Ear syringing in Spain? (1 Viewer)

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Can anyone advise? We’re away for another 6 weeks, currently in Spain, and my ear really needs syringing!
I’d be fine at home, but has anyone had their ears ungummed in Spain? Is it something a farmacia does or does it need the equivalent of a practice nurse (like at home?). Last thing I want is a perforated eardrum, so please, no mention of cotton wool buds...

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Most towns and villages have a Centro Salud (Health Centre). Call in to one of them with your EHIC card and ask there. The quieter the village the quicker you'll be seen (normally)!

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
If you ask at a pharmacy, they have a smallish rubber thing like a squeezy ball with a nozzle which you can buy for a few € and use with warm water and do it yourself.....carefully and gently!

Deleted User
Ear should be inspected using otoscope to check if all wax has been removed and to see if there is any problem with the ear canal which is causing the wax.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Here in lovely South Devon
Funster No
If you ask at a pharmacy, they have a smallish rubber thing like a squeezy ball with a nozzle which you can buy for a few € and use with warm water and do it yourself.....carefully and gently!
Yep I always do mine myself with one of these.
Blocked ears are not painful (Well mine isn't) but really annoying.
Bought mine on EBay.
Works a treat with warm water.
I do it while in in the shower, otherwise I get soaked:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back