Early service due light

Discussion in 'Motorhome Help for the Beginner' started by A and B in the Huzzie, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Pausim

Pausim Funster

Ratings:
    +1,344
    Not what I was told by Mercedes, what is your source of information. If there was a DPF problem I would expect an engine warning light not the service one.

2. jezport

jezport Funster

Ratings:
    +3,201
    I was told by a mechanic, you may not have a DPF fault but it may have had to regenerate. Unlikely if you have not used it for lots of short trips. It could also be the ECU has cocked up when working it out. All modern diesel engines need the ecu to calculate the service interval as the oil could become diluted by diesel during regenerations. Has your oil level risen slightly?

3. Pausim

Pausim Funster

Ratings:
    +1,344
    I am sorry that Mercedes forgot to consult your mechanic when they designed the Sprinter but here is what my service indicator currently shows. If the mileage has not been reached when it gets to about a month before 1 year 3 years etc it changes over to a day count and says service due in x days.
    upload_2019-1-11_21-47-27.jpeg