E690 Dip beam headlamp (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Am I having problems finding one of these. This is on a 1996 e690 it's a 120mm light I am hoping someone knows were I can locate one of these. It is a Hella lamp no.s around the glass are 301-127 057-02 and on the other side of the lens under the E1 symbol there is the no7415.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Am I having problems finding one of these. This is on a 1996 e690 it's a 120mm light I am hoping someone knows were I can locate one of these. It is a Hella lamp no.s around the glass are 301-127 057-02 and on the other side of the lens under the E1 symbol there is the no7415.
Being a fellow E690 owner, I can tell you that these lamps were used on the S Class and E class bodies from roughly 1995 through to 1999/2000.
I am reliably informed that they were also used on early BM 3 & 5 Series cars, as well as some BMW Motorbikes.

Try http://carlylebusandcoach.com for spares. That's where I got my replacement Hella fog lamps from, and they are Hella agents. :)

Good luck. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
OP
OP
GeorgeandJulie
Jul 1, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi to you both Jock and John , Jock I have tried to get onto Carlyle web site having trouble accessing it at the moment. John the one you spotted looks very similar as Jock said but looking at it closely as I can as I have the original sitting on the table beside me, it looks like the adjusters are about 30% out. The set you found on bits and bolts site at 300 are the correct ones I have mail them to find out when they are likely to get them in stock again. Thank you both very much for your time I may have to purchase the set as I need the unit for the MOT THANKS

George

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi to you both Jock and John , Jock I have tried to get onto Carlyle web site having trouble accessing it at the moment. John the one you spotted looks very similar as Jock said but looking at it closely as I can as I have the original sitting on the table beside me, it looks like the adjusters are about 30% out. The set you found on bits and bolts site at 300 are the correct ones I have mail them to find out when they are likely to get them in stock again. Thank you both very much for your time I may have to purchase the set as I need the unit for the MOT THANKS

George

& if you have to you can recoup some money by flogging one to @TheBig1 (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GeorgeandJulie
Jul 1, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Jock,
I have searched the net both here and in Europe the only place I can find that can get one is a main dealer direct from Hymer at £350+, its a no brainier I will have to buy the 4 light set that John also spotted on eBay. If you here of anyone in the same predicament I will have abused dip beam for sale and two main beams, need to get back on the road can't wait for the next run in the factory. I suspect a subsidiary of Hella make these lamps and have gone bust this would explain why none of the suppliers here or abroad can estimate a time of delivery of stock.
As I was finishing this message my lovely Julie came in with one of the ones with the clear lens you were speaking about yesterday. I could not get onto Carlisle's site fortunately they have a branch not far from us at Weybridge, I will still have to buy a second one but at £70 per unit it is still cheaper than a full set. Thank again for your time and advice.

George

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
@GeorgeandJulie. Thanks for the update George. :)

I am assuming that the replacement with the clear lens, which Julie came home with, is the correct replacement for the original units. If it is, that's pleasing to know, ie, that they are an easilly sourced replacement. (y)

Cheers,

OP
OP
GeorgeandJulie
Jul 1, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Jock ,
An update for you the light appears to be exactly the same with the exception to the lens is about 25mm deeper than the original. The only other difference I noted is it has a stabilising attachment were ours has the pneumatic cable, this is easily removed as it is secured in the same way as the adjusters. If you ever eyed to replace with one of these take out the metal mounting plate and instal as a complete unit . Julie is going to get another one for me tomorrow I will send some pics when the front end is reinstated.

Regards

George

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
bolt on bits on ebay has some 120mm lamps for sale , might be worth a look ?
Good luck. sorry just looked at your £9000 lamps and realised its the same company, but others for sale on there site at reasonable price.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Oh yea of little faith, he's going to fit it tonight so we will see.

Julie:pray2:
Sorry Julie. :oops: I wasn't implying that you had sourced the wrong one. I was inquiring if that lamp which looks totally different, was actually Hella's direct replacement. ;)

Hi Jock ,
An update for you the light appears to be exactly the same with the exception to the lens is about 25mm deeper than the original. The only other difference I noted is it has a stabilising attachment were ours has the pneumatic cable, this is easily removed as it is secured in the same way as the adjusters. If you ever eyed to replace with one of these take out the metal mounting plate and instal as a complete unit . Julie is going to get another one for me tomorrow I will send some pics when the front end is reinstated.

Regards

George
Thanks for that George. That does answer my question, and I look forward to piccies of the end results. (y)

Cheers,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back