Dazz

Free Member
Oct 10, 2019
South Wales Valleys
Funster No
MH
Ford Chaussonflash02
Exp
I saw this today in Lidl it seems a great price I was just woundering if anybody has one as I was just thinking of getting one to put in camper Incase I need to nip out around site or down local perhaps to a town ect it comes with carry bag to put it in to after use to mmm
3DD605A6-FDE7-45BA-B8E3-AFF34C15D7F1.png

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Insurance required??
Saw lots in france

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Very popular in France and plenty of places to use one, but here in UK you can’t use it on roads-not legal, you can’t use it on the path, about the only place where you could use it without getting on the wrong side of the law is a disused railway track or your own land!
I would love one but it would spend most of its time in its bag!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Small thread necro, but over here in Poland we have a number of firms who are dumping hundreds of these into the major cities. You simply download an app onto your phone and then pay a small fee per minute of use. When you find one you simply scan the QR code into the app and it activates the scooter for you. The thing that might make this more interesting for users of this forum is that if you then charge the scooter you actually get a rebate on the amount you pay, so if you are paying for shore power anyway, you can put a small amount of that cost against a bit of daily to and from transport.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
They have made them illegal in London. I would love one but?

PS. Don’t get one with little wheels a small stone can cause you to take a tumble.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
See plenty scooting about yesterday around Trafalgar Square. Mr plod can’t catch em, and as no number plate so can’t be traced. The only way to nab em is to wait in hiding and sling a net over them as they pass. Stingers won’t work as most had solid tyres.???

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Small thread necro, but over here in Poland we have a number of firms who are dumping hundreds of these into the major cities. You simply download an app onto your phone and then pay a small fee per minute of use. When you find one you simply scan the QR code into the app and it activates the scooter for you. The thing that might make this more interesting for users of this forum is that if you then charge the scooter you actually get a rebate on the amount you pay, so if you are paying for shore power anyway, you can put a small amount of that cost against a bit of daily to and from transport.

In Germany too ...

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
All sorts of electric scooters, ride on wheels etc in Dublin. Part of the EU but seems to ignore the rules....

Deleted User
In Warsaw at the moment, lots of escooters on the street, look great fun and seem to be being used very responsibly. Might give it a go

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
In Warsaw at the moment, lots of escooters on the street, look great fun and seem to be being used very responsibly. Might give it a go
Personally they get on my bloody nerves. They make the city look so untidy and most of the people riding them don't seem to give a damn about pedestrians using the paths at all. Rant over!

Deleted User
Personally they get on my bloody nerves. They make the city look so untidy and most of the people riding them don't seem to give a damn about pedestrians using the paths at all. Rant over!
Take your point, however, Warsaw is looking fabulous at the moment, the city is so clean, uncrowded and the Christmas lights are better than ever, had to take care in Praga, still a few areas to avoid on the east bank.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Praga is getting better every week it seems. There's a new vodka museum opening the which looks really amazing. One of my friends is the director of the technical museum and is in the prices of getting planning etc to build a huge new technical and military museum there as well.
Don't forget to check out Łazienki park while you're here, it looks really beautiful with all the lights if you head the when it's a bit darker.
Whilst not as impressive as Krakow, the winter market can be fun to have a look around as well.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
While I might agree with you about how they treat pedestrians, lines of cars up and down the streets don't exactly look tidy ;) ;)

Deleted User
Praga is getting better every week it seems. There's a new vodka museum opening the which looks really amazing. One of my friends is the director of the technical museum and is in the prices of getting planning etc to build a huge new technical and military museum there as well.
Don't forget to check out Łazienki park while you're here, it looks really beautiful with all the lights if you head the when it's a bit darker.
Whilst not as impressive as Krakow, the winter market can be fun to have a look around as well.
Praga is fantastic now, especially compared to the mid 90's when I was always told not to go after dark, and didn't, happy to do now though.We love Lazienki Park anytime of year, especially like the Chopin concerts in season. Since we gave our apartment up we stay at the Bristol hotel which is perfect for the old town Christmas market, as you say, small, but very Warsaw and friendly. We just love the place and actively looking to buy a bolt hole so long as it's in walking distance of the old town, next task is to see where I can park the camper can.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
We just love the place and actively looking to buy a bolt hole so long as it's in walking distance of the old town, next task is to see where I can park the camper can.
I've been looking into parking places. It really depends on how much you want to spend. I found one company just outside of Warsaw which looks like it gives your van the full 5 star treatment. They clean the van when you drop it off, will keep on top of things like battery charging and pest control, fill your fresh water prior to you picking up the van to take it out.
Other than that there are numerous paid, long term parking lots with "security" (read - an 80 year old man in a hut!) and some ok ones are on Pulawska. If you want more info, please feel free to message me anytime!

Deleted User
I've been looking into parking places. It really depends on how much you want to spend. I found one company just outside of Warsaw which looks like it gives your van the full 5 star treatment. They clean the van when you drop it off, will keep on top of things like battery charging and pest control, fill your fresh water prior to you picking up the van to take it out.
Other than that there are numerous paid, long term parking lots with "security" (read - an 80 year old man in a hut!) and some ok ones are on Pulawska. If you want more info, please feel free to message me anytime!
Thanks RO, would like to take you up on that as we get our plans finalised,separate subject, however, was really pleased to see a number of Land Rover Defenders in Warsaw, previously my first love before camper vans and the subject of many expeditions, it's been a real trip down memory lane!

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
Bought one of these a few months ago. Works fine. Great value. Good range. Managed to break a clip and no problem getting it repaired by the OEM. Noone (her in Scotland) has shown any issues with the legality.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back