Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We really want to take a short trip to Northern France in early December but worried about booking anything when there is all this talk of another bad winter. Does anyone have experience of cancelling ferry or tunnel crossings because the weather was too bad to drive to the port?
Don't know whether to book to get a good price and risk having to cancel or to book a day or two before once we know what the weather will be like.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We cancelled a Brittany Ferries sailing last-minute and had to accept a credit note. You need to read each company's T&Cs.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Most have a £10 cancellation fee with a re booking. Its still worthwhile booking early to get a better price, then if you have to change plans at the last minute it only costs a tenner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Most have a £10 cancellation fee with a re booking. Its still worthwhile booking early to get a better price, then if you have to change plans at the last minute it only costs a tenner.

If available we always pay extra to have a ticket that we can change at will with minimum cost to change. Couple of years ago I changed a departure date twice and a return date three times, it cost me nothing. I think that was with a SeaFrance flexible ticket.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi Mags

Howie says can you not get supplies of Buckfast up there? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kath & Howie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back