Rally early yet, but a heads up ! (1 Viewer)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh dear , This sounds like this going to be a great meet again. I will have to load up the van. With all my cheap scotch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 15, 2014
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2010
Hi John,
sadly we will have to miss out this year as we have a diary clash, so please remove us from the attendees list.
Thanks
Rodd & Les
:-(

Jan 15, 2014
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2010
Ooops Sorry John, Change of plan "Please Ignore above post" and leave us on the list.

We will be there all week and Richard will stand in for me on Saturday night (in addition to doing your Auction :))

Thanks

Les & Rodd

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
@Jaws, sorry John, we won't be back in time for your Thetford Bash.

Could you take Rita and I off your list please. We hope the meet is another success for you. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Just an idea: Basic First Aid Course at the Thetford Bash 2016

I have asked John (Jaws) about this and he is happy that it happens.

What I would like to know is would you be interested attending a Basic First Aid Course at the Thetford Bash 2016, which will run on the Saturday morning in the club house and outside ( practise time ) There will be a basic cost to attend to the course this will cover any costs to the very kind lady who will come and teach / instruct and any money left over will go to John's (Jaws) charity.
Up to 8 students at a time and over the morning and 3 courses ( subject to instructor agreeing this ) so we can get as many through as possible.
It will cover the recovery position, CPR and use an AED. Starting with explaining the reasons why, followed by some safety guidance and then a demonstration of how to do it. There would be "hands on" practice with the "dummies" and an assessment of each person. Certificates (if I know names of attendees before the event) along with the Basic Life Support and AED booklet will be issued to each person at the end.

What I need to know is are you interested in attend simple Name: yes will do - I think the cost per person will be 12 pounds payable on arrival at the bash, this covers booklet, certificate and a little gift for the instructor who is using her holiday time from work and giving her time for free.

Please NOTE: you are not at this stage booking to attend the Thetford Bash only confirming you will be interested in a Basic First Aid Course.

Please put us both down for the First Aid course, we both need to know what to do in an emergency!!!

Ginny and Mike

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
@Jaws, sorry John, we won't be back in time for your Thetford Bash.

Could you take Rita and I off your list please. We hope the meet is another success for you. (y)

Cheers for now,

Jock. :)

That's a shame, Charlie will miss you !

Ginny

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
That's a shame, Charlie will miss you !

Ginny
Sadly Ginny, but we'll still be across the water at the time, so not all bad from our point of view. :) We'll keep Charlie's doggie treats safe for now. ;)

All the best to you and Mike. (y)

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Just an idea: Basic First Aid Course at the Thetford Bash 2016

I have asked John (Jaws) about this and he is happy that it happens.

What I would like to know is would you be interested attending a Basic First Aid Course at the Thetford Bash 2016, which will run on the Saturday morning in the club house and outside ( practise time ) There will be a basic cost to attend to the course this will cover any costs to the very kind lady who will come and teach / instruct and any money left over will go to John's (Jaws) charity.
Up to 8 students at a time and over the morning and 3 courses ( subject to instructor agreeing this ) so we can get as many through as possible.
It will cover the recovery position, CPR and use an AED. Starting with explaining the reasons why, followed by some safety guidance and then a demonstration of how to do it. There would be "hands on" practice with the "dummies" and an assessment of each person. Certificates (if I know names of attendees before the event) along with the Basic Life Support and AED booklet will be issued to each person at the end.

What I need to know is are you interested in attend simple Name: yes will do - I think the cost per person will be 12 pounds payable on arrival at the bash, this covers booklet, certificate and a little gift for the instructor who is using her holiday time from work and giving her time for free.

Please NOTE: you are not at this stage booking to attend the Thetford Bash only confirming you will be interested in a Basic First Aid Course.

Yes please John! Both of us! :)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Yes please John! Both of us! :)
That's great, but you are the first to offer to attend, so fingers crossed many more will follow. The kind lady doing the teaching is taking time off work to do this so do not want to waste hr time. See you at Thetford.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
That's great, but you are the first to offer to attend, so fingers crossed many more will follow. The kind lady doing the teaching is taking time off work to do this so do not want to waste hr time. See you at Thetford.

Hi John, we should be down on your list, I put it on the forum a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps you should have a thread just for the first aid course, then it wouldn't get lost in the rest of the threads.

Have you settled in your new 'home' OK?

Ginny

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Hi John, we should be down on your list, I put it on the forum a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps you should have a thread just for the first aid course, then it wouldn't get lost in the rest of the threads.

Have you settled in your new 'home' OK?

Ginny
Ginny, morning from sunny Norfolk and we are settled in albeit cold:mad:. There is a thread, but want to keep it here for now until John (JAWS) opens thead for booking. So far only 2 are interested, so somewhat disappointed, but you never know it might pick up. Regards to the other half, see you at Thetford.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Watch out for the tickets available thread some time next week folks

After the debacle of three years ago when the site had double booked the date I am going to go up in person and confirm all is on the green before I take any bookings :)
The moment it is confirmed a new thread will be started with all the details and info

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Every one who expressed an interest should now have a PM
If you would like to attend please PM me or post on the new thread that you would like to come and play !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back