van.
Thank you for the additional information and again it appears to confirm my view that they are very well thought out vans and contain everything that I would need without having to go through a very expensive options list.
That was a very clever advert with bubbles indicating the features!
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post and provide the useful information.

Upvote 0

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
The Cellar is under new ownership as of a few years ago, and has a Michelin star. I highly recommend it if you are into 'fine dining'. He is currently doing a tasting menu, not everyone's 'thing' I know, but we have been twice now as a treat, and it's the best food we have ever had in a restaurant.

The site there (Silverdyke) is pretty good.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dartagnan

Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
The Cellar is under new ownership as of a few years ago, and has a Michelin star. I highly recommend it if you are into 'fine dining'. He is currently doing a tasting menu, not everyone's 'thing' I know, but we have been twice now as a treat, and it's the best food we have ever had in a restaurant.

The site there (Silverdyke) is pretty good.
We will most definitely visit there. I remember dining there 30 years ago such was the fantastic meal that we had at that time. There are not that many restaurants that I have eaten in that I can still remember the experience from such a long time ago.
It will be interesting to try it and I do like the tasting menu because they often contain dishes that I would not order normally.

Upvote 0

Fifer van

Free Member
Dec 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fifer Touring L
We have a 2012 L Fifer, I don’t suppose you know if the webasto heater can go on if there is no water in the system. Our water pump has failed and it’s freezing.

Upvote 0
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
KpWe have a 2012 L Fifer, I don’t suppose you know if the webasto heater can go on if there is no water in the system. Our water pump has failed and it’s freezing.
This is a five year old thread, GSD hasn't been on the forum since Sept.

You'd be better off starting a new thread, once you've said hello 👋

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
A medium Fifer was our first van. Workmanship was superb. Family run firm who were amazingly helpful. It wasn’t until I bought my next van that I realised that normal vans and motorhome have bits that shake and rattle. Our Fifer habitat area was very quiet.
The only downside was that the (very) rear single third passenger seat was bouncy.

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
We have a 2012 L Fifer, I don’t suppose you know if the webasto heater can go on if there is no water in the system. Our water pump has failed and it’s freezing.
I have a webasto Dualtop in a different van and can use it for heating when I have no water onboard

Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
We have a Fifer M with a webasto thermotop, if you have the same heater you can have the heating on without water no problems.

extract from Fifer quick guide..

"DIESEL HEATING AND HOT WATER Heating and hot water is supplied by Webasto Thermo Top C diesel/230 volt unit, operating on diesel, or diesel/electric when on mains hook-up. Space heating is from blown air, via the heating outlets. Hot water is provided by heat-pipe transfer. HEATING AND HOT WATER A small round display panel allows operation of the heating and hot water system. Press the top OFF button (this operates as both an ON and an OFF button) to activate the system. Press the bottom button (white dot). This switches on the diesel burner. Allow a few minutes to heat up. Press the red or blue button to select the desired room temperature. The system is now in automatic mode and will run the fans according to how the room temperature rises and falls. Once the desired temperature has been reached, the fans will switch off. The fans can be operated manually by pressing the fan switches immediately above the illuminated display, over-riding their automatic operation. HOT WATER ONLY Switch on the system with the top OFF button (this operates as both an ON and an OFF button) Press the bottom button (white dot). This switches on the diesel burner. Allow a few minutes to heat up. Ensure fans are switched OFF. You will now achieve hot water ONLY. 15 ELECTRIC IMMERSION HEATER There is a switch for the 2kW immersion heater on the front of the offside settee base. If on mains hook-up the immersion heater can be used as part of the hot water system. If the diesel burner switch (bottom white dot on the control panel) is not pressed, there will be a modest amount of hot water produced by the immersion heater only. If the immersion heater is used in conjunction with the diesel heater i.e. the bottom white dot on the control panel is pressed, then performance will be increased to 7kW. Please note – the heating system can operate even when the water system throughout the van has been fully drained down"

Pete

Upvote 0

Fifer van

Free Member
Dec 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Fifer Touring L
This is the webasto that we have if anyone can offer any advice
59A5F3DB-D185-4A6A-BB86-81D6C3B0F602.jpeg
3CB25272-ED0F-4F18-B52E-2C0E1DEDB56A.jpeg

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This is the webasto that we have if anyone can offer any advice
View attachment 701735View attachment 701736
The top picture is your water pump. The bottom picture is a Webasto control panel.

They are not trivial DIY jobs and you should consider contacting a Webasto agent. Beware, spare parts are expensive. Hope you can get it sorted.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back